Sign in with
Your question

Call of duty series Vs. Battlefield series

Last response: in Video Games

Call of duty series or Battlefield series?

Total: 38 votes (4 blank votes)

• Call of duty only
  • 21 %
  • Battlefield only
  • 62 %
  • None
  • 18 %
December 18, 2012 10:39:23 AM

Which of the above game series is better.Please consider in mind the following:
1. Graphics
2. Performance
3. Features
4. Storyline
5. Impact on players
6. technologies used
December 18, 2012 10:57:45 AM

they both are different games. and although there both fps shooters there not really comparable in any other respect. 1 is a high end gfx card cruncher. the other is an out and out arcade shooter.
cod engine is built primarily for speed while frostbite is looks and atmosphere..
December 18, 2012 11:21:25 AM

HEXiT said:
they both are different games. and although there both fps shooters there not really comparable in any other respect. 1 is a high end gfx card cruncher. the other is an out and out arcade shooter.
cod engine is built primarily for speed while frostbite is looks and atmosphere..

Please suggest me any game series
for comarison with call of duty series
Related resources
December 18, 2012 12:33:26 PM

medal of honor would be a better comparison but generally there aint many franchises that can compete with cod series. i prefer to compare the treyarch cods to the infinity ward cods... your comparing like with like but by different companies. and different software enginners using roughly the same outlines for a game on similar engines.
December 18, 2012 1:01:18 PM

Divyanshu Sah said:
Please suggest me any game series
for comarison with call of duty series

What platform?

If PC, then you might wanna try...

Free:
- Planet Side 2 (it's the cousin of Battlefield 2142)
- Team Fortress (it's a cartoon version of COD?)

Cheap:
- CS:GO (more competitive than Battlefield and COD)

As for BF3 vs BO2...well that's pretty hard to compare. Huge maps with vehicles versus smaller maps with kill streaks. It'd be hard enough to compare MW3 vs BO2...let alone a completely different shooter. Either way, they're of course the most popular ones...

December 18, 2012 2:43:09 PM

bf33 for graphics and the gameplay. and cod for the fast gameplay they are totally different games :) 
December 20, 2012 11:03:22 AM

But i like COD series the most because of the story apart from graphics
December 20, 2012 11:11:18 AM

In technical comparisons, there is no comparison. BF3 is vastly superior. Graphics, sound, server capacity, netcode and all the way down the list BF3 just dominates every technical category over the COD franchise. But, why wouldn't it? It's built on a newer, more advanced engine. That's the goal of technical advancement.

In gameplay comparisons, there is no comparison for a different reason. They are different games, aimed at different audiences. They play very differently from each other and it's up to you to decide if you like the stiff and crisp arcade style gameplay in COD, or if you like the more fluid simulator style of BF3. There is no right or wrong in this regard.
December 20, 2012 11:17:01 AM

casualcolors said:
In technical comparisons, there is no comparison. BF3 is vastly superior. Graphics, sound, server capacity, netcode and all the way down the list BF3 just dominates every technical category over the COD franchise. But, why wouldn't it? It's built on a newer, more advanced engine. That's the goal of technical advancement.

In gameplay comparisons, there is no comparison for a different reason. They are different games, aimed at different audiences. They play very differently from each other and it's up to you to decide if you like the stiff and crisp arcade style gameplay in COD, or if you like the more fluid simulator style of BF3. There is no right or wrong in this regard.

Rightly said.Hats off to your opinion
December 20, 2012 11:47:17 AM

If you mostly play Single Player games then might I suggest the Crysis series. The story is meh but for some reason, the experience is pretty sweet. It's an awesome game with very pretty graphics if you have the rig for it.
December 20, 2012 12:50:45 PM

Still cod is the most selling games, every year maybe? Haha, let see if cod 10 sell better then 14bilion profit of mw3.

Maybe cod 20 be in the next 11 years? Hahahaha
December 22, 2012 11:52:53 AM

i think i should better start new poll between Batman series Vs Spiderman series.Should I.
December 22, 2012 11:58:53 AM

Divyanshu Sah said:
i think i should better start new poll between Batman series Vs Spiderman series.Should I.

