Sign in with
Your question

Borderlands 2 Framerate Drops w/ GTX 680

Last response: in Video Games
December 19, 2012 8:29:35 PM

Hello all,
I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I just started playing Borderlands 2 in earnest and have noticed severe framerate hitches. They were severe when I was playing the game at high and even medium PhysX settings, so I turned PhysX to low (leaving everything else maxed) but some drops still persisted. Predictably, these drops come in larger areas with a higher concentration of enemies. My drivers are all updated to the latest version.

Specs:
GTX 680 2gb
i7 3770k @ 3.5
P8 z77 V-LK mobo
16 GB ram
256 GB SSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
December 19, 2012 9:20:58 PM

jb6503 said:
Hello all,
I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I just started playing Borderlands 2 in earnest and have noticed severe framerate hitches. They were severe when I was playing the game at high and even medium PhysX settings, so I turned PhysX to low (leaving everything else maxed) but some drops still persisted. Predictably, these drops come in larger areas with a higher concentration of enemies. My drivers are all updated to the latest version.

Specs:
GTX 680 2gb
i7 3770k @ 3.5
P8 z77 V-LK mobo
16 GB ram
256 GB SSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

"Predictably, these drops come in larger areas with a higher concentration of enemies". You said it yourself, more Visuals Means worse performance.

What resolution are you playing at?
m
l
December 19, 2012 11:33:24 PM

I'm playing at 1920x1080
I understand the tradeoff, but my system should have no problem running the game, even at that resolution
m
l
December 20, 2012 6:15:08 AM

jb6503 said:
I'm playing at 1920x1080
I understand the tradeoff, but my system should have no problem running the game, even at that resolution

That is strange yeah. It could be your PSU but I doubt it. What framerates are you getting?
m
l
!