VOTW: Robot Makes Tiny Paper Aeroplane

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Lame robots perform open heart surgery. Cool robots make tiny paper airplanes.

G

not a robot, but "robot hands". We have a da Vinci at our university. whoooooooooo

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
over all, i am not impressed with air plane. any kid who gets board out of their mind, tries to make the biggest airplane (my recors is 20 feet by 10 feet once folded, i used scrap industrial paper i got for free) and the smallest, mine was 1/4 the size of a dime.

hell the most impressive thing i did was fold a paper crane, the puff back, not the it flaps its wings kind, at 1/5 the size of a dime.

i had to do the folds with pins, a razor, and a microscope i had.

i have also written my name so small it couldn't be read with the human eye.

now what i am impressed with is the speed this guy did that at, however a surgen needs to be able to do this kind of crap in under 1 minute, and be accurate... these tools are for cutting and stitching inside of the human body with no cutting, or open heart surgery, and stitching the vessels on the heart. you know crap like that where you you have to move fast.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
It's not a robot if it's got a person in direct control of the device, robots are automated. If you work for a technology publication, Get it right!

On a side note those are some serious roach clips.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
It only uses med packs!

It seems from the vid, that the user has a difficulty estimating the depth, like you have looking through a magnifier glass or a microscope.

I wonder if the plane ever lifted off.

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]this tool is already used for surgery, nothing new here, lol[/citation]
Impressive skill yes, but for remote surgeries, otherwise, I do not think that anybody would like to be under these metallic pointy tentacles!

slmarker

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
I could have chopped done the tree, made the paper, and then made the plane in the same time. I treated this video like a download. I started it,went to sleep and when I woke it was almost done.

frazik

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
best part was at 1:30

the big deal is that it can operate very precisely on minute blood vessels tissue areas etc.

theroguex

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
So, um, people keep saying that it's not a robot. Yes, yes it it is. Laparoscopic machines are indeed robots. Research 'robotic surgery.'

The term 'robot' does not imply automation; you could build a giant robot exoskeleton that was controlled by a pilot, and we already have remote control drones that are robots. There are many different types of robots, some automated some not.

Status
Not open for further replies.