Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Anker Precision laser gaming mouse. 8000dpi

Last response: in Video Games
Share
a b 4 Gaming
December 13, 2012 4:19:17 AM

i was recently contacted by Anker, http://ianker.com/ to try there new laser gaming mouse.



specs.
8000 DPI high-precision gaming laser for better cursor control at any hand speed via high-grade microchip
Store up to two ready-to-play profiles
9 precisely-placed programmable buttons
Execute complex macros with a single click.
16 million customizable back light colors, easy to personalize your mouse. It also provides a benefit to users managing multiple profiles with different colors. Illumination can be switched off if you dislike.



Perfectly honed shape, carefully crafted with natural curves to maintain comfortable play for hours.
Low-friction underside glides effortlessly over almost any surface.
Equipped with Omron micro-switches to reduce effort during gameplay.
8-piece weight-tuning system offers personalized feel and control (140~160g).



the software is very simple and straight forward in its use. you are given 4 tabs.

your button config and speed tab.

you dpi configuration and poll rate. x and y are independent or can be locked to be used together and is also the tab to save your profiles.

the third tab is for the log lighting and how the mouse led breath... 16 million colours with 4 brightnesses and 4 breathing speeds.
last but not least

Lastly software updates... so no need to try and remember where you got em from last time you installed them... just click and your at its home page... again its good that they got these little details rite straight away.


my personal opinion as i see it.
as yet i have no price but i expect it will fit in the mid to high end category. judging by the quality of the whole package.
overall feel. the comfort level due to the shape of the mouse is very good it is designed more for the palmer than the claw griper.

button lay out is good. there are 2 buttons above the the mouse wheel and 1 below it i set the 2 above to turn up and down the dpi but they can be configured to any of the given options of which there are plenty. the 1 below it i set to throw my nades in MW3 and used the wheel for weapon selection and melee. this is important... not all mice get there buttons recognised straight away. i had no such issues with this mouse, out the box it was able to configure the buttons to any in game command i chose. (cant say the same for may razer lachesis)

the left, right and MMB are all very good, firm responsive and give the impression of quality parts being used properly.

the side buttons (3 of them) placement is good for medium sized hands and better for the larger hand as the very front 1 is just that little to far to be reached easily. this is typical of a 3 button config so if you have a slightly larger hand or you hold the mouse slightly higher than i do you will manage to hit all 3 easily.

mouse glide... is excellent. the feet use are very good and slip the mouse with minimal effort which adds to the overall feel and responsiveness of the mouse in general.

now on to what i deem the important stuff.
the mouse sensor is the top of the range avango 9800 sensor found in other high end mice such as the Tt eSports Level 10M or CM Storm Sentinel Advance2 so you can see its aiming pretty high as far as control goes.
this sensor is actually pretty good as far as accurate placement of the cursor on screen and 1s you figure out that the mouse prefers high dpi settings with a slower overall mouse speed you can make this mouse very responsive indeed.
add to that a poll rate from anywhere from 125 to 1000ms and it easily outperforms mice with lesser sensors.

Liftoff the mouse lift off distance is minute. about 1-2mm which means if your a sweeper you can lift the mouse without any fear of your avatar suddenly pointing at the sky or ground in an fps shooter.

acceleration is available and can be turned very high or zero'd personally i like to turn acceleration off as it inhibits accuracy in fps games.

prediction because the mouse has such a high dpi output prediction is near zero the mouse is quite happy to draw straight lines and curves with ease. to much prediction and the mouse will try to draw a straight line when you try to draw a circle. so again a very good sensor and firmware.

