PhoenixKnights

Distinguished
May 16, 2003
I know that there is always been discussions about what water cooler or air cooler is best on here, and I was just wondering has there been any decisions made yet? or are we still in limbo on what's best? I'm looking to put a good cooler into my comp now and hoping I could find a good water cooler, so any recommendations?

Would be used to help me over clock a P4 2.8ghz 800 FSB to someplace between 3.2 ghz and 3.4 ghz or so maybe more. I would perfer it be pretty well constructed so I Don't have to worry about find out what happens when a computer mixes with water :) thanks for any advice you can give.

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
place in the UK seems to be selling a system brand called Danger Den which is an american brand, the review I read look quite good for AMD or Intel...

Trust me I know what I'm doing... ooops, grab the cat...

PhoenixKnights

Distinguished
May 16, 2003
I realize it's a small overclock but I want to overclock Quietly thank you not with adding a 90mm fan that has 115cfm at 55 db. I want to have it over clocked at a good temp and quiet. So any suggestions on a heatsink that is water based?

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
well i use a danger den maze3 which is quite good, though they now have the "Maze4", so i say go with that. As for a pump, I use an Eheim 1250, but you can go with the 1048, nice and quiet.. then you need a radiator.. if you feel like tinkering a little, grab a car heater-core that suits your needs, otherwise you can get a Black Ice Extreme 2, that'll definitely do the trick and you can get off using one 120mm fan running at 5V too...

i can tell you with recent experience that my watercooling setup is a godsend with regards to quieting down my computer... i mean, i had 1 120mm side-mount, 2x80mm vantec tornados (though all on a rheobus), and a vantec aeroflow cpu heatsink, a thermaltake crystal orb on the vid card and a dual-fan psu.. i put my pump enclose in its own reservoir, below my desk with the rad/fan right beside it, so that cuts out some of the noice, but i really can say that its A LOT quieter, and keeps me at a constant 27*C vs 32-34idle and 39-45load AND its hot in my room. i do plan on getting the VGA waterblock soon, and then having a nice passive hsf for my northbridge (which is burning up right now) so i can cool and quiet it down even more..

<b>Stupid summertime - cables stretch, now DSL won't work. Wanna know how much fun 33.6kbps is? ITS NOT.</b>

svol

Champion
Well a Thermalright SLK900 with 92mm Panaflow (low-noice) will probably be sufficient and very quiet.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:

PhoenixKnights

Distinguished
May 16, 2003
I have a YS-Tech fan that puts out 63.4 CFM in my computer right now and like I said the temp of the processor is around 40 C but it fluxtuates between 39-42 C. But when at that temp it only has msn messenger and a couple IE windows open so I'm thinking that's pretty warm since it's bound to go up alot when underload unless I'm wrong?

svol

Champion
Not necessarily... but you can always see how hot it gets after running Toast for some time.

But if your case temps are 35 C then your CPU temp will also be high.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:

PhoenixKnights

Distinguished
May 16, 2003
I'm not sure how $168 is 'inexpensive' but now that I have a new subject I think I'm going to post a new thread asking people about koolance, because no offence but I like to hear people's opinions. It does seem to be a pretty good looking sys though thanks for the info.

PhoenixKnights

Distinguished
May 16, 2003
Also Jamers, if you wouldn't mind did you do any mods to it or anything? Just want to make sure your results are stock so to speak and nothing I'm going to go have to buy more and more to acheive.