Sign in with
Your question

Cant play cs:go

Last response: in Video Games
December 12, 2012 10:26:26 PM

everytime time i start the game from steam it go to a black screen. the only way to get in is to cntrl alt delt back to desktop then click on cs icon in the task back. then when i go to play an online match it closes out back to steam and says. error game is already running. wtf! it doesnt happen every time though. like 1/10 it will work. i have reinstalled steam completely and the game to. i have win 8 and i feel like that could be the problem. any guesses or advice?

More about : play

December 12, 2012 10:29:11 PM

Hi :) 

DID it do it in 7 ??? If no then you know the answer...

All the best Brett :) 
December 12, 2012 10:31:40 PM

Verify the game cache.

Highlight game -> Right click -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game cache...
Related resources
December 12, 2012 11:16:57 PM

i dont know what game cache is but i did what u said and it said successful. i never used steam on win 7 or have ever played cs
December 12, 2012 11:40:54 PM

Brett928S2 said:

DID it do it in 7 ??? If no then you know the answer...

The only answer is that you have some prejudice issues towards 8. Let me tell you this, Windows 8 is 100% fully compatible with Windows 7 certified software (minus some of the drivers obviously)

@OP: Go to your Steam library, right click on CS:GO>Properties>Set launch options and then type in:
-window

If this doesn't work then you should update your graphics drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-3... => (I assumed you've got 64-bit Windows since you've got 16GB of RAM)
December 13, 2012 12:13:52 AM

no for the first option and i have a beta nvidea driver. 310.67. im downloading the 306.97 right now and ill tell you if that helped. i just got one match of cs:go before it said game stopped running bs
December 13, 2012 12:18:51 AM

Soda-88 said:
The only answer is that you have some prejudice issues towards 8. Let me tell you this, Windows 8 is 100% fully compatible with Windows 7 certified software (minus some of the drivers obviously)

@OP: Go to your Steam library, right click on CS:GO>Properties>Set launch options and then type in:
-window

If this doesn't work then you should update your graphics drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-3... => (I assumed you've got 64-bit Windows since you've got 16GB of RAM)

I sell both 7 and 8 in my shops...

The only prejudice I have against 8 (apart from its general awfulness -IMHO) is the number of people coming into my shops with 8 AND GAMING PROBLEMS...

If you seriously think it hasn't any then just search this Forum...

December 13, 2012 12:23:38 AM

hey, dont be fighting about OS'es. not on this thread at least. there both good. here is a pic of what it says when i get kicked out of cs:go...
December 13, 2012 12:26:31 AM

it will sometimes say this or a windows message will pop up and say program stopped running, or sometimes nothing at all. i would upload a video of this but win8 inst compatible with fraps on recording desktop yet.
December 13, 2012 12:27:26 AM

oh and i did the driver update and it obviously did nothing. thanks for the help so far.
December 14, 2012 3:08:35 AM

i figured it out.it was my msi afterburner that was messing it up. to fix i just quit the program and there you have it. its not win 8 or anything of that sort.
!