Verizon Wireless Broadband

Sam

Are there any Verizon Wireless Broadband users here? I'm a subscriber and I
have been experiencing some annoying issues, and I wonder if I'm the only one.

I have Verizon Wireless Broadband since about six months now. It works
pretty good all the time except for the high latency (which does shoot up at
times).

What problem(s) are you facing? I am no expert but maybe could compare user
notes and tips.

SS

"Sam" <pleazedonot@writeto.me> wrote in message
> Are there any Verizon Wireless Broadband users here? I'm a subscriber and
> have been experiencing some annoying issues, and I wonder if I'm the only
> one.

I pay $ 79.99 a month for unlimited access. I use an AirCard 5220 (provided
by VZW) which goes into my laptop.

Details about this plan can be found at:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadband/index.jsp?action=broadbandAccess

SS

"tran2000" <tran2000.1p3df0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> exactly how are you using the verizon broadband
>

> --
> tran2000

Sam

The problem I have encountered is that sometimes it can't find some web sites.
For example I'll get a message that says that it can't find google.com or
yahoo.com. Then after I click ok on the dialog box that shows up, I can get
access to the web site and everything works fine. It was really bad around the
time when I posted my message, then it got better, but it still happens
ocassionally.

EVDO is known for having a very high latency. As far as I can make out from
various comments posted on these newsgroups is that mileage varies widely
amongst users. I do have the same problem sometimes - I simply cannot get to
some sites at all. And some other sites take forever to load - or not at
all. When I check the connection speed it indicates over 500 Kb! But I have
to make do with what works - I realize this is fairly new technology and am
pleased with the convenience it provides.

If you always get errors in connecting to sites as Google.com or Yahoo.com,
I would first check the connection as established in VZAccess Manager first.
CLick on Options and the on Test WWAN Device. If the Coverage shows as
1XEDVO Digital the your broadband connection itself is working okay. If it
shows 1XRTT Digital then you do not have a broadband connection. Check with
VZW if broadband access is really available in your area of usage. I have
found that when I am in a non-EVDO coverage area my computer does almost
exactly what you say you are experiencing!