Borderlands 2 Framerate Drops w/ GTX 680

Hello all,
I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I just started playing Borderlands 2 in earnest and have noticed severe framerate hitches. They were severe when I was playing the game at high and even medium PhysX settings, so I turned PhysX to low (leaving everything else maxed) but some drops still persisted. Predictably, these drops come in larger areas with a higher concentration of enemies. My drivers are all updated to the latest version.

Specs:
GTX 680 2gb
i7 3770k @ 3.5
P8 z77 V-LK mobo
16 GB ram
256 GB SSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about borderlands framerate drops
  1. jb6503 said:
    Hello all,
    I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I just started playing Borderlands 2 in earnest and have noticed severe framerate hitches. They were severe when I was playing the game at high and even medium PhysX settings, so I turned PhysX to low (leaving everything else maxed) but some drops still persisted. Predictably, these drops come in larger areas with a higher concentration of enemies. My drivers are all updated to the latest version.

Specs:
    GTX 680 2gb
    i7 3770k @ 3.5
    P8 z77 V-LK mobo
    16 GB ram
    256 GB SSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

"Predictably, these drops come in larger areas with a higher concentration of enemies". You said it yourself, more Visuals Means worse performance.

What resolution are you playing at?
  2. I'm playing at 1920x1080
    I understand the tradeoff, but my system should have no problem running the game, even at that resolution
  3. jb6503 said:
    I'm playing at 1920x1080
    I understand the tradeoff, but my system should have no problem running the game, even at that resolution

That is strange yeah. It could be your PSU but I doubt it. What framerates are you getting?
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Gtx Framerate Physx Video Games