*important* you will want to reconfigure the buttons as soon as you load the software... the config the mouse ships with is set to learn macros and this caused me an issue or 2 before i figured out it was a feature i could change.

i was brought to my attention the other day that the logitech g600 uses this sensor and has a mouse sensor skipping issue. after using this mouse for the last 2 weeks i can say this mouse doesn't suffer any of that. as Anker use a different firmware so that is a none issue with this mouse.


pros:
very clean design
accurate 8000dpi is about as good as it gets.
well made (mine took a severe beating in transit, so bad that i thought it would surely be a box of bits but no. the mouse was perfect but Anker will be having words with the guys who delivered it).
feels nice firm in the hand with all the buttons in easy reach. no slipping after a long session with sweating palms.
smooth glides very well on my destructor mat.

cons:
8000 dpi is a good thing. but the 200 stepping isnt... the sensor needs a much smaller stepping so you dont have to use high dpi then turn the mouse speed down... this does work but its a pain having to work out the maths for a dyslexic like me.

to be honest thats my only gripe.

if your a palm mouser then theres a new player in town and they have arrived with a bit of a crash with there new mouse. if it lands somewhere between £40 and £60 give or take then this is a very good option (i hope i can lock down the price sometime this week and get back to you with it) and i have no hesitation in recommending you try it.

anyways thats it. my first review ever!... overall im impressed with it. Ankers first attempt as far as i know at a gaming mouse and they have hit the ground running.


thanks to Anker for sending me a sample, thanks to you for reading...

have a good 1, HEXiT.


good news guys , they got back to me with a price...
For the price, it will be $29.99 on Amazon and $19.99 on sales for Xmas. The Gaming mouse will available on Amazon.co.uk next week.

i gotta say. comparing this to the G400 as far as price to performance and features go. it just blows the G400 out the water... for the money it is in my opinion now the new best budget mouse you can buy... no humming or haring. it really is...

a b 4 Gaming
December 13, 2012 12:51:30 PM

well, I have to say looks like a decent write up, but when did you upgrade to do marketing for companies? :D 
a b 4 Gaming
December 13, 2012 7:13:58 PM

about a month ago mate... i asked if it was ok on the Q&A section and got no reply so i guessed it was ok to do
i put up pix and menues because people would have no refrence to what i was talking about. so if it looks like marketing im sorry i just wanted to get as much info across about it as possible and then give my opinion. the latter being what i was asked to do.
but without any reference its a waste of time so i had to provide that too...
i just hope you guys like the looks of it... im just a bit pissed they havent gotten back to me with a price yet.
Related resources
December 13, 2012 7:20:48 PM

Hi Hexit :) 

Out of interest... two questions...

Which gaming mouse did you use before this one ?

Would you buy the new one knowing what you know now after using it ?

All the best Brett :) 
a b 4 Gaming
December 13, 2012 9:07:12 PM

rat 7 contagion. yes i would consider buying it but as i said i have no idea on price.
if its in the £60-£90 i would say pick something else.
if its £30-£59 then i would say its a good mouse and well worth consideration
if its £20-£40 i would say its probably 1 of the best mice you can buy for the money. in fact there isnt anything currently on the market that could come close for that money.
in comparison to say something like a g400 which is a very good cheap mouse it easily is better.
the high quality of the sensor does put it in a different league to most mice.
but the limited feature set puts it squarely in the middle ground of mice as far as looks goes. so if they price it correctly there is no reason why i wouldnt say pick this mouse over say a razer deathadder, rokkat kone+, logitech G5 or any similar priced mouse. i hope they do price it in the £30-£60 range as it will then be competitive and worthy of my recommendation. (which is after all, what they wanted).
December 13, 2012 10:02:23 PM

HEXiT said:
rat 7 contagion. yes i would consider buying it but as i said i have no idea on price.
if its in the £60-£90 i would say pick something else.
if its £30-£59 then i would say its a good mouse and well worth consideration
if its £20-£40 i would say its probably 1 of the best mice you can buy for the money. in fact there isnt anything currently on the market that could come close for that money.
in comparison to say something like a g400 which is a very good cheap mouse it easily is better.
the high quality of the sensor does put it in a different league to most mice.
but the limited feature set puts it squarely in the middle ground of mice as far as looks goes. so if they price it correctly there is no reason why i wouldnt say pick this mouse over say a razer deathadder, rokkat kone+, logitech G5 or any similar priced mouse. i hope they do price it in the £30-£60 range as it will then be competitive and worthy of my recommendation. (which is after all, what they wanted).



