XP2100+ Palmino core

Vin

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003
Hi

I was sold what I believed and as the ad stated from a very well knows UK e-seller a Thoroughbred XP2100+ about 10 mths ago. Now started thinking about overclocking it, and CPU ID in 3dMark2001SE is telling me it is CPU ID 6 - Palmino core basically!!

From what I understand there is no point oc'ing the palmino as you wont get any extra worth it out of it!?!

Can anyone shed any light on this.

The e-seller should be up for trades description act as far as I am concerned.

I am awaiting their response on an e-note.

Vin

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003
BONUS!!

If you are in the UK, go buy the magazine PC Extreme.

The July edition contains a full guide with pictures and an explanation of each stage of unlocking a palomino cored cpu.

Top stuff, looks fairly simple.....

NVidia "The way it is meant to be played"

ATI "The way it is actually played"

Nights_L

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2003
oh geez..if you KNOW Thoroghbred at the time you bought it, why don't you check it when you have it?
I didn't know anything about AMD's XP cpu when I bought my XP2000+, that's why I got a Palomino core, otherwise I would buy a T-bred Core..but anyway..it's too late to say it :tongue:
btw, I guess you could still try OC it..but I'm not sure you can go too far, since XP2100+ is already the Top of the palominos..

svol

Champion
You're sure that 6 is the model number and not the CPU Family number? Try WCPUID and see what that gives you.

But you should've recognized it much earlier... they look other then the Palomino (they're rectangular and not square) and they use a lower (1.6-1.65V) VCore.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:

Vin

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003
Ok WPCUID reads the following......

6 6 3 (Standard)
Family
7 6 2 (Extended)

Exactly what does this mean pls? What core do I have going from that?

Thx

NVidia "The way it is meant to be played"

ATI "The way it is actually played"

svol

Champion
The second 6 is the model number (hence why it is displayed after 'model')... so you got yourselve a Palomino.

In other words they tricked you... contact them.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek: