Survey: Best FF

Last response: in Video Games
May 11, 2004 9:30:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best? Is it the
old school NES & SNES or new school ones from ff7 on?

If I had to pick, I'd say FF3. That was a defining moment in my
childhood....

Non-FF...Probably Chrono Trigger. Anyone hear about that fan-made port for
the PC?

More about : survey

Anonymous
May 11, 2004 9:31:00 AM

HK_Newbie wrote:

> Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best? Is it the
> old school NES & SNES or new school ones from ff7 on?
>
> If I had to pick, I'd say FF3. That was a defining moment in my
> childhood....

In order of the one's I've actually played extensively:

FF3us/6j
FF Tactics
FF7
FF8

> Non-FF...Probably Chrono Trigger. Anyone hear about that fan-made port for
> the PC?

Non-FF what? RPG?

Parasite Eve!

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

In message <nyZnc.45896$wY.42808@nwrdny03.gnilink.net>
"HK_Newbie" <hk_newbie@verizon.net> wrote:

>Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best? Is it the
>old school NES & SNES or new school ones from ff7 on?
>
>If I had to pick, I'd say FF3. That was a defining moment in my
>childhood....
>

>Non-FF...Probably Chrono Trigger. Anyone hear about that fan-made port for
>the PC?
>

>.

im guessing you mean the fan made 3D version of CT. Chrono Trigger
Ressurection. Looks nice don't know much more abou it though.Heres an image:
http://insertcredit.com/news/052004/chrono.jpg

--
===============
Anurodh Pokharel

HK_Newbie wrote:

> Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best?  Is it
> the old school NES & SNES or new school ones from ff7 on?

I'm not sure. I'll pick a favourite from each generation, and try to sort
them that way.

16 bit: FF5 (probably my favourite of all of them)
8 bit: FF3j (they need to release this legally in English)
PS One: hard to choose. FF7 for story, FF9 for game mechanics.
PS Two: I've only played FFX so far, but really enjoyed it.

--
- Blaine

http://www.bureau42.com
ICQ: 24893016

"It was mentioned on CNN that the new prime number discovered recently
is four times bigger than the previous record."
- John Blasik.
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 5:43:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

In message <9a4f7b58e350b3026a06e0d34322cefc@news.teranews.com>
"Pahsons - Somnolent - Insomniac" <pahsonspam@juno.com> wrote:

>In a daze, I read HK_Newbie's post, then collasped.
>
>> Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best? Is
>> it the old school NES & SNES or new school ones from ff7 on?
>>
>> If I had to pick, I'd say FF3. That was a defining moment in my
>> childhood....
>>

>> Non-FF...Probably Chrono Trigger. Anyone hear about that fan-made
>> port for the PC?
>>

>FF ONE

>Geeze

It would be if such a game existed. I remember i was called Final
Fantasy :-p
-Anu

--
===============
Anurodh Pokharel

"HK_Newbie" <hk_newbie@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best? Is it
the
> old school NES & SNES or new school ones from ff7 on?
>
> If I had to pick, I'd say FF3. That was a defining moment in my
> childhood....

FFX-2
FF8
FF7

In that order.
--
Ramen Junkie

http://www.lameazoid.com
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 1:01:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

"HK_Newbie" <hk_newbie@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best? Is it
the
> old school NES & SNES or new school ones from ff7 on?
>
> If I had to pick, I'd say FF3. That was a defining moment in my
> childhood....
>

> Non-FF...Probably Chrono Trigger. Anyone hear about that fan-made port
for
> the PC?

Well out of the three I played probably FFVIII is my favourite.

--

"aouf" It's the new (edited) way of swearing
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aouf&f=1

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

"HK_Newbie" <hk_newbie@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best? Is it
the
> old school NES & SNES or new school ones from ff7 on?
>
> If I had to pick, I'd say FF3. That was a defining moment in my
> childhood....
>

> Non-FF...Probably Chrono Trigger. Anyone hear about that fan-made port
for
> the PC?

In order..

FFX (and FFX-2, I count them as the same story)
FFVIII
FFVII
FFIX

FFVIj was interesting, but I haven't finished it yet.

--
· Obsidian
Forever grateful fan of Nobuo Uematsu & Yasunori Mitsuda.

The wild regrets, and the bloody sweats, none knew so well as I:
For he who live more lives than one, more deaths than one must die.
-Oscar Wilde
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 6:19:28 PM

HK_Newbie wrote:
> Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best? Is
> it the old school NES & SNES or new school ones from ff7 on?
>
> If I had to pick, I'd say FF3. That was a defining moment in my
> childhood....
>

> Non-FF...Probably Chrono Trigger. Anyone hear about that fan-made
> port for the PC?

I agree.

Best FF, and no one can contest this btw, is:

FFVI
FFVIII (just simply because of the story)
FFV

Non FF would be either Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana. Illusion of Gaia
and Lagoon was good to.

Ryan
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 7:45:21 PM

HK_Newbie wrote:

> Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best?

FF X
FF X-2
FF IX
FF VII
FF VIII

--

/)/)
(';' )

----------
Tristan

**** ce message a été analysé à l'envoi par norton antivirus 2004 mis à jour
***
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 7:45:22 PM

Pahsons - Somnolent - Insomniac wrote:
> In a daze, I read chocobo's post, then collasped.
>
>> HK_Newbie wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best?
>>
>> FF X
>> FF X-2
>> FF IX
>> FF VII
>> FF VIII
>
> The big problem I see is that noone has played the original games at
> all. What a shame

I totaly agree. They were some of the best.

Ryan
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 1:43:58 AM

"Pahsons - Somnolent - Insomniac" <pahsonspam@juno.com> wrote in message
> In a daze, I read chocobo's post, then collasped.
>
> > HK_Newbie wrote:
> >
> >> Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best?
> >
> > FF X
> > FF X-2
> > FF IX
> > FF VII
> > FF VIII
>
> The big problem I see is that noone has played the original games at all.
> What a shame

I'll have to know I've played all of them. And I don't mean Emulators, I
mean when FF1 was the only FF game. I can't speak for everyone else.
Frankly I liked Ultima Exodus better. The character creation system was
considerably cooler at the time.
--
Ramen Junkie

http://www.lameazoid.com
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 1:44:51 AM

"DarkSheer" <rdettl__@__dundee.net> wrote in message
> HK_Newbie wrote:
> > Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best? Is
> > it the old school NES & SNES or new school ones from ff7 on?
> >
> > If I had to pick, I'd say FF3. That was a defining moment in my
> > childhood....
> >

> > Non-FF...Probably Chrono Trigger. Anyone hear about that fan-made
> > port for the PC?
>

> I agree.
>
> Best FF, and no one can contest this btw, is:
>
> FFVI
> FFVIII (just simply because of the story)
> FFV
>
> Non FF would be either Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana. Illusion of Gaia
> and Lagoon was good to.

Rad Racer is the best non FF Square game fool.
--
Ramen Junkie

http://www.lameazoid.com
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 5:53:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

On Tue, 11 May 2004 05:30:59 GMT, "HK_Newbie" <hk_newbie@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Just wondering, What Final Fantasy do you guys think is the best? Is it the
>old school NES & SNES or new school ones from ff7 on?
>
>If I had to pick, I'd say FF3. That was a defining moment in my
>childhood....
>

>Non-FF...Probably Chrono Trigger. Anyone hear about that fan-made port for
>the PC?

In order

FFXI
FFVII