Sign in with
Your question

Portable Games for School

Last response: in Video Games
December 18, 2012 8:14:07 PM

Hey guys i was wondering if there are any games i can carry on my usb without having to install annd so i can play at school during my tv production class which our teacher let's us if we do all our work. Is there any CoD or other game that i can download?

More about : portable games school

December 18, 2012 8:31:29 PM

Hi :) 

I seriously doubt a game would install...administrator rights would be needed, and school computers don't give that to pupils...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:42:24 PM

Brett928S2 said:

I seriously doubt a game would install...administrator rights would be needed, and school computers don't give that to pupils...

no i can because since its tv pro we can go on websites and open programs which usually would be blocked. Last year i played league on it.
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2012 8:44:15 PM

World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 comes to my mind. They don't need to be installed and their clients are fully portable.
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:45:18 PM

Sunius said:
World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 comes to my mind. They don't need to be installed and their clients are fully portable.

i dnt want to play either of them. im talking about CoD or something
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:52:58 PM

Well, CoD needs steam afaik (not sure on this one, I'm not a fan of CoD).

Anyway, which games do you own? I suppose you don't want to buy games specifically so you could play during classes?
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:58:48 PM

Sunius said:
Well, CoD needs steam afaik (not sure on this one, I'm not a fan of CoD).

Anyway, which games do you own? I suppose you don't want to buy games specifically so you could play during classes?

Shooters. Maybee like Halo or something
m
l
December 18, 2012 9:10:17 PM

Pretty much only flash games.
m
l
December 18, 2012 9:14:00 PM

oss43456 said:
Shooters. Maybee like Halo or something

I meant which games you have already bought as in you have them?

I'm pretty sure you don't need to install unread tournament either.
m
l
December 18, 2012 9:24:26 PM

Here is a novel idea....

How about you sit and learn during the lesson ?

Then when you grow up you might own a Porsche and several companies...

Or am I being too old fashioned ?

m
l
December 18, 2012 9:30:55 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Here is a novel idea....

How about you sit and learn during the lesson ?

Then when you grow up you might own a Porsche and several companies...

Or am I being too old fashioned ?

OMFG Brett STAHWP! I took AP TV pro i just took tv pro 1 again so i can have a chill class. can you reccommend somethong or get out of my forum post.
m
l
December 18, 2012 9:39:10 PM

oss43456 said:
OMFG Brett STAHWP! I took AP TV pro i just took tv pro 1 again so i can have a chill class. can you reccommend somethong or get out of my forum post.

Well, looking at that sentence, I would recommend you take an English grammar or spelling class....

And be polite, its against Toms rules to make personal attacks...

m
l
Anonymous
December 18, 2012 10:58:43 PM

Brett928S2 said:

I would recommend you take an English grammar or spelling class....

And be polite, its against Toms rules to make personal attacks...

Oh dear .. :D 
m
l
December 18, 2012 11:51:16 PM

Quote:
Oh dear .. :D 

LOL
m
l
December 18, 2012 11:52:54 PM

oss43456 said:
LOL

At least you have a sense of humour even if you don't know whats wrong with that word... :) 

m
l
December 19, 2012 12:19:14 AM

Brett928S2 said:

At least you have a sense of humour even if you don't know whats wrong with that word... :) 

no offense but your being kind of a dick. your not helping him pick games at all, which is what this post is about, not his schoolwork or future. if you actually read his post he said he wanted games to play AFTER HE HAD DONE ALL HIS WORK BECAUSE HIS TEACHER LET THEM. so either help him or get out of this forum post, because frankly its none of your business what he does with his time, he just wanted some games to play.
m
l
December 19, 2012 12:23:11 AM

gommer556 said:
no offense but your being kind of a dick. your not helping him pick games at all, which is what this post is about, not his schoolwork or future. if you actually read his post he said he wanted games to play AFTER HE HAD DONE ALL HIS WORK BECAUSE HIS TEACHER LET THEM. so either help him or get out of this forum post, because frankly its none of your business what he does with his time, he just wanted some games to play.

I DO take offence....Reported for personal insults (against Toms rules)

I have already told him that the schools IT system will NOT let him install a game...

I am a School Governor and if our IT techs allowed it, they wouldn't have a job for very long...

I am positive his school feels the same.... giving Admin rights to students is a disaster waiting to happen...

m
l
December 19, 2012 1:35:06 AM

Brett928S2 said:

I have already told him that the schools IT system will NOT let him install a game...

I am a School Governor and if our IT techs allowed it, they wouldn't have a job for very long...

I am positive his school feels the same.... giving Admin rights to students is a disaster waiting to happen...

Agreed completely. I'm a student. If my classmates were given administrator rights, all hell would break loose. People would be playing games during class and filling the computer's HDDs with useless crap. As it is, people bring .swfs on USB drives and play flash games on the internet. Imagine if they had the ability to play full 3D games during class time.
m
l
December 19, 2012 3:10:58 AM

Some 3D games work, but only those that don't have strict DRM - so all the newest games are mostly out of the question.
m
l
December 20, 2012 1:43:40 AM

Maybe Urban Terror or Paintball 2, I believe both are standalone Quake 2/3 mods.
Paintball 2 can be taken from sourceforge, urbanterror has its own site.
m
l
December 20, 2012 3:18:11 AM

Brett928S2 said:

First of all, he has stated multiple times that he doesn't want to INSTALL anything. He is wondering what games can be played off of a usb flash drive. He doesn't want admin rights, or want to use up HDD space or anything like that, he simply wants to know what games can be played from a flash drive without requiring an installation.

