Cingular vs. SprintPCS in San Francisco?

I live in San Francisco and am considering moving from SprintPCS to
Cingular. Which is supposed to be better these days?

TIA,
Robert
5 answers Last reply
More about cingular sprintpcs francisco

    Cingular coverage in San Francisco is a joke!! It's terrible. It's bad. It
    doesn't work!!!
    (Sorry, I am extremely frustrated with Cingular in SF). You would be lucky
    if you can get a good signal in Noe Valley, Twin Peaks, Diamond Heights &
    Castro. Maybe they are ok downtown.

    Sprint has excellent coverage in San Francisco and if you don't get a sprint
    signal, your phone will use verizon digital service (or at&t/verizon analog)
    with no charges if you sign up for their Free & Clear America ($5 bucks
    option). So basically you can't go wrong there. I am switching as soon as my
    contract is over.

    AT&T TDMA used to be fine (I heard horror stories about AT&T GSM). Verizon
    seems to work well. No idea about Nextel.

    I wouldn't switch to cingular if I lived in San Francisco
    "Robert" <rrwolf22@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I live in San Francisco and am considering moving from SprintPCS to
    > Cingular. Which is supposed to be better these days?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Robert

    I travel to SF very often and found that Cingular was spotty there but has
    improved a lot lately. With the Nation plan you can roam on other GSM
    networks like AT&T and T-Mobile. I'm satified with Cingular's service in
    SF.

    The price with Cingular is right so why not give it a try in San Francisco.

    My friends claim that Verizon is best in SF. But, in my view, Verizon is
    too expensive. I don't make a living being on the phone so I don't need to
    pay the premium. I also like GSM phones because I can change handset
    whenever I like.

    In Southern California (where i live) Cingular is excellent.

    "Topguy" <topguyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > Cingular coverage in San Francisco is a joke!! It's terrible. It's bad. It
    > doesn't work!!!
    > (Sorry, I am extremely frustrated with Cingular in SF). You would be lucky
    > if you can get a good signal in Noe Valley, Twin Peaks, Diamond Heights &
    > Castro. Maybe they are ok downtown.
    >
    > Sprint has excellent coverage in San Francisco and if you don't get a
    sprint
    > signal, your phone will use verizon digital service (or at&t/verizon
    analog)
    > with no charges if you sign up for their Free & Clear America ($5 bucks
    > option). So basically you can't go wrong there. I am switching as soon as
    my
    > contract is over.
    >
    > AT&T TDMA used to be fine (I heard horror stories about AT&T GSM). Verizon
    > seems to work well. No idea about Nextel.
    >
    > I wouldn't switch to cingular if I lived in San Francisco
    > "Robert" <rrwolf22@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > I live in San Francisco and am considering moving from SprintPCS to
    > > Cingular. Which is supposed to be better these days?
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > > Robert

    I have both services. Not sure what your requirements are but in my opinion
    Sprint has the better coverage in the Bay Area.

    "Robert" <rrwolf22@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I live in San Francisco and am considering moving from SprintPCS to
    > Cingular. Which is supposed to be better these days?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Robert

    Nice, everyone agreed! That''s unusual these days.
    BTW, T-Mobile uses Cingular towers here in SF so that will not get you
    better coverage.
    True, it has improved but it is still VERY bad!
    I haven't been able to use the AT&T towers with Cingular yet but that should
    change by the end of the year.
    Again, as much as I hate Sprint CSR, sprint is better in SFO.
    "RonInCal" <NoSpam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I have both services. Not sure what your requirements are but in my
    opinion
    > Sprint has the better coverage in the Bay Area.
    >

    > "Robert" <rrwolf22@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > I live in San Francisco and am considering moving from SprintPCS to
    > > Cingular. Which is supposed to be better these days?
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > > Robert

    True that Sprint is good in SF. A friend of mine from SF calls me everyday
    on Sprint while communiting and we get good connection. Also Sprint CSR is
    good about making accommodations to retain customers.

    > Nice, everyone agreed! That''s unusual these days.
    > BTW, T-Mobile uses Cingular towers here in SF so that will not get you
    > better coverage.
    > True, it has improved but it is still VERY bad!
    > I haven't been able to use the AT&T towers with Cingular yet but that
    should
    > change by the end of the year.
    > Again, as much as I hate Sprint CSR, sprint is better in SFO.
    > "RonInCal" <NoSpam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > I have both services. Not sure what your requirements are but in my
    > opinion
    > > Sprint has the better coverage in the Bay Area.
    > >

    > > "Robert" <rrwolf22@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > > I live in San Francisco and am considering moving from SprintPCS to
    > > > Cingular. Which is supposed to be better these days?
    > > >
    > > > TIA,
    > > > Robert

Cingular Internet Service Providers