Upgrading from Norton Internet Security 2002 to 2004. Wort..

Last response: in Networking
May 26, 2004 5:26:18 PM

I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I am currently running Norton Internet Security 2002 including NAV but
the subscription is about to run out. I have been thinking about
upgrading to 2004 instead of renewing my subscription for 2002 but I
read a lot of bad things about the 2004 version.

Is it worth it to upgrade to 2004? Does the new software offer better
protection without sacrificing computer speed. Or is it better to keep
the 2002 and just keep getting live updates for new viruses.

What do you think.

I appreciate your advice in advance.

Peter
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 9:19:54 PM

Peter Zima wrote:

> I was wondering if I could get some advice.
>
> I am currently running Norton Internet Security 2002 including NAV but
> the subscription is about to run out. I have been thinking about
> upgrading to 2004 instead of renewing my subscription for 2002 but I
> read a lot of bad things about the 2004 version.
>
> Is it worth it to upgrade to 2004? Does the new software offer better
> protection without sacrificing computer speed. Or is it better to keep
> the 2002 and just keep getting live updates for new viruses.
>
> What do you think.
>
> I appreciate your advice in advance.
>
> Peter

my advice, just buy the latest NAV, ditch Norton Internet Security
altogether and get a get a hardware firewall (sonicwall, watchguard of
cisco PIX) - better speed and better protection. Do not get a linsys,
d-link or netgear firewall. Also stay away from the symantec low end (ie
200 and 300 series) firewalls. They are BAD.
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 1:31:48 AM

On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:19:54 -0400, Sean Weintz <strap@hanh-ct.org>
wrote:

>my advice, just buy the latest NAV, ditch Norton Internet Security
>altogether and get a get a hardware firewall (sonicwall, watchguard of
>cisco PIX) - better speed and better protection. Do not get a linsys,
>d-link or netgear firewall. Also stay away from the symantec low end (ie
>200 and 300 series) firewalls. They are BAD.

I'd like to add the ZyXEL ZyWALL series of ICSA-certified firewalls to
your list. I sell them and my customers are very happy with them.
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 12:55:57 PM

Unfortunately, I use my laptop at work and on travel so a hardware
firewall is not an option. Is Norton Firewall 2004 that much better or
at all better than 2002. Or are there better options?
!