Hi :) 

Interesting...nice too see companies using a REAL gamer, rather than those generic reviewers...

All the best Brett :) 
a b 4 Gaming
December 14, 2012 6:12:45 AM

For the price, it will be $29.99 on Amazon and $19.99 on sales for Xmas. The Gaming mouse will available on Amazon.co.uk next week.

honestly wow... they have just gimme the the price and WOW! i didnt expect this. i though maybe £40-£50 but instead its coming for under $30 likely to be around the same in pounds but still its a bargain that really will break the market for them.
pleasant surprise... ithe g400 was the best mouse on the market but now its just been given a severe beating and rushed to the E.R. really at this price there is nothing out there that gives this much controllability, and configurability for any where near its price. seriously guys if you can get 1 of these mice you wont be disappointed.

i aint saying this because they gave me a free sample to review.
im saying it because in my opinion, it really is now the best you can buy for the money and then some...
a b 4 Gaming
December 15, 2012 1:32:54 AM

oh, hexit, I didn't mean anything bad when I said marketing. The company is doing marketing by asking you do write a public review of a product, nothing wrong with that. You did a good job on it too.

Looking at this right, dang, if I was in the market for a new mouse, I'd buy that in a heart beat. For $20, it's a real steal.
a b 4 Gaming
December 15, 2012 2:18:05 AM

no worries mate i dint take nothing from your comment. you ask, i answer, no harm no foul..
yeah it is a steal, honestly that blew me away when they said under 30... i was expecting at the least 20 more because thats where i thought it fit well.. but at under 30 i recon it is now the mouse to have.
a b 4 Gaming
December 15, 2012 4:39:36 AM

You should post your prediction and acceleration tests (the mspaint images and recording of whichever fps you used to test 360 accel).

I notice some features on the mouse that I like, most notably that the buttons are separated from the top shell. I'd like to see companies go back to doing this, since it was a higher quality form of manufacturing.

Also you should post this same info over on Overclock's mouse forum. They would be interested in it.
a b 4 Gaming
December 15, 2012 11:08:46 AM

dont know what apps you test the prediction and acceleration with. i just went by feel... due to the fact i have been playing cod4 since it came out i know when the mouse im using is working by how my avatar reacts on screen to my movements. acceleration in that game if its on will make you overshoot. or if its negative will limit the speed at which you can track a target left and right... i had this issue with my Lachesis where i would pull up my gun and start tracking an enamy on screen but would be un able to actually catch up with him because of the negative acceleration... with this mouse and my rat i have no such issues. if im tracking i just move the mouse a little faster and it will move quicker on screen, but with negative acceleration no matter how fast you track it will only track upto a limited speed on screen. this is how i knew there was no acceleration issues.

as for the prediction i just got pain out and drew a few diagonals. straight lines and circles. i know another basic test but the lines i drew straight were reasonably so for free hand and the circles were circles or as close as any 1 can get with a free hand circle. the end results of which were smooth arcs with no visible stepping i did both on low, medium and high dpi settings with no issues... but because i knew what i was looking for i didnt need to go posting pic that would look like a childs scribbling. like i said earlier. i was totally surprised by this mouse especially at this price point. @20 bux you can try it yourself and see im not B.S'n it really is IMO the new best budget mouse out. you know me. if i think something is good i will say so, just as i will say something is pants if i think it is. but in this case it really is deserving of my praise for what you get for the money its a stunning little mouse...


December 16, 2012 4:39:55 AM

Any word when OS X drivers will be released?
Will it work at:
8000 DPI,
1000 polling rate,
12000 frame rate,
100-150 inch/s speed,
30g acceleration
on an OS X system?
a b 4 Gaming
December 16, 2012 4:56:44 AM

i have no idea when osx will be officially supported but the mouse is plug and play. there was no driver software only user config software.
i will email them with your request.

