Grid Like Mouse Movements in all PC FPS Game

leachibob

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
I am having trouble when playing games on my Gaming PC, mainly in all FPS games.
The mouse movement is horrible, It is as if i am moving around the screen on a GRID. The look movement is not smooth and seems to moving on lines.

I have a Razor Abyss mouse, but that is not the issue as i have tested other mice and it does not make a difference. Changing some of the mouse settings in the windows and Razor options help a fraction on some games but still virtually impossible to play.

This makes playing FPS games impossible as it is distracting and inaccurate when trying to look around the game.

Here is a link to a video showing the issue in COD 4 PC - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k0Lvq6YVC4

My PC specs

- intel i7 3770k
- Gigabite z77 motherboard
- Nvidia MSI GTX 670 oc
- 8g Ram

Mouse - Razor Abyss

I read of a issue that somebody else had on this site but couldn't find the problem or a fix. I feel it may have something to do with my graphics card but not sure.

Hope someone can help me because this is driving me insane.

Thanks

that looks like you have a lot of prediction...
turn up both the dpi and poll rate. go into windows mouse settings and turn off smoothing and set the speed to the middle of the bar.
now open your razer pannel and get the x and y as close to the screen rez as you can. if you cant get it closer than say 100 then set it to 1600/900 agaian make sure the poll rate is set to 500 or 1000. apply and run your game... you may also want to open device manager and delete all the usb drivers (make sure you get the hidden 1s also) reboot and retry.

also check the nvidia pannel and make sure your reder ahead limit is set to 1 or 2 at max.

leachibob

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

The X and Y only goes from 1 to 10, and i have a 1920 by 1080 monitor. So not sure what i would set. Also i cannot find reder ahead limit in nvidia pannel.

Thanks for the reply, i also contacted MSI and they just replied telling me that the GPU is faulty and needs to be serviced . So i am going to get a replacement and if that does not fix it i will have to revert to trying your solution.

Thanks again

leachibob

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

Not sure what you mean but MSI have said it is a faulty GPU that is my issue.

Thanks for reply, what do you mean Box Raw Signal. In case the GPU isnt the problem.

Cheers

x and y only go from 1 to 10 you mean sensitivity? can you post a screeny of all your mouse menu options... as i think your mouses firmware may have been corrupted.
which mouse are you using btw...
as i had the lachesis and it had a roww of numbers on the bottom of the pannel from 0 to 4600 i set my mouse at 2000 on that then went to the x/y sensetivity settings and set x to 8 and y to 4 this would give me a roughly 16-9 ratio i also dissabled acceleration well as best as the panel would allow... but the lachesis did have a lot of prediction and always drew stair cases for diagonal lines.
so my guess is that your mouse is just doing an extream version of this due to the dpi being set to low. by either you selecting the wrong dpi or the firmware is corrupted. i know my old lachesis didnt like having its firmware installed on win 7. i had to use xp to update the mouse to get it to work almost properly.

leachibob

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

Razor Abyss mouse

- 1000 hrz
- 1080 dpi

Settings - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/codcod420121217063712.png/

Razor Settings - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/codcod420121217063926.png/

Other - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/codcod420121217064101.png/

Not sure what the HID compilant mouse is.

yeah i thought so you need to download a new version of the software because that 1 is missing the dpi changer. its actually a 3500dpi mouse not a 1080 dpi mouse.
you can flip it over and there should be 2 switches. the 1 on the left if your looking at it with the wire at the top is the poll rate while the 1 on the rite is the dpi switch...
switch it to 3500 and then go to the mouse speed slider and turn it down to about 1 quarter.

leachibob

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

I changed the dpi to 3500 and lowered the mouse speed down, but did not make a difference. It must be a GPU problem like MSI told me through the email. I am going to return my MSI GTX 670 to be serviced or replaced after Christmas.

Thanks for trying to help, i really appreciate it. Lets hope that it is a faulty GPU because i really would know what to do otherwise.

well its possible that the gpu is at fault but my thinking its the drivers for the mouse. i forget does your cpu have the hd gfx core on it? if so try running the game off that and see if you have the same issue. i know your unlikely to get a playable fps but thats not the point. its to see if you get the same griding motion. it seems a lot of people are having the same issue as you. yes they have the same kind of gpu but more have razer mice. something called z axis tracking issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD0ThxpVHMs
as you can see its a similar issue as yours. just not as obvious.

leachibob

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

Ye that is a really good idea, i am surprised MSI didn't tell me to try that.

I will try it