Skyrim save transfer help?

nebulashadow

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
I had played Skyrim on Xbox 360 for about 200 hours or so, to get where I am on it. I never play xbox anymore, and saw an article on the internet that said when Skyrim launched you could transfer the saves between the consoles, by using a program called Mobio, and changing the type of save file you had. I did that, and put the save in the correct format, but on PC it says it cannot load the save file because it is version 0, and the current version is 9. Is there any way to trick the game into thinking I have a version 9 save, or actually change it to the correct version? I know this is generally a bad idea, but there were many forums saying at launch that it was possible. Thanks to any and all help.

Solution
Are both versions of the game that you are using patched to the same level ? -- IF not try patching them both to the most recent version (from the error it sounds like your XBOX is updated to a more recent patch version than your PC version thus the save file can not load - so patching the PC version to the latest patch should fix it. (ie saves made with a newer version of the game can not load into an older version because of changes made during the update might cause them to not work properly -- but saves made from an older version should load fine on an updated game.)

Are both versions of the game that you are using patched to the same level ? -- IF not try patching them both to the most recent version (from the error it sounds like your XBOX is updated to a more recent patch version than your PC version thus the save file can not load - so patching the PC version to the latest patch should fix it. (ie saves made with a newer version of the game can not load into an older version because of changes made during the update might cause them to not work properly -- but saves made from an older version should load fine on an updated game.)

Solution

nebulashadow

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

Hey. I know this was months ago, but I just wanted to shout out and say thank you. Updating both games to the newest version let me play my xbox save on my pc, with not only this game, but Fallout 3 as well. I will try this with DR2 soon, and hopefully the rest of my games as well. Thanks a ton!