Solved

Gaming Headphones?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Headphones
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
December 19, 2012 11:54:47 PM

I'm looking to invest into a good pair of headphones for once since I seem to play alot of fps games and sound is kind of a big deal. I'm currently using motherboard sound, my board is a Biostar H61MGC. Now I'm looking to spend hopefully no more than 200ish.

What I've been debating is buying a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700s along with a ASUS Xonar DX 7.1

Option #2 was buying a pair of Sennheiser PC350s, but I may not be able to get a sound card in addition to this headset.

To any audio experts out there, are the Sennheisers worth the extra cash? Are they much better/better at all than the AD700s?

More about : gaming headphones

December 20, 2012 6:26:35 AM

i don't know much, but the only headsets i have ever tried other than the one i own are the ones by turtle beach. They had a demo at best buy and the sound was amazing, but i hear they break easy :(  but you could look them up
m
l

Best solution

December 21, 2012 2:26:41 PM

well let me just recommend you an off-brand: somic g927
it's a 7.1 gaming headset which cost me about 30$ and it is amazing:
1. the sound is clear, high quality and noise canceling.
2. the microphone is awesome as well: my friend has steelseries and it's a better mic then his.
3. IT"S ******* CHEAP.
i know all this cuz i own them, and i play bf3. trust me on this, don't spend so much money when you can buy something better and cheaper.
there are other modules of course, some are better; but i can recommend you on this one cuz i have it.
it's an off brand, so you can only get it on ebay though.
Related resources
December 21, 2012 9:39:31 PM

Check out the Plantronics GameCon 780. A great 7.1 headset at a great price.
m
l
December 21, 2012 9:41:45 PM

Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset :)  I use it and its so awesome, compared to the Logitech G330
m
l
December 21, 2012 9:55:23 PM

Avinoam73 said:
well let me just recommend you an off-brand: somic g927
it's a 7.1 gaming headset which cost me about 30$ and it is amazing:
1. the sound is clear, high quality and noise canceling.
2. the microphone is awesome as well: my friend has steelseries and it's a better mic then his.
3. IT"S ******* CHEAP.
i know all this cuz i own them, and i play bf3. trust me on this, don't spend so much money when you can buy something better and cheaper.
there are other modules of course, some are better; but i can recommend you on this one cuz i have it.
it's an off brand, so you can only get it on ebay though.

I may pick up a set of those. Those look sweet, and right about the max I would want to spend also.
m
l
December 29, 2012 6:11:25 AM

Best answer selected by zex_vex55.
m
l
!