December 17, 2012 1:01:32 AM

I always wanted an 8000 DPI mouse, I'll try it and get back to you guys with my experience.
a b 4 Gaming
December 17, 2012 3:59:45 AM

feel free its a worthy contender for best mouse for the money by some distance. and thats no B.S.
a b 4 Gaming
December 17, 2012 5:22:17 AM

Billie_Wilson said:
I always wanted an 8000 DPI mouse, I'll try it and get back to you guys with my experience.


I have to ask... why?
December 17, 2012 6:51:31 PM

I must say, this review has helped me a ton. I was half-debating buying a new mouse to go with my new build but I didn't feel like shelling out $50 for a mouse.. so I was just going to settle for the generic cheap one I already have. This has changed my view completely, and I will probably be purchasing one of these shortly.

Just wanted to say thanks HEXiT.
December 18, 2012 12:08:59 AM

Hi :) 

Just gone back up to $29.99 on Amazon.com ... still not available in UK :( 

All the best Brett :) 
December 18, 2012 2:23:48 AM

casualcolors said:
I have to ask... why?


I've heard that there would be some 8000(or even higher) DPI gaming mouse at the beginning of this year due to the new IC released, though I was just being expecting to possess one rather than to master it. Finally...

And I've noticed the price was raised, glad I've ordered at $19.99 :) 
a b 4 Gaming
December 18, 2012 3:12:43 AM

still at 30 bux its worth it... its not like your gonna get much better for that money...
a b 4 Gaming
December 18, 2012 6:22:48 AM

Billie_Wilson said:
I've heard that there would be some 8000(or even higher) DPI gaming mouse at the beginning of this year due to the new IC released, though I was just being expecting to possess one rather than to master it. Finally...

And I've noticed the price was raised, glad I've ordered at $19.99 :) 


But my question is still why? I'm just confused as to what 8000 dpi achieves on any mouse. It doesn't fix prediction because that is not how prediction is created (prediction is more closely tied to report rate and firmware), and it's certainly not usable at 8000. I don't think there is a screen array that anyone on this site could possibly have where 8000 dpi wouldn't be extreme overkill. Even if you had 3 extreme resolution monitors aligned in an eyefinity array, 8000 dpi is too much sensitivity for the vertical space on any one of those screens. So I'm not mocking you, but I'm curious to your exact reason for wanting to use an 8000 dpi mouse for the sake of my own understanding.
a b 4 Gaming
December 19, 2012 6:09:04 AM

bvna4g said:
Any word when OS X drivers will be released?
Will it work at:
8000 DPI,
1000 polling rate,
12000 frame rate,
100-150 inch/s speed,
30g acceleration
on an OS X system?


Quote:
Just heard from our product manager that we are planning to release the mac software, the time will be in March next year.
Thank you for your support.

is the reply i just got back..
December 19, 2012 8:26:12 AM

casualcolors said:
But my question is still why? I'm just confused as to what 8000 dpi achieves on any mouse. It doesn't fix prediction because that is not how prediction is created (prediction is more closely tied to report rate and firmware), and it's certainly not usable at 8000. I don't think there is a screen array that anyone on this site could possibly have where 8000 dpi wouldn't be extreme overkill. Even if you had 3 extreme resolution monitors aligned in an eyefinity array, 8000 dpi is too much sensitivity for the vertical space on any one of those screens. So I'm not mocking you, but I'm curious to your exact reason for wanting to use an 8000 dpi mouse for the sake of my own understanding.


