wigwam

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
Hi i have the enermax 3051 case .
currently have a fan in the side window
there is also space for 2 more rear fans [80mm], 1 front fan [80 or 120mm] and a top fan under the vent-grill [80mm].

after some advice from the forum i switche the side fan from default "blow" to "suck" and the case temp dropped by 10C!

i have a couple more 80mm fans on the way. i was planning to make 1 a rear exhaust but should i put the other at the front for inflow or at the top to exhaust as well?

thanks

svol

Champion
If your HDs are in the bottom you might want to place it in the front to cool your HDs at the same time.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Traditionally fans are set to suck in the front, blow out the back. And that works well for me.

My case is like yours, flashy with room for lots of fans :smile:
2 rear, 1 top, 1 side and 2 front.
out of the possible total of 6 fans ive only got installed 3, 2 rear and 1 top fan, all of them blowing air out the case.
And just these three keep the insides nice and cool.
Air can get in pretty easily, negating the need for fans to suck in. (i can feel the draw when i put my hand over the front or side fanholes.)

Course you might find something else works better. do some experimenting.

<b>My CPU is so powerful its faster than Melb_Angel's Laptop!</b> :eek: <i>(Plus it's not pink)</i>

robertk

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2003
2 fans as exhaust at the back blowing out for optimal system wide cooling, but if your hard drives get a little toasty when they are spinning but one at the front blowing in.
As long as there are more fans blowing out than in.

If you gotta go, go with a smile/y.

wigwam

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
okay but then of the following 2 arrangement which would be better and why:
#1 rear out, side in , top out [side fan is opposite m/b heatsink and the cpu hsf and so i figure would blow cooler air over them]

#2 rear out, side out, front in [to maintain airflow from front to rear of case, advantage of cooling hdd which is low down too]

i know the easiest thing is just mess about and experiment but i appreciate this input from "been there, done it, knwo what i am doing" bods like yourselves!