Solved

DUKE 3D

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • 3D
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
December 13, 2012 6:03:10 PM

Has anyone tried the Duke give away? Have they done anything to make it windows friendly? I've got the original and 4 or 5 copies of it when "PC Gamer" was giving it out a while back, but the amount of hassle just to get it running and looking halfway good on anything more up to date than a 'Speak & Spell' just wasn't worth it!

More about : duke

Best solution

December 13, 2012 8:07:56 PM

The one on GOG? I downloaded it. It's quite simple to get it running. You get an installer which will make an entry in your start menu.

If you want more modern graphics, you can download the fan-made high resolution pack here: http://hrp.duke4.net/download.php
To get that working, you need to install the file from GOG, run the file from the link above, then copy your 'duke3d.grp' file from the GOG install directory into the folder that the high resolution pack file created. You will need to launch the game from the .exe in the high resolution pack in order to see the improvements.
December 13, 2012 8:10:19 PM

Best answer selected by tinyE.
m
l
December 13, 2012 8:11:21 PM

jakjawagon said:
The one on GOG? I downloaded it. It's quite simple to get it running. You get an installer which will make an entry in your start menu.

If you want more modern graphics, you can download the fan-made high resolution pack here: http://hrp.duke4.net/download.php
To get that working, you need to install the file from GOG, run the file from the link above, then copy your 'duke3d.grp' file from the GOG install directory into the folder that the high resolution pack file created. You will need to launch the game from the .exe in the high resolution pack in order to see the improvements.

If this doesn't work I'm coming back and taking that BA back!

Just kidding :kaola: 
m
l
December 13, 2012 8:13:15 PM

tinyE said:
If this doesn't work I'm coming back and taking that BA back!

Just kidding :kaola: 

You cant take that back even if you want to .. :p 
m
l
!