HOW TO CHAGE THE BIOS ON A GATEWAY COMPUTER

cesar03

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2003
I got a Gateway computer and wold like to tweek it but the BIOS can not be adjusted.
The board is an Intel d845pt,Ive tried to flash it with the Intell BIOS update but I had problems rebooting.so I flashed it with the BIOS update from Gateway and that fixed the problem.but I still can't tweek it.
Is there another way to chage the BIOS version or anothere way to tweek it?.
Ive heard something about changing the BIOS chip set but Im not sure how,if I could or were I can get it from.
Thans in advance!!!!!!!!!!!
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by cesar03 on 08/02/03 12:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
no...there really is no way...

The best advice i can give is find a now cheep 845 based board...you can pick one up for less than 100bux...if you have more money go for the 865 based boards...

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
Hmm good point...it should fit the case i however do not know if all the mounting posts will line up...i don't know if gateway follows the ATX formfactor...what is your exact model...also if anyone else has a gateway case...is yours up to spec with ATX?

My guess is most brands are atx these days...

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Most Gateways use either ATX or Micro ATX boards. If you had a picture of the back of your case, it would be helpfull. If you could simply count the number of expansion slots on the back of the case, that would be a good start.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
hmmm...off the top of my head i cannot think of any intel micro atx boards...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I don't remember asking you how many expansion slots your BOARD had, I asked how many your CASE had. Some manufacturers put Micro ATX boards in standard ATX cases!

Assuming you have only 4 slots in YOUR CASE, your only option would be Micro ATX for a board. The best P4 Micro ATX board is the Asus P4P800-VM.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>