Sign in with
Your question

GTA IV Computer Running Question

Last response: in Video Games
December 18, 2012 8:28:57 AM

Hello,
I've bought a dekstop Acer X3995 and i wanted to know if i could run GTA IV smoothly there.
Ill Put the info below:

Processor Intel Core i5 3450
Cores: 4
Memory capacity 8 GB
Amount of modules 2
Processor socket Socket 1155
GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 620
Memory (discrete) 2,048 MB
Memory (max. shared) 4,095 MB
GPU clock 810 MHz
GPU shader 1,620 MHz
GPU memory 800 MHz
Audio Codec chip Realtek ALC662
Total hard disk / SSD capacity 1,000 GB
Optical drive 1 Hitachi LG GH70N

Thank you very much
December 18, 2012 8:40:02 AM

Almost certainly not as its very badly optimized and even more certainly not as your GPU is very very weak.

Not for gaming at all.
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:44:26 AM

Your GPU is so weak, so no,

Upgrading will be difficult too, because you bought a desktop from ACER. Desktops from ACER, HP, ASUS or whatever will most certainly always only put a PSU in your desktop that can barerly power up the current hardware.
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2012 8:44:51 AM

So if i switch my GPU for something 30% better, will it work?
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:48:39 AM

And, the only thing less good is the GPU, but the processor and all are pretty good right? doesnt that get the situation better, like bad GPU but awesome processor and Hard Drive.
It is an excelent computer excluding for the GPU, anyway
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:55:16 AM

What I'm saying is, that it's hard for you to upgrade because you bought a desktop from ACER. The power supply they put in their systems can just give enough power for the current hardware, in most situations, which Means you also need to upgrade the power supply.

It was not a very good decision buying such a desktop for gaming.
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:57:04 AM

CPU and HDD is decent, nothing major.

But your CPU will be bottlenecked in gaming, because of the bad GPU. It's about finding balance between CPU power and GPU power to get the best performance of the two.
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:59:53 AM

I dont wanna play heavy games like CoD Mw3

The games i have are

Age Of Empires III
Counter Strike: Condition Zero
GTA San Andreas (max res.)
Call Of Duty 4 (on max res. it gets only a nothing bit slow in some parts of the map)

And i wanted to check out GTA IV, so i whould say it is cool for moderate gaming, but for hravy gaming i guess i only have to switch the GPU and maybe the PSU (price of the PSU?)
m
l
December 18, 2012 9:08:23 AM

blacking said:
I dont wanna play heavy games like CoD Mw3

The games i have are

Age Of Empires III
Counter Strike: Condition Zero
GTA San Andreas (max res.)
Call Of Duty 4 (on max res. it gets only a nothing bit slow in some parts of the map)

And i wanted to check out GTA IV, so i whould say it is cool for moderate gaming, but for hravy gaming i guess i only have to switch the GPU and maybe the PSU (price of the PSU?)

You didn't post your current PSU. But for moderate gaming at least GTX 650 or Radeon 7750 will prove to give you some decent gaming quality. GT 620 isn't even made for gaming.
m
l
December 18, 2012 10:42:11 AM

PSU is the power source unit right?
So what is the relation between GPU and PSU. PSU isnt just that little power box behind the computer ?
m
l
December 18, 2012 10:44:01 AM

oh yeah sorry, right.

So how much does a PSU cost?
m
l
December 18, 2012 11:21:38 AM

It is that little box, yes.

What it has to do with the GPU is that a GPU can't work without enough power, nothing in your PC can without enough power. Why I compare the PSU to the GPU is mainly that the GPU is the component in your hardware that draws the most power.

PSUs come in a large variety of prices. A price often match the qaulity of a PSU, so buying a cheap PSU with a high watt number might not be as sufficient as a quality PSU with a low watt number.

Why is it that a PSU which has a higher watt number than another can be worse?

The effectivness of a PSU determines how much watt it can put out to your hardware. Like if you got a PSU with 700 watt but only 50% effectivness then a 500 watt PSU with 85% effectivness will give you more watt.

The quality indicates the effectivness, the cooling and the overall built qaulity of the PSU.

A great PSU brand is seasonic, but it's not cheap.

There are also decent solutions which are more affordable from coolermaster or corsair.

