Unlocking/Overclocking 2200+

Chameleon425

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
I have a Athlon 2200+ Thoroughbred 'A'. I'm kind of confused when it comes to unlocking the CPU because there are multiple ways for both the A and B core. Since all the L1 bridges are closed I believe that I should be able to change the multipliers in the BIOS without any problems, but as soon as I change them my computer won't boot. Is the CPU already shipped unlocked or do I need to connect the 5th L3 bridge like in the Barton? If I do need to connect the 5th L3 bridge then is the wire loop method the same as connecting the 5th L3 bridge using a conductive pen? I've also seen some people connecting the L1 bridges which doesn't make sense because they are already connected when shipped. I'd just like a little clarification on this topic before I fry my chip. Also, if you have some good settings that have worked for you please share. :)

Thanks in advance!!!

svol

Champion
It should be unlocked for all high end multipliers, in other words 13x and above. But if it is the first batch of T-bredsA I'm not so sure if they can be unlocked at all.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek: