FF Online

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

Hello, finally got myself a PS2. I'm a FF fan so am interested in FF XI/online.
I have a load of questions if anyone can help.

1. If I buy a used FFXI can I use the CD to play online or is the code "used
up" when first used, or does it even have a code? Basically can I buy used game
and play online?

2. Is there a standalone game on the CD or Online only?

3. Is there a monthly fee to play online?

4. The Game/Harddrive package, is it necessary? I take it you can install the
game direct to the harddrive to play faster? How does it work? Can you use
another hard drive instead of the one in the "package", it looks like a
standard PC hard drive, if you format using the PS2 software will another HD
work?

5. What can you tell me abou the game? :)

Thanks,
Tom

On 27 Jul 2004 01:04:50 GMT, OffersEmail <offersemail@aol.com> wrote:

> Hello, finally got myself a PS2. I'm a FF fan so am interested in FF
> XI/online.
> I have a load of questions if anyone can help.
>
> 1. If I buy a used FFXI can I use the CD to play online or is the code
> "used
> up" when first used, or does it even have a code? Basically can I buy
> used game
> and play online?

You'll have to get the game codes from the person you are buying it from.
There is 4 codes: PlayOnline, FFXI, FFXI: Rise of Zilart, and Tetra Master.

> 2. Is there a standalone game on the CD or Online only?

100% Online

> 3. Is there a monthly fee to play online?

Yes. $12.95 a month for FFXI and one character.
Extra $1 for Tetra Master
Extra $1 for additional characters, up to a total of 16 characters.

> 4. The Game/Harddrive package, is it necessary? I take it you can
> install the
> game direct to the harddrive to play faster? How does it work? Can you
> use
> another hard drive instead of the one in the "package", it looks like a
> standard PC hard drive, if you format using the PS2 software will
> another HD
> work?

FFXI is already installed on the hard drive, you only need a CD in the PS2
drive to play it.

> 5. What can you tell me abou the game? :)

If you have a life, say good bye to it. I've been playing it since PC US
release and I've.... just become a shell of what I used to be.

SmallBrownMonkey wrote:

>> 3. Is there a monthly fee to play online?
>
> Yes, something like $17 a month, plus 50c (or whatever half a $
> is...) per additional character slot past the first one. You'll need
> a credit card, or know someone nice with one too.

$0.5 maybe, larf

Ryan

"DarkSheer" <rdettl__@__dundee.net> wrote in message
> SmallBrownMonkey wrote:
>
> >> 3. Is there a monthly fee to play online?
> >
> > Yes, something like $17 a month, plus 50c (or whatever half a $
> > is...) per additional character slot past the first one. You'll need
> > a credit card, or know someone nice with one too.
>
> $0.5 maybe, larf
>
> Ryan

Cost is 12.95 plus 1.00 per each addition char