You really got me, man. I simply like it with high DPI! 8000 DPI sounds cool, isn't it? I know that most of the players think 8000 DPI is totally unnessesary, I would say, why not? Using an 8000 DPI mouse will be extremely cool, and since DPI setting is separate from the movement speed, I'll stick to it with 8000 DPI till Razer releases its Ouroboros with even higher DPI, if the price is reasonable. Pretty sorry that I didn't manage to post a review on this product :( 
a b 4 Gaming
December 19, 2012 9:17:20 AM

Billie_Wilson said:
You really got me, man. I simply like it with high DPI! 8000 DPI sounds cool, isn't it? I know that most of the players think 8000 DPI is totally unnessesary, I would say, why not? Using an 8000 DPI mouse will be extremely cool, and since DPI setting is separate from the movement speed, I'll stick to it with 8000 DPI till Razer releases its Ouroboros with even higher DPI, if the price is reasonable. Pretty sorry that I didn't manage to post a review on this product :( 


Well, my only reason to the "why not" is that mice which achieve 8000dpi at this point are by default laser mice, which lends them to certain inherent acceleration issues that often cannot be rendered completely neutral even through aggressive software. Otherwise, I agree with you why not but I also have to wonder why it's become a marketable feature, when it's well over the threshold of usability and particularly why gamers continue to allow it to be a marketable feature. If gamers stopped buying things with useless features, there is the slim chance that companies might abandon wasted development time creating these features, and perhaps work on more pertinent features. It's sad that as we head into 2013, there is only one sensor on the market that can claim to actually have zero native flaws (and it only appears in a couple of mice on top of that).
a b 4 Gaming
December 19, 2012 1:48:39 PM

so the conclusion is, you need 8k dpi because it's "cool." Heh, not the reason I was hoping to hear.

casualcolors, if you don't mind me asking which sensor are you referring to?
a b 4 Gaming
December 19, 2012 2:18:47 PM

AntiZig said:
so the conclusion is, you need 8k dpi because it's "cool." Heh, not the reason I was hoping to hear.

casualcolors, if you don't mind me asking which sensor are you referring to?


S3095 SROM v2
a b 4 Gaming
December 19, 2012 3:55:26 PM

the 1 from the g400? its ok but not that great... it has severe prediction no where near as good as the sensor in the anker. you really do need to look up how prediction is used. higher dpi means smaller spaces between the read points and its between the read points that prediction is made. so with a combo of high dpi and high poll rate prediction is minimized. like i said in the review its not even noticeable.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1054231/my-logitech-g400-rev...
you can see here the prdiction is quite bad on the g400. although some dont care about it as it helps you track straight in fps games. whats poor about the g400 is its purely down to the software to limit the prediction not the quality of the sensor.
sorry cas i think your mistaken on this 1. avango offer much better sensors than the s3095
http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-sensor-list/52... some software based testing. at higher dpi the mouse sufferes negative acceleration and the fact that the dpi is interpolated really doesnt work in its favor... still its a great mouse for a good price. but the anker is better.
a b 4 Gaming
December 19, 2012 3:56:06 PM

HEXiT said:
the 1 from the g400? its ok but not that great... it has severe prediction no where near as good as the sensor in the anker. you really do need to look up how prediction is used. higher dpi means smaller spaces between the read points and its between the read points that prediction is made. so with a combo of high dpi and high poll rate prediction is minimized. like i said in the review its no where near as bad as the g400.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1054231/my-logitech-g400-rev...
you can see here the prdiction is quite bad on the g400. although some dont care about it as it helps you track straight in fps games. whats poor about the g400 is its purely down to the software to limit the prediction not the quality of the sensor.
sorry cas i think your mistaken on this 1. avango offer much better sensors than the s3095
http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-sensor-list/52... some software based testing. at higher dpi the mouse sufferes negative acceleration and the fact that the dpi is interpolated really doesnt work in its favor... still its a great mouse for a good price. but the anker is better.


SROM v2 has zero prediction. Those prediction tests are from the outdated G400's that were phased out midway through 2012. You're right though that the *old* G400's with SROM v1 had serious prediction. Like way bad.

On a side note, I do like other sensors from Avago but every other zero prediction/zero accel sensor from them has the potential to produce jitters on certain surfaces. The new G400 is the only implementation of a zero accel/zero prediction avago sensor that currently works universally.
a b 4 Gaming
December 19, 2012 3:59:06 PM

look further down he got the mouse that had the prediction free and this cause the negative acceleration.
Quote:

So Today I've received G400 prediction free sample.