Second, he also stated that he intends to play these games only after he is finished with his work. And no, don't try to say he always has something to do, because that's not true. I've been to high school, and college, and there is tons of downtime once you have work finished.

I realize he is being sort of immature about replying and the whole situation, and I understand where you are coming from with your points, but his question is a technical one, and it should be treated as such. The background really doesn't matter all that much in this situation.

To the OP, the only game that I can think of are World of Warcraft which has already been mentioned and I know you aren't interested in. I'm a fan of shooters, but only major ones like CoD, which I'm pretty sure requires steam.

Good luck with your search for games!
m
l
December 20, 2012 2:32:17 PM

Ive done the same things. Xonotic (free) is a great FPS to play and doesnt need installation. If its put on multiple computers, u can play multiplayer with ur friends. There are plenty of these kinds of free, no-install games out there. If ur feeling naughty you could crack an istalled game on ur PC, and put that into the school.
m
l
December 20, 2012 2:51:21 PM

trogdor796 said:
First of all, he has stated multiple times that he doesn't want to INSTALL anything. He is wondering what games can be played off of a usb flash drive. He doesn't want admin rights, or want to use up HDD space or anything like that, he simply wants to know what games can be played from a flash drive without requiring an installation.

Second, he also stated that he intends to play these games only after he is finished with his work. And no, don't try to say he always has something to do, because that's not true. I've been to high school, and college, and there is tons of downtime once you have work finished.

I realize he is being sort of immature about replying and the whole situation, and I understand where you are coming from with your points, but his question is a technical one, and it should be treated as such. The background really doesn't matter all that much in this situation.

To the OP, the only game that I can think of are World of Warcraft which has already been mentioned and I know you aren't interested in. I'm a fan of shooters, but only major ones like CoD, which I'm pretty sure requires steam.

Good luck with your search for games!

So to kind of clear things up and elective class that has a teacher allow his students to do whatever they want actually is allowed, When i was in school i had a 3d graphics art class and we were allowed to do whatever we wanted obviously within reason, certain websites were blocked for explicit material, and the hard drives were wiped everyday unless the files were saved in the students personal drive on the server.

As far as personal attacks go, i believe the moderator will handle something like that and justify what is a personal attack, forumns are supposed to be informative based on the posts with a bit of fun and humor i would assume so, but if i was asking a question and being told i should be mindful of this and that, i mean i took easy classes to get the A to bump my GPA so why not make it easy for yourself from time to time.

As far as some games to play, check out Worms, and even starcraft. I know i have a USB drive that has the original Starcraft and expansion that runs off the usb drive, and starcraft 2 has the same client deal :) 
Hope that helps as far as god is concerned if you can find a way to install the game to your flash drive and run it from the drive you should be alright :) 

m
l
December 24, 2012 10:20:03 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Alright Brett let's stop this arguing because its just immature. I just want a portable game. that is all. Im sorry if you feel insulted but as many people stated i do it when im done with my work. so if you're not going to help me, hop off my thread.

All the best Oss :) 
m
l
December 24, 2012 11:22:13 PM

Battlefield Play 4 free , District 187 Sin streets , Need for speed world , Planetside 2 , APB Reloaded.
m
l
December 25, 2012 4:18:18 AM

Jan3s said:
Battlefield Play 4 free , District 187 Sin streets , Need for speed world , Planetside 2 , APB Reloaded.

on an 8gb usb?
m
l
May 17, 2013 9:38:59 AM

oss43456 said:
Jan3s said:

on an 8gb usb?

Ok then forget about ABP and PlanetSide 2.

m
l
May 17, 2013 8:14:31 PM

My school has MacBooks and there's no passwords on it since I live in a area where half the population does not know anything about a computer problems are lax I once almost got feed the beast on it minecraft is banned but not ftb LOL
m
l
May 18, 2013 5:51:07 PM

There are portable versions of many older games that work running directly off USB but I think that the required hacks to the executable violates the end user agreement making it illegal even if you own the original game disc. I had a portable version of Mount and Blade, I own the game so I didn't feel too bad. It was great having it in my pocket though.
m
l
August 6, 2013 9:45:43 AM

crookedmouth said:
There are portable versions of many older games that work running directly off USB but I think that the required hacks to the executable violates the end user agreement making it illegal even if you own the original game disc. I had a portable version of Mount and Blade, I own the game so I didn't feel too bad. It was great having it in my pocket though.

can you give me a link to it?
m
l
August 12, 2013 8:10:01 PM

Sorry, I cannot. I believe that would be against the rules of this forum. I think portable versions of things is basically warez, unless it is freeware, like these. Assault Cube is decent
http://portableapps.com/apps/games
m
l
August 13, 2013 3:40:21 AM

Just so you know, you might not want to play shooting games in a public school unless you want to be arrested and on the national news for scarring the minds of children with violence... :/ 
m
l
August 13, 2013 6:27:14 AM

Would it be a good idea to play cod in school when youre not 18 (im assuming), you know what the teacher will do if they have a problem with it. As for a game Battlefield free to play as I doubt the school computers will be up to running cod :)  Hope this helps
m
l
August 25, 2013 11:08:41 AM

most free horror games are portable. Try SCP
m
l
!