XP 2200 max OC?

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
I have noticed that this particular cpu does not have good OC potential but need to know its max and its settings using pc 2100 ram. How much more voltage can this chip take on a Volcano 9 cooler? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.....

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
from what u have said of ur CPU not having a good OC potential, i believe urs is a Palamino core CPU. with that core u wont get much of a overclock. The second problem is that u r using PC2100 RAM. this will be a serious limiting factor too.

U wud have to do the mod (as explained in the 2nd THG Video) or get that stuff from Upgradeware...to unlock the multipliers. But even then with that CPU and 2100RAM, there's not much OC potential (which u already know :wink: )

<b>thinking of a good sig. till then...</b>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
It is a t-bred chip for the L1 bridges are not severed and can openly change the clock speed and multiplier, just not getting good enough out of this chip. I have tried lowering the clock speed down which I was able then to achive higher multiplier but nothing higher than 2gig. Just sucks when you have the lower the clock speeds.

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
hmm. so i believe thats the max u cud get out of ur CPU. i have 2 CPUs, 1800+ t-bred A and 1700+ t-bred B.

With the 1800+ i had done the mod by joiniung all the L1 bridges, thus unlocking all the multipliers. But what ever i did, i cudnt go more than 1860MHz. that was the physical limit of that CPU.

THe 1700+ is a different story. It came with the lower multipliers unlocked and is a gr8 overclocker. i cud easily reach 2000MHz (from 1467MHz) without increasing the Vcore. THe max i cud reach with this chip is 2160MHz at 1.9V Vcore for a stable system under WIN 98SE. Now i am happily running it at 2000MHz(2500+).

<b>thinking of a good sig. till then...</b>

svol

Champion
There are two different T-bred XP2200+ cores (there doesn't exist a Palomino XP2200+): the T-bredA and B.
The A is an awfull OC'er and you wont be able to reach more then 1.9 GHz with it and even that is hard to reach.
The B is an awsome overclocker and can often be OC'ed towards 2.3 GHz without any problem.

You can find out which one you have by downloading WCPUID or CPU-Z and looking which Model number your CPU has: 7 is T-bredA and 8 T-bredB.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek: