Verizon Wireless Broadband

Are there any Verizon Wireless Broadband users here? I'm a subscriber and I
have been experiencing some annoying issues, and I wonder if I'm the only one.
6 answers Last reply
More about verizon wireless broadband

    I have Verizon Wireless Broadband since about six months now. It works
    pretty good all the time except for the high latency (which does shoot up at
    times).

    What problem(s) are you facing? I am no expert but maybe could compare user
    notes and tips.

    SS

    "Sam" <pleazedonot@writeto.me> wrote in message
    > Are there any Verizon Wireless Broadband users here? I'm a subscriber and
    > have been experiencing some annoying issues, and I wonder if I'm the only
    > one.

    exactly how are you using the verizon broadband

    --
    tran2000

    also, are you paying anything a month

    --
    tran2000

    I pay $ 79.99 a month for unlimited access. I use an AirCard 5220 (provided
    by VZW) which goes into my laptop.

    Details about this plan can be found at:

    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadband/index.jsp?action=broadbandAccess

    SS

    "tran2000" <tran2000.1p3df0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > exactly how are you using the verizon broadband
    >

    > --
    > tran2000

    The problem I have encountered is that sometimes it can't find some web sites.
    For example I'll get a message that says that it can't find google.com or
    yahoo.com. Then after I click ok on the dialog box that shows up, I can get
    access to the web site and everything works fine. It was really bad around the
    time when I posted my message, then it got better, but it still happens
    ocassionally.

    EVDO is known for having a very high latency. As far as I can make out from
    various comments posted on these newsgroups is that mileage varies widely
    amongst users. I do have the same problem sometimes - I simply cannot get to
    some sites at all. And some other sites take forever to load - or not at
    all. When I check the connection speed it indicates over 500 Kb! But I have
    to make do with what works - I realize this is fairly new technology and am
    pleased with the convenience it provides.

    If you always get errors in connecting to sites as Google.com or Yahoo.com,
    I would first check the connection as established in VZAccess Manager first.
    CLick on Options and the on Test WWAN Device. If the Coverage shows as
    1XEDVO Digital the your broadband connection itself is working okay. If it
    shows 1XRTT Digital then you do not have a broadband connection. Check with
    VZW if broadband access is really available in your area of usage. I have
    found that when I am in a non-EVDO coverage area my computer does almost
    exactly what you say you are experiencing!

    > The problem I have encountered is that sometimes it can't find some web
    > sites.
    > For example I'll get a message that says that it can't find google.com or
    > yahoo.com. Then after I click ok on the dialog box that shows up, I can
    > get
    > access to the web site and everything works fine. It was really bad
    > around the
    > time when I posted my message, then it got better, but it still happens
    > ocassionally.

Verizon Broadband Wireless Internet Service Providers