Sign in with
Your question

Saints row the third black screen

Last response: in Video Games
December 12, 2012 7:59:24 AM

hi all, so i'm trying to play saints row the third which i have purchased through steam, i'm running windows 7, intel core i5 3570k, and have a saphire radeon hd ghz edition oc 7870. with that said, when i get to the first mission where you have to bust into the army base i get up into the helicoptor part and after i finish that area it loads to a black screen at which time the card revs to %100 and i get locked out, cntrl+alt+delete doesn't work nor does reset i am forced to power off from the tower. any ideas what this could be? my other games work fine and tax my card far more than this does (witcher 2, metro 2033).
December 12, 2012 9:06:46 AM

Your Power Supply Unit might not be up to handling your Radeon HD 7870 for more than 60 seconds to 300 seconds (5 minutes).

Generally when a game freezes like this on a rig, where the PSU model wasn't specified, it ends up being a PSU fault.

- Have you updated your video card drivers, etc.?
- Have you run a 'Verify Game Data' on the game?
- If it's corrupt consider running MemTest86+ for 3 passes to confirm you get zero errors. (1 or more indicates a fault).

m
l
December 12, 2012 6:38:56 PM

Scott_D_Bowen said:
Your Power Supply Unit might not be up to handling your Radeon HD 7870 for more than 60 seconds to 300 seconds (5 minutes).

Generally when a game freezes like this on a rig, where the PSU model wasn't specified, it ends up being a PSU fault.

- Have you updated your video card drivers, etc.?
- Have you run a 'Verify Game Data' on the game?
- If it's corrupt consider running MemTest86+ for 3 passes to confirm you get zero errors. (1 or more indicates a fault).

well i'll check those out, although i would be surprised if it was the psu since it's a 675w thermaltake toughpower xt. but hey you never know.
m
l
!