Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

compaq armada m300 p3 600

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 21, 2005 9:58:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

Hi folks,
Just got a 2nd hand one .It came with one power adapter, is this
multifunctional for the docking bay and the laptop ? It has no users manual
with it. Thanks for any help.

More about : compaq armada m300 600

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 21, 2005 9:58:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

Yes, the power adapter works with both the MEU and the system.

Lots of information available if you go to www.hp.com/support select the US
and enter Armada M300 in the little box. You will have access to all the
documentation and software updates..

You might want to upgrade the memory by adding a 256MB chip (under the
keyboard) and then it runs XP really nicely (I have 2 of them like that )

--
Bill

"dickydoo" <dickydoo@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
news:o IUNe.4324$iM2.444787@news.xtra.co.nz...
> Hi folks,
> Just got a 2nd hand one .It came with one power adapter, is this
> multifunctional for the docking bay and the laptop ? It has no users
> manual
> with it. Thanks for any help.
>
>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 21, 2005 11:13:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

dickydoo wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Just got a 2nd hand one .It came with one power adapter, is this
> multifunctional for the docking bay and the laptop ? It has no users manual
> with it. Thanks for any help.
>
>

Are you sure that is the model number as it looks a little unusual for a
Compaq to me. If you can confirm, I may be able to locate a user
manual in my archives for you. If I have it, it will be in PDF format.

Regards
Echy
Melbourne, Australia
www.visitvictoria.com
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2005 3:19:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

Hi Echy,
Here is the specs that it has. Would appreciate any help with manual.
I have the power supply sussed .When it is docked it plugs into docking bay
to feed the laptop. Undocked power is provided by internal batt or the same
power pack.
Compaq Armada M300 slim, light laptop.
The laptop build in Magnesium metal house cover, very reliable.

CPU:p 3 600MHZ
RAM:128MB
HDD: 30GB
12.1 TFT(1024x768)
1xUSB Port
1xSerial port
1x Print port
1xinfrare
Build in Lan and 56k modem, internet ready.
Touch pad mouse.
Window 98 SEC installed.
Came with a docking station include a cdrom and FDD.


"Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:430845d5$0$24680$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> dickydoo wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> > Just got a 2nd hand one .It came with one power adapter, is this
> > multifunctional for the docking bay and the laptop ? It has no users
manual
> > with it. Thanks for any help.
> >
> >
>
> Are you sure that is the model number as it looks a little unusual for a
> Compaq to me. If you can confirm, I may be able to locate a user
> manual in my archives for you. If I have it, it will be in PDF format.
>
> Regards
> Echy
> Melbourne, Australia
> www.visitvictoria.com
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2005 3:27:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2005 3:46:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

dickydoo wrote:
> Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?
>
>

I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.

Echy
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2005 11:55:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

Echy wrote:
> dickydoo wrote:
>
>> Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?
>>
>>
>
> I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.
>
> Echy

Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.

Echy
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2005 3:16:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

"Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:4308f860$0$8993$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Echy wrote:
> > dickydoo wrote:
> >
> >> Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?
> >>
> >>
> >
> > I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.
> >
> > Echy
>
> Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
> it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.
>
> Echy
Thanks for your help.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 23, 2005 12:55:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

dickydoo wrote:
> "Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:4308f860$0$8993$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>
>>Echy wrote:
>>
>>>dickydoo wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.
>>>
>>>Echy
>>
>>Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
>>it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.
>>
>>Echy
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
>

I'm slowly getting there ! Discovered that a colleague lent the CD to
someone. I will have it back in about 14 hours from now. The good news
is that the M300 is on the CD so I will email via SendItNow.com as soon
as I have it back.

Regards
Echy

Melbourne, Australia
www.visitvictoria.com
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 23, 2005 12:58:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

Echy wrote:
> dickydoo wrote:
>
>> "Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> news:4308f860$0$8993$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>>
>>> Echy wrote:
>>>
>>>> dickydoo wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.
>>>>
>>>> Echy
>>>
>>>
>>> Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
>>> it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.
>>>
>>> Echy
>>
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>>
>
> I'm slowly getting there ! Discovered that a colleague lent the CD to
> someone. I will have it back in about 14 hours from now. The good news
> is that the M300 is on the CD so I will email via SendItNow.com as soon
> as I have it back.
>
> Regards
> Echy
>
> Melbourne, Australia
> www.visitvictoria.com

Meant to say - via YouSendIt.com
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 23, 2005 5:23:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

"Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:430a58aa$0$17734$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Echy wrote:
> > dickydoo wrote:
> >
> >> "Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> >> news:4308f860$0$8993$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> >>
> >>> Echy wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> dickydoo wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>> Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.
> >>>>
> >>>> Echy
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to
find
> >>> it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.
> >>>
> >>> Echy
> >>
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help.
> >>
> >>
> >
> > I'm slowly getting there ! Discovered that a colleague lent the CD to
> > someone. I will have it back in about 14 hours from now. The good news
> > is that the M300 is on the CD so I will email via SendItNow.com as soon
> > as I have it back.
> >
> > Regards
> > Echy
> >
> > Melbourne, Australia
> > www.visitvictoria.com
>
> Meant to say - via YouSendIt.com

Cheers.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 24, 2005 11:35:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

dickydoo wrote:
> "Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:430a58aa$0$17734$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>
>>Echy wrote:
>>
>>>dickydoo wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>"Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>>>news:4308f860$0$8993$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Echy wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>dickydoo wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Echy
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to
>
> find
>
>>>>>it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.
>>>>>
>>>>>Echy
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>I'm slowly getting there ! Discovered that a colleague lent the CD to
>>>someone. I will have it back in about 14 hours from now. The good news
>>>is that the M300 is on the CD so I will email via SendItNow.com as soon
>>>as I have it back.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>Echy
>>>
>>>Melbourne, Australia
>>>www.visitvictoria.com
>>
>>Meant to say - via YouSendIt.com
>
>
> Cheers.
>
>

Hello again

Apologies for the delay. I only got the CD back 10 minutes ago. I am
about to send it to you. It is a large file - 10.5 MB and I am only on
a dial up connection this morning as our broadband link down, so it will
take some time to reach you. Coming via YouSendIt.com .

Regards
Echy
Melbourne, Australia
www.visitvictoria.com
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 24, 2005 2:59:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

Got it .Many thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 27, 2005 4:37:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

Any suggestions on what make of 256 MB RAM card to install ?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 16, 2005 1:33:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

These are lovely laptops but very picky about memory :

Of the three chips i have tried so far only one works ,

256MB ibm pc100 - won't even boot (but might be dodgy chip)
128mb micron pc133 - works great
256mb compaq pc133 - boots but errors in memtest86 and os wont start

all are CL3 , has anyone tried CL2 chips ?

can anyone recommend a specific 256 SODIMM that works ?
!