Motorola SC3160 OTA ?

Last response: in Network Providers
May 13, 2005 3:37:32 PM

My g/f has a 3160 (Yeah, I know - her policy is if it ain't broke..).
I can't get it to OTA update. *228, then option 2. Sits for about 3
minutes of "Please wait while your phone is being programmed..." then
"I'm sorry, your phone could not be programmed at this time" (Ok,
can't recall exact words, haven't tried it in over a month). I've also
tried *22890, same results. Reprogrammed phone 74663#FCN FCN, verified
SID 40 (Northern California). Same results.

Any ideas? Her phone also always displays the roaming Icon, but she's
never been billed for roaming. She never travels off the beaten path,
so its no big issue...

More about : motorola sc3160 ota

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 11:26:20 PM

3160? What is that, I can't find it phonescoop.

"Evan Platt" <evan@theobvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
news:D ps981h6g6803micg6g9ct8tlepse5o3l1@4ax.com...
> My g/f has a 3160 (Yeah, I know - her policy is if it ain't broke..).
> I can't get it to OTA update. *228, then option 2. Sits for about 3
> minutes of "Please wait while your phone is being programmed..." then
> "I'm sorry, your phone could not be programmed at this time" (Ok,
> can't recall exact words, haven't tried it in over a month). I've also
> tried *22890, same results. Reprogrammed phone 74663#FCN FCN, verified
> SID 40 (Northern California). Same results.
>
> Any ideas? Her phone also always displays the roaming Icon, but she's
> never been billed for roaming. She never travels off the beaten path,
> so its no big issue...
> --
> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.
May 15, 2005 6:33:49 AM

Too old for Phone Scoop. You can see it on eBay.

"ydrone" <ydrone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> 3160? What is that, I can't find it phonescoop.
>

> "Evan Platt" <evan@theobvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
> news:D ps981h6g6803micg6g9ct8tlepse5o3l1@4ax.com...
> > My g/f has a 3160 (Yeah, I know - her policy is if it ain't broke..).
> > I can't get it to OTA update. *228, then option 2. Sits for about 3
> > minutes of "Please wait while your phone is being programmed..." then
> > "I'm sorry, your phone could not be programmed at this time" (Ok,
> > can't recall exact words, haven't tried it in over a month). I've also
> > tried *22890, same results. Reprogrammed phone 74663#FCN FCN, verified
> > SID 40 (Northern California). Same results.
> >
> > Any ideas? Her phone also always displays the roaming Icon, but she's
> > never been billed for roaming. She never travels off the beaten path,
> > so its no big issue...
> > --
> > To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 11:25:29 AM

....probably is not an OTA capable handset.

!