I have read on logitech forums one of representative comments.
According to him G400 sensor Avago ADNS-S3095 has two native dpi resolutions 800 and 3600, the rest is interpolated.

I've tested both and it seems that 3600 dpi is no good on any surfaces. As soon as 2m/s speed is hit the mouse suffer negative acceleration.
On 800 dpi setting it tracks flawless even with 4m/s, but notice that glass pad produce some minor inconsistencies.

i know you love the g400 for its great performance at the price but there are limits to what il accept for the money. and now its getting out performed by a better mouse.
the fact is the anker can select its dpi in steps of 200 as well as being interpolated by the speed slider so by its very definition the sensor is more precise with less a chance of prediction being a factor.
logitech fixed the prediction issue with programming but the fact is its still a mouse with heavy prediction regardless of what the hype says.

a b 4 Gaming
December 19, 2012 4:05:51 PM

HEXiT said:
look further down he got the mouse that had the prediction fix and this cause the negative acceleration.
Quote:

So Today I've received G400 prediction free sample.

I have read on logitech forums one of representative comments.
According to him G400 sensor Avago ADNS-S3095 has two native dpi resolutions 800 and 3600, the rest is interpolated.

I've tested both and it seems that 3600 dpi is no good on any surfaces. As soon as 2m/s speed is hit the mouse suffer negative acceleration.
On 800 dpi setting it tracks flawless even with 4m/s, but notice that glass pad produce some minor inconsistencies.


I'll look into it further. So far that's the first report of negative accel that I've seen on that sensor, but that would go to sort of prove my point further. If that sensor also now has a testable defect, then there are no flawless zero accel/zero prediction sensors on the market, which draws the wasted research into higher DPI's into rather stark relief, wouldn't you say? What is the point of continuing to increase DPI to the point where no one can actually use the newly advertised speeds, when we don't even have a sensor on the market that is capable of basic, proper operation?
a b 4 Gaming
December 19, 2012 4:10:39 PM

HEXiT said:
look further down he got the mouse that had the prediction free and this cause the negative acceleration.
Quote:

So Today I've received G400 prediction free sample.

I have read on logitech forums one of representative comments.
According to him G400 sensor Avago ADNS-S3095 has two native dpi resolutions 800 and 3600, the rest is interpolated.

I've tested both and it seems that 3600 dpi is no good on any surfaces. As soon as 2m/s speed is hit the mouse suffer negative acceleration.
On 800 dpi setting it tracks flawless even with 4m/s, but notice that glass pad produce some minor inconsistencies.

i know you love the g400 for its great performance at the price but there are limits to what il accept for the money. and now its getting out performed by a better mouse.
the fact is the anker can select its dpi in steps of 200 as well as being interpolated by the speed slider so by its very definition the sensor is more precise with less a chance of prediction being a factor.
logitech fixed the prediction issue with programming but the fact is its still a mouse with heavy prediction regardless of what the hype says.


No, it's not a mouse with heavy prediction. It's apparently now a mouse with negative acceleration at 3600 cpi. Negative acceleration is different than prediction. You're transposing the terms you mean to use, I think.
a b 4 Gaming
December 19, 2012 4:23:56 PM

i know there isnt a sensor on the market thats flawless. thats why some are better than others. the g400 is a good mouse for the money but there are better out there that use better sensors is what im getting at. and just because a mouse has 8000dpi doesnt mean it will be automatically better or worse than the g400's...
thats the point of testing... as for the research im not exactly sure what research your refering to so i cant comment. all i can do is comment on my experiance. not on something i have read.
in this case i have no issues with the ankers 8000dpi sensor other than it doesnt step to the rate i would like. other than that it has limited prediction and very good acceleration management.
not being funny here guy but i did test it myself, and as far as i know you havent... so i can fairly compare the 2. while all you can do is speculate.
a b 4 Gaming
December 19, 2012 4:35:08 PM

HEXiT said:
i know there isnt a sensor on the market thats flawless.