Don't go buy a new PSU and GPU right away. It could destroy the warranty of your PC by replacing them, so go research that first. you will also need further advice if you're upgrading to what PSU and GPU that would fit great together. It's like a puzzle, som bricks just don't fit together and some does perfectly.
m
l
December 18, 2012 11:26:44 AM

lostgamer_03 said:
It is that little box, yes.

What it has to do with the GPU is that a GPU can't work without enough power, nothing in your PC can without enough power. Why I compare the PSU to the GPU is mainly that the GPU is the component in your hardware that draws the most power.

PSUs come in a large variety of prices. A price often match the qaulity of a PSU, so buying a cheap PSU with a high watt number might not be as sufficient as a quality PSU with a low watt number.

Why is it that a PSU which has a higher watt number than another can be worse?

The effectivness of a PSU determines how much watt it can put out to your hardware. Like if you got a PSU with 700 watt but only 50% effectivness then a 500 watt PSU with 85% effectivness will give you more watt.

The quality indicates the effectivness, the cooling and the overall built qaulity of the PSU.

A great PSU brand is seasonic, but it's not cheap.

There are also decent solutions which are more affordable from coolermaster or corsair.

Don't go buy a new PSU and GPU right away. It could destroy the warranty of your PC by replacing them, so go research that first. you will also need further advice if you're upgrading to what PSU and GPU that would fit great together. It's like a puzzle, som bricks just don't fit together and some does perfectly.

Im thinking on this one

Pretty good :) 
m
l
December 18, 2012 2:58:39 PM

I'll only be around my computer in a couple days
My budget? err... 150$ :) 
100$ with the new GPU
and 70$ (i have no idea) with the PSU... ?
m
l
December 18, 2012 3:45:25 PM

blacking said:
I'll only be around my computer in a couple days
My budget? err... 150$ :) 
100$ with the new GPU
and 70$ (i have no idea) with the PSU... ?

When you get around then keep me updated, your PSU might not be all that bad, your in luck if its not.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

These four links are posted by the performance of the GPUs. You might consider one of those. But don't make any haste before you know of your PSU.

m
l
December 28, 2012 10:00:12 AM

hi im posting this cuz i got an email saying that this was inactive and iwas affraid that this whould be closed . Ill put the psu info here in a few hours by calling to acer support, if not, ill put here day 2. Thank you for your patience !
m
l
December 28, 2012 11:06:16 AM

blacking said:
hi im posting this cuz i got an email saying that this was inactive and iwas affraid that this whould be closed . Ill put the psu info here in a few hours by calling to acer support, if not, ill put here day 2. Thank you for your patience !

I'll be waiting! :) 
m
l
January 4, 2013 8:32:08 PM

i think this is it

Power supply Delta DPS-220UB-4
Continuous power 220 W
m
l
January 4, 2013 9:56:29 PM

blacking said:
i think this is it

Power supply Delta DPS-220UB-4
Continuous power 220 W

You will need to update your PSU then. Not even a Radeon 7750 would do. I'm sorry to tell you. :( 
m
l
January 5, 2013 12:23:50 PM

Can you give me a list of cheap compatible PSU's with NVidia GeForce GTX or GT (i dont remember if it is GT or GTX, but you had put a list here, and it is one of them) 650 ?
The cheapest but compatible :D 
m
l
January 5, 2013 2:11:25 PM

blacking said:
Can you give me a list of cheap compatible PSU's with NVidia GeForce GTX or GT (i dont remember if it is GT or GTX, but you had put a list here, and it is one of them) 650 ?
The cheapest but compatible :D 

What is your budget? And please make sure the PSU is removable.
m
l
January 5, 2013 3:15:00 PM

For $100 on the GPU you are looking at the HD 7770. You should just have built the PC in the first place. From the looks of it you probably paid a good amount for it and you probably could have gotten way better if you would have built.
m
l
January 17, 2013 5:23:26 AM

( it costed 600 euros ) that is aprox. 680 dollars :) 
m
l
January 17, 2013 11:56:23 AM

Lol for that price you could have gotten a i5 3570k and a HD 7850.
m
l
January 17, 2013 11:56:51 AM

Also, don't get the GTX 650. Get the 650 ti, or the HD 7770.
m
l
April 13, 2013 12:37:31 AM

Yeah, i've noticed that GTX 650 Ti is twice better, i have found an awesome one on ebay from a tech company, but they don't export to PT :/ 
m
l
April 13, 2013 12:38:19 AM

BTW i'm going to buy a new case, put everything into the new case and buy a 600W PSU :) 
m
l
!