Sign in with
Your question
Solved

F.3.A.R. DirectX 9

Last response: in Video Games
December 14, 2012 7:03:36 PM

My computer can only handle this game when I play it in directx 10. When I play it in directx 9 mode, it lags SO badly! It's the other way around for every other game (which makes sense), so why doesn't f.3.a.r. play better in directx9 mode?

More about : directx

December 14, 2012 10:49:17 PM

Please list your entire system specs such as CPU, Motherboard, PSU, GPU, RAM, ect. One you do, I'll get back to you as soon as I can because F.E.A.R. is my favorite game series and I can max that game out easily on a DirectX 11 GPU. I'll check with the DirectX 9 cards because depending on what you have, it may not run so well depending on the GPU and everything. Happy Gaming! =D
m
l
December 17, 2012 11:04:43 PM

Adsuki said:
Please list your entire system specs such as CPU, Motherboard, PSU, GPU, RAM, ect. One you do, I'll get back to you as soon as I can because F.E.A.R. is my favorite game series and I can max that game out easily on a DirectX 11 GPU. I'll check with the DirectX 9 cards because depending on what you have, it may not run so well depending on the GPU and everything. Happy Gaming! =D

Intel Core i3 370m
Intel HD Graphics
6Gb Ram
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

December 18, 2012 1:35:20 AM

From what I can tell, you must be playing the game from a laptop and it seems DirectX 9 is broken for a lot of people. Yes, it should be the other way around but it could also be a poor optimized console port which I believe uses DirectX 9. DirectX 10 and 11 seems to be the only way to go. And since your running it on a laptop, Intel HD Graphics is a intergrated GPU, not a real one in desktops such as my HD 6670 from ASUS so it can only do so much but if it works for you in DirectX 10 then that's probably the way to go. Hope this helps and happy F.3.A.R.! =)
December 24, 2012 10:48:27 PM

Best answer selected by exciter.
m
l
December 24, 2012 10:48:30 PM

Adsuki said:
From what I can tell, you must be playing the game from a laptop and it seems DirectX 9 is broken for a lot of people. Yes, it should be the other way around but it could also be a poor optimized console port which I believe uses DirectX 9. DirectX 10 and 11 seems to be the only way to go. And since your running it on a laptop, Intel HD Graphics is a intergrated GPU, not a real one in desktops such as my HD 6670 from ASUS so it can only do so much but if it works for you in DirectX 10 then that's probably the way to go. Hope this helps and happy F.3.A.R.! =)

That confirms my suspicions. Thanks!
m
l
!