That was the point of my question. Why continue to develop these higher and higher dpi mice when no one can use sensitivities that high, and there isn't a sensor on the market that does all of the basics correctly?

I'm not stepping on this mouse that you're backing, I'm asking a relatively unrelated question, directed at someone else entirely. Relax.
a b 4 Gaming
December 20, 2012 9:20:20 AM

thing is. your sensor may be 8000dpi and may travel directly in relation to each pixel on the screen. but when you halve the mouse speed your introducing something called interpolation you effectively halve the dpi you have. so a mouse that can only manage 200dpi steps can manage 3200/1800 because it cant manage directly 1600/900 you then halve the mouse speed and you have an effective dpi of 1600/900 and an effective screen ratio of 16/9 you can work out 16/10 screen ratios as well.

take the mouse up to 6400/3600 and quarter the mouse speed you still get an effective 1600/900 but you halve the prediction as prediction as far as i know is based on dpi to poll rate not mouse speed. this in itself can make a poor sensor give up and start showing signs of acceleration while at the same time make the mouse pointer jittery. but because this 1 has a higher still rated sensor it doesn't become jittery and i haven't noticed any negative or positive acceleration. so even though you may be resistant about higher and higher dpi. there is a reason for it. but as you can see its quite difficult to explain and more so to the leyman.

the above is just my idea of why they are going higher and higher and may just be a product of my dyslexia but i have experimented with it on this and other mice (rat 7 and lachesis) and it does seem to work (to a point with both of them mice) and up to to 6400 with this 1.
i may not have the formal education of some on here but i also see things differently. i may not be able to get my ideas across in words properly due to my dyslexia but it doesn't mean there incorrect. there just different. i know most people i have explained this to suddenly go AH! rite, and still have a blank look on there face but i found it to work on the mice i tried it on, and i assume, its the reason behind such high dpi sensors. to give more lea way with the interpolation maths.
a b 4 Gaming
December 20, 2012 10:10:56 AM

HEXiT said:
thing is. your sensor may be 8000dpi and may travel directly in relation to each pixel on the screen. but when you halve the mouse speed your introducing something called interpolation you effectively halve the dpi you have. so a mouse that can only manage 200dpi steps can manage 3200/1800 because it cant manage directly 1600/900 you then halve the mouse speed and you have an effective dpi of 1600/900 and an effective screen ratio of 16/9 you can work out 16/10 screen ratios as well.

take the mouse up to 6400/3600 and quarter the mouse speed you still get an effective 1600/900 but you halve the prediction as prediction as far as i know is based on dpi to poll rate not mouse speed. this in itself can make a poor sensor give up and start showing signs of acceleration while at the same time make the mouse pointer jittery. but because this 1 has a higher still rated sensor it doesn't become jittery and i haven't noticed any negative or positive acceleration. so even though you may be resistant about higher and higher dpi. there is a reason for it. but as you can see its quite difficult to explain and more so to the leyman.

the above is just my idea of why they are going higher and higher and may just be a product of my dyslexia but i have experimented with it on this and other mice (rat 7 and lachesis) and it does seem to work (to a point with both of them mice) and up to to 6400 with this 1.
i may not have the formal education of some on here but i also see things differently. i may not be able to get my ideas across in words properly due to my dyslexia but it doesn't mean there incorrect. there just different. i know most people i have explained this to suddenly go AH! rite, and still have a blank look on there face but i found it to work on the mice i tried it on, and i assume, its the reason behind such high dpi sensors. to give more lea way with the interpolation maths.