Spiderman's last good games were Maximum Carnage and Separation Anxiety. I think you can safely ignore this comparison. lol
December 23, 2012 2:48:30 AM

Battlefield Bad Company 2 still has some of my favorite multiplayer gameplay
December 24, 2012 12:25:35 AM

IF you go by the 6 categories listed BF3 dominates in all of them but one, storyline, both of the franchises have different storylines that are engaging and fun and are about even on that scale.
December 24, 2012 9:23:43 AM

burritobob said:
IF you go by the 6 categories listed BF3 dominates in all of them but one, storyline, both of the franchises have different storylines that are engaging and fun and are about even on that scale.

Hey what the hell of story are you talking in Bf3 It does not have any story at all.If it has it is also very poor.I played Bf3 and find nothing interesting then graphics. It bored me playing alone.It is only good for multiplayer but cod series does not seem to have great graphics but does not bore me as they have such a good storyline and its also good for multiplayers
December 24, 2012 11:28:17 AM

I don't think either of these games are particularly entertaining to play alone, but that's just me.
December 25, 2012 7:24:09 AM

casualcolors said:
I don't think either of these games are particularly entertaining to play alone, but that's just me.

If you meant so .Then you are totally wrong
December 25, 2012 11:51:05 AM

Divyanshu Sah said:
If you meant so .Then you are totally wrong

It's an opinion, not a fact. Settle down cowboy.
December 25, 2012 11:23:00 PM

In my opinion counterstrike beats them all
December 25, 2012 11:42:09 PM

Battlefield never really had a strong story. It was always based on army vs army vehicle/infantry combat, which is where it shines. The story that it presented in BF3, was a pretty typical modern shooter story. The gameplay that backed the story, is what made it really stand out. COD has had some pretty typical stories with the bad guy getting a private army of some sort, some kind of WMD that they plan to use for some nafarious reason. Black Ops 1 I felt had the best story, mainly because there was a point where I literally said out loud "What. The. F**K." The plot twist took me by surprise, and THAT is what I love to see in games. I have yet to complete the single player for BO2, so I can't say anyting on it yet. The visuals and sounds in battlefield are vastly superior to COD in my opinion. Especially sound from around Bad Company. Bad Company 2 was extremely entertaining online, more so then BF3 I think. BF3 just kinda lost it for me because every single person in the game is a colonel of some rank with everything superior to everyone of lesser rank, and it completely kills the game sometimes. COD at least has more control with players that have better gear. It doesn't take a drastic amount of time to get to that point. I'm by no means the daddy lama of gaming, so it might just be the fact that I'm not as good. Generally I find COD has a lot more unmature players, probably due to the playing curve being smaller then BF3. But that is pretty widely known anyway. As it has been stated before, both games are the same base model of modern shooter, but branch out to two completely different play styles. I play both, and when I get frustrated with one, I'll switch to the other. I probably spend more time playing COD though, to be honest.

And of course, these are all my opinions.
December 26, 2012 4:50:53 AM

I agree with casualcolors, both game is not so entertaining playing alone.
December 30, 2012 5:46:13 AM

polynation said:
In my opinion counterstrike beats them all

Which game in counterstrile series are you talking about
December 30, 2012 4:55:13 PM

On PC my favorite games are TF2, BF3, and Minecraft. So if you are wanting one of these games for PC you should go for Battlefield, you are on a console you should probably go for COD. Counter strike is very good as well.
January 3, 2013 11:57:00 AM

Divyanshu Sah said:
What about crysis 3

No one can definitively say anything about Crysis 3. No one has seen more than what essentially amounted to a late alpha version which was used during the beta to test the multiplayer backend.
February 15, 2013 4:59:40 PM

Divyanshu Sah said:
Which game in counterstrile series are you talking about

Counter Strike Source
May 19, 2013 12:53:29 AM

PLANETSIDE 2, lalalalalalalalalalalalalaal~~~~~
!