Gigabyte 8knxp over clocking features?

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
In Toms review of 876/865 MB/s he pointed out that the ABIT boards have the ability to lock the AGP/PCI busses. Allowing better over clocking. Is this feature only available in ABIT boards? I have narrowed my search to the GA-8PENXP. Does it have the PCI/AGP lock? Anyone have this board or the 8KNXP?

inferno__gr

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2003
I have the 8KNXP and the agp/pci lock is NOT working, funny you post this question cause i am digging all online world to find why the gigabyte flagship with all those overclocking features has a setting in the bios to lock the agp/pci frequency but it DOESNT work.
With 133 fsb cpu the board maxes at 160 fsb where the agp is 83Mhz and with 200Mhz cpu it maxes at 250 where agp is again 83Mhz.above those points it crashes and all the crashes are agp graphics or pci sound related.Cooling the cpu (water cooler and phase change) doesnt work neither more voltage and rams are not the fault , the easytune software from gigabyte (it is software that can alter the fsb and all the frequency settings from inside windows) reports that agp/pci is not locked no matter if i lock it in the bios or not.And easytune fails to set the agp/pci to anything esle also.
I tested some other models from gigabyte (845PE and sis648FX)and those work fine.
I do not know if all the 8KNXP have this problem or just a few
MAYBE TOMSHARDWARE NEED TO TEST THIS ISSUE.

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
I'm glad you replied. I D/L the 8KNXP manual and saw the PCI/AGP lock feature and had setled on getting the 8KNXP as the 8PENXP is hard to find and only costs like 10 bucks less than the 8KNXP. I would like to know what you find out about this issue. If you don't mind. Man it's hard finding the right MB isn't it? The features are so different on the different boards.