This is a pretty interesting idea, but so far I'm not seeing any real-world improvement in terms of jitter, acceleration and negative accel, and so on. Every new generation of mice that release seem to have varying degrees of all of the above problems sadly, without much change. I'd like to see some tangible results for a change.
a b 4 Gaming
December 20, 2012 9:45:17 PM

all i can say is try it yourself. if you dont like it give it to some1 who will.
i ran some tests on it today.
setting the dpi to 3200/1800first, then 6400/3600 and then 8000/4600 then i reduced the speed by half then half again and half again and each time became more convinced that its a good sensor the prediction became less and less apparent as the higher i got, and if there was any acceleration it also lessened i really couldnt tell if there was any 1s i set it to off anyway. but as you know its never really off and although 8000/4600 isnt quite a 16-9 ratio the mouse still performed. so well i even used the pencil in paint where i would normally just use a brush with aa enabled. to do the checks the higher i went the smoother the curves got.
simple tests like draw a line, draw a box draw a circel and then draw a 4 pixel circle all were grade A passes...
seriously the only thing this mouse hasnt got is gaming rep and to be honest that is gonna come and come soon. it really does deserve every accolade its getting. its passed every test i have throw at it with an A+ and its low price is more a reflection on anker being new to the gaming scene and no reflection of the performance of the mouse... seriously cas this mouse is as good as any current best seller and better than some.
so please i know you want to find fault but really this is as good as it gets with current hardware. it may not have the bells and whistles of some mice that use the same sensor but it easily matches them in performance control and well worth the 30 bux there asking for it... i really cant stress how good it is. for the money its a steal.
i havent even mentioned it programmability, things like on the fly macro creation and such are just a bonus the more i use it the more impressed i am by it and im not just saying this because they gave me 1 to try im saying it because i really am that impressed as i think you would be 2... so mate lets just end this here. if you can get your hands on 1 then give it the time it deserves and im sure you will be pleasantly surprised as i was. its not often a newcomer can impress me but anker have...


p.s i feel i have gotta say thanx to you cas. you have really helped me express my opinions and thoughts on this mouse. if you hadnt of opend up the debate the way you did a lot of information would have went unsaid. thanx you have helped make this review interesting as well as informative..


a b 4 Gaming
December 20, 2012 9:49:58 PM

HEXiT said:
all i can say is try it yourself. if you dont like it give it to some1 who will.


Ah, I'm pretty content with my current mouse. Fortunately the mousepad that I like to use doesn't produce any jitter in the sensor which has been its one fault on some surfaces. I'm more speaking in general about the peripheral industry as a whole. I can tell you the biggest feature that impresses me with the Anker from looking at it, is that the LMB and RMB are separated from the topshell. I think that is a far superior way of building mice, and I wish everyone would universally go back to doing it.
December 26, 2012 6:41:13 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Damn its not available at UK Amazon :( 

All the best Brett :) 



i just find it on amazon.co.uk. It's available now.
Merry Christmas!
a b 4 Gaming
December 26, 2012 12:21:02 PM

thanx for the update.
December 26, 2012 12:24:54 PM

yolandayang said:
i just find it on amazon.co.uk. It's available now.
Merry Christmas!



Hi :) 

Yayyyyy,,, just ordered at £19.99 ...

Thank you very much :)  :)  :) 

All the best Brett :) 
January 7, 2014 11:18:30 AM

Thinking of buying this mouse, but wanted to ask if it's still working as it was on day after a full year? Are the buttons still working, the sensitivity etc. ? Thanks
April 15, 2014 4:35:55 AM

I am also very much interested in how this mouse is considered after continuous use over time.
Please respond.

Plus, it came to my attention, by random - after buying this! grr - that there is a TechNet x9800, which is basically this very mouse - but considerably cheaper! wtf!
So.. if anyone has a comparison between the two, that would be GRAND.
Thanks
May 14, 2014 8:44:54 AM

I bought this mouse on amazon, about 4 months ago. I have to say the response and the feel of it is really great. Only problem I have is with the middle mouse button. It sometimes registers a double click instead of a single click. I don't know if it's a known issue with this mouse, but it gets a bit annoying. Might be that I got unlucky with the single mouse I picked up, but it is a great purchase for the price, and the warranty should allow you to get a new one if this issue occurs.
May 17, 2014 2:51:44 AM

I notice some features on the mouse that I like, most notably that the buttons are separated from the top shell. I'd like to see companies go back to doing this, since it was a higher quality form of manufacturing.
Cool Games for Girls
!