Fallout 3 v.s. New Vegas?

Frock

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Hey guys, I'm getting a new gaming PC soon and I have $30 in my Steam wallet. I really want to get into Fallout and my question is: Fallout 3 or New Vegas? I will be getting the GOTY edition of either game, so DLC quality is a consideration. Any help will be appreciated. :)

Solution
They are both fantastic games to be honest, I'm partial to fallout new vegas because i live in nevada so it's cool running around and exploring.

If you want bang for yor buck i would say pick up the ultimate version of Fallout New Vegas and start tearing it up, both games have seperate storylines so it's not a correlation from one game to the next.

Gameplay mechanics are smoother in new vegas as well in my opinion and if you like to gamble a little bit they have that as a side game. :)

Serthy

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
They are both fantastic games to be honest, I'm partial to fallout new vegas because i live in nevada so it's cool running around and exploring.

If you want bang for yor buck i would say pick up the ultimate version of Fallout New Vegas and start tearing it up, both games have seperate storylines so it's not a correlation from one game to the next.

Gameplay mechanics are smoother in new vegas as well in my opinion and if you like to gamble a little bit they have that as a side game. :)

Solution