So I'm looking at this 1700+...

heylookitsjerry

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2002
I'm looking at this 1700+ and I want to know if it's the model that does all the monsterous overclocking i've read about. I just need help confirming or correcting information about model numbers, etc. to determine what type of thoroughbred it is. This is currently what I THINK i know:

Thoroughbred B : AXDA1700DLT3C or AXDA1700DUT3C (Which one is better?) /w JIUHB

Thoroughbred A: ????

Anyone know of any guides that explain the whole 1700+ game? Or, have pictures of each type in which i can compare so i dont end up buying the wrong part? I'm a cheap college student needing a cheap, but effective upgrade of processor.

I really appreciate all the help.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The "JIUHB" is the key. The "J" was for the lowend Tbreds (slower than XP2100+) and the "B" at the end tells you its a Tbred B.

The Tbred A's had an identifier like "AIUGA" (Sorry, can't remember a genuine code) but the "A" at the end means Tbred A.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>

lucasc

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
if that AXDALT3C is a jiuhb then that's the better chip. the "L" would mean it's a B core with a default voltage of 1.5. The other chip you list with DUT3C has a default voltage of 1.6. lower voltage is best especially with overclocking...
all of the 1700+ t-bred A chips had a DLT3C label, though, so make sure it isn't just an A core.

"It's my sexy zoo and I can do whatever I want with it." - Frank O'Hara