Overclocking a 2100+ on kt266A

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
Can I overclock my 2100+. I have a kt266a dragon+ with 512MB of pc3000 Kinston ram. I tried overclocking the FSB from 133 to 140. The system booted at 2200+. Seemed to run well but the system rebooted itself after running sandra burn in wizard 5 or 6 times through. I am thinking of trying the multiplier unlock if it will work on this CPU. The thing is my MB is not suposed to suport anything over 2100+. Will changing the multiplier work? Does anyone have any experience with this CPU on this type of sytem? Is the 2100+ very over clockable?

Thanks
Siranthony

svol

Champion
Well if you got the Palomino XP2100+ you probably wont get it very high. But if your motherboard doesn't support higher multipliers inside the BIOS (iaw you can't select them) it doesn't necessary mean the mobo can't run that CPU. What you need to do is to force a jumper by placing some wires in specific pins of the socket.

But I'm starting to think that your CPU is already running near its edge at defult because 140 MHz shouldn't be a real problem for your chipset to run with that kind of memory. Did you try increasing the VCore of the CPU slightly... maybe that allows some more FSB overclocking.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
I have a 2000 and eventhough it is set to run at 2200 speeds through the wire trick I can still only overclock my fsb to 138. My memory inhibits my system and eventhoug my processor will support speeds of up to 144-148 it is impossible for me to sun those speeds and yet retain a stable system. So, eventhough, overclocking the fsb is very important sometimes it's just impossible...

Bush+Blaire=Nazi Warcrminals

svol

Champion
Here you go: <A HREF="http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html" target="_new">http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html</A>

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
Hey,
I increased the volage by .025 . Now my system is stable at 140 fsb. I post at 2200+. Thats probobly all I'm going to get out of this CPU.

Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by siranthony on 07/16/03 04:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>