Motherboard Temp

Mike_Vick

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2003
I'm running an Asus A7V at 40-42C--is this too hot? My CPU temp is fine (53C), but I'm wondering if 40-42 is too warm for the mobo? Thanks!

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
I would say no. I am running an Asus TUV4X and it has been at 40-42C for quite some time. Less if the room is cooler.
However, I have some problems with all the cables in my case although I have an extra intake and outake fan.

So if you think harm will come to your system in the short term I doubt it very much. But as you know may know, running things at a lower temperature extends their life.

Have you added any case fans?

Adding a case fan could drop your temp by as much a few degrees C.
Another thing to consider is the temperature in the room.
I have noticed people getting worried because it is summer and rooms are a bit warmer. The room temperature makes a big difference. Turn on some AC if you can and you should see things drop.

Adding a better heat sink to the CPU can help things a little more. (Between case temp and CPU temp).

My machine with a similar processor but with a lot less stuff attached and slower cooler disks has the Mobo temp at
34 and the cpu at 39. The cluttered machine is 40 and 47.5
At rest. (The processors are less than what you have).

The loving are the daring!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flinx on 07/31/03 09:54 AM.</EM></FONT></P>