Getting started into Day Z

chain220

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Just got done watching some videos and guides on the DayZ mod. It looks absolutely great. Though, it's a mod for Arma 2 from what I've gathered.. what all do I need to purchase to be able to play this mod?

Solution
You need to get ARMA II Combined operations. It should be 29.99 on Steam, After you get those go to

dayzmod.com and down load the Alpha mod and get all the files there.

After you have the files,

Make a folder named "@DayZ" in your Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead directory.

Inside "@DayZ" folder create another folder named "Addons". It should look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons

Unpack all DayZ Mod files in the "Addons" folder.

Then Load ARMA II and The Combined Operation game once, then activate the mod from the expansion setting then join the game :)

Should be somewhat close to what i posted.

Serthy

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
You need to get ARMA II Combined operations. It should be 29.99 on Steam, After you get those go to

dayzmod.com and down load the Alpha mod and get all the files there.

After you have the files,

Make a folder named "@DayZ" in your Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead directory.

Inside "@DayZ" folder create another folder named "Addons". It should look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons

Unpack all DayZ Mod files in the "Addons" folder.

Then Load ARMA II and The Combined Operation game once, then activate the mod from the expansion setting then join the game :)

Should be somewhat close to what i posted.

Solution

spayd

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
yes, or you can just install "play with six" and it'll do all that for you :p (well after you get combined operations). Personally, i wouldn't pay 1 dollar for dayz. I already had arma 2 when i tried dayz and it's just not that fun. It's also the buggiest game you will ever play. However, if dayz gets you into the awesomeness that is arma then go for it :D

chain220

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Thanks Serthy, that's exactly what I was looking for. and spayd, I also looked into Arma and it looks like a pretty solid game which I'm rather excited to play as well. There's always that if Day Z proves to be a bust.

spayd

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Well honestly I'd recommend you wait till Arma 3 and the DayZ standalone come out. There's no release date yet for either but they should be coming out soon. Look into them