compaq armada m300 p3 600

Hi folks,
Just got a 2nd hand one .It came with one power adapter, is this
multifunctional for the docking bay and the laptop ? It has no users manual
with it. Thanks for any help.
14 answers Last reply
More about compaq armada m300

    Yes, the power adapter works with both the MEU and the system.

    Lots of information available if you go to www.hp.com/support select the US
    and enter Armada M300 in the little box. You will have access to all the
    documentation and software updates..

    You might want to upgrade the memory by adding a 256MB chip (under the
    keyboard) and then it runs XP really nicely (I have 2 of them like that )

    --
    Bill

    dickydoo wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    > Just got a 2nd hand one .It came with one power adapter, is this
    > multifunctional for the docking bay and the laptop ? It has no users manual
    > with it. Thanks for any help.

    Are you sure that is the model number as it looks a little unusual for a
    Compaq to me. If you can confirm, I may be able to locate a user
    manual in my archives for you. If I have it, it will be in PDF format.

    Regards
    Echy
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.visitvictoria.com

    Hi Echy,
    Here is the specs that it has. Would appreciate any help with manual.
    I have the power supply sussed .When it is docked it plugs into docking bay
    to feed the laptop. Undocked power is provided by internal batt or the same
    power pack.
    Compaq Armada M300 slim, light laptop.
    The laptop build in Magnesium metal house cover, very reliable.

    CPU:P3 600MHZ
    RAM:128MB
    HDD: 30GB
    12.1 TFT(1024x768)
    1xUSB Port
    1xSerial port
    1x Print port
    1xinfrare
    Build in Lan and 56k modem, internet ready.
    Touch pad mouse.
    Window 98 SEC installed.
    Came with a docking station include a cdrom and FDD.

    "Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > dickydoo wrote:
    > > Hi folks,
    > > Just got a 2nd hand one .It came with one power adapter, is this
    > > multifunctional for the docking bay and the laptop ? It has no users
    manual
    > > with it. Thanks for any help.
    > >

    > Are you sure that is the model number as it looks a little unusual for a
    > Compaq to me. If you can confirm, I may be able to locate a user
    > manual in my archives for you. If I have it, it will be in PDF format.
    >
    > Regards
    > Echy
    > Melbourne, Australia
    > www.visitvictoria.com

    Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?

    dickydoo wrote:
    > Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?

    I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.

    Echy
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Echy wrote:
    > dickydoo wrote:
    >
    >> Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?
    >>

    > I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.
    >
    > Echy

    Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
    it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.

    Echy
  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    > Echy wrote:
    > > dickydoo wrote:
    > >
    > >> Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?
    > >>

    > > I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.
    > >
    > > Echy
    >
    > Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
    > it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.
    >
    > Echy
    Thanks for your help.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    dickydoo wrote:
    > "Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >
    >>Echy wrote:

    >>>I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.
    >>>
    >>>Echy
    >>
    >>Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
    >>it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.
    >>
    >>Echy
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    I'm slowly getting there ! Discovered that a colleague lent the CD to
    someone. I will have it back in about 14 hours from now. The good news
    is that the M300 is on the CD so I will email via SendItNow.com as soon
    as I have it back.

    Regards
    Echy

    Melbourne, Australia
    www.visitvictoria.com
  9. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Echy wrote:
    > dickydoo wrote:
    >
    >> "Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

    >>> Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
    >>> it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.
    >>>
    >>> Echy
    >>

    >> Thanks for your help.
    >>

    > I'm slowly getting there ! Discovered that a colleague lent the CD to
    > someone. I will have it back in about 14 hours from now. The good news
    > is that the M300 is on the CD so I will email via SendItNow.com as soon
    > as I have it back.
    >
    > Regards
    > Echy
    >
    > Melbourne, Australia
    > www.visitvictoria.com

    Meant to say - via YouSendIt.com
  10. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    > Echy wrote:
    > > dickydoo wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

    > >> Thanks for your help.
    > >>

    > > I'm slowly getting there ! Discovered that a colleague lent the CD to
    > > someone. I will have it back in about 14 hours from now. The good news
    > > is that the M300 is on the CD so I will email via SendItNow.com as soon
    > > as I have it back.
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > Echy
    > >
    > > Melbourne, Australia
    > > www.visitvictoria.com
    >
    > Meant to say - via YouSendIt.com

    Cheers.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    dickydoo wrote:
    > "Echy" <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >
    >>Echy wrote:

    > find

    >>>I'm slowly getting there ! Discovered that a colleague lent the CD to
    >>>someone. I will have it back in about 14 hours from now. The good news
    >>>is that the M300 is on the CD so I will email via SendItNow.com as soon
    >>>as I have it back.
    >>>
    >>>Regards
    >>>Echy
    >>>
    >>>Melbourne, Australia
    >>>www.visitvictoria.com
    >>
    >>Meant to say - via YouSendIt.com
    >

    > Cheers.

    Hello again

    Apologies for the delay. I only got the CD back 10 minutes ago. I am
    about to send it to you. It is a large file - 10.5 MB and I am only on
    a dial up connection this morning as our broadband link down, so it will
    take some time to reach you. Coming via YouSendIt.com .

    Regards
    Echy
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.visitvictoria.com
  12. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Got it .Many thanks.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Any suggestions on what make of 256 MB RAM card to install ?
  14. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    These are lovely laptops but very picky about memory :

    Of the three chips i have tried so far only one works ,

    256MB ibm pc100 - won't even boot (but might be dodgy chip)
    128mb micron pc133 - works great
    256mb compaq pc133 - boots but errors in memtest86 and os wont start

    all are CL3 , has anyone tried CL2 chips ?

    can anyone recommend a specific 256 SODIMM that works ?

Compaq Laptops Power Adapter Computers