• Configuration
  • Notebooks
  • Games
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
November 1, 2010 12:48:34 AM

Hello all!

i juz bought 3 cd games for computer. 1 is yahoo games, 1 is CSI and another one is sims 3. i could install the games on my notebook, but when i want to play them, they will bring hang and unresponsive to my notebook. i have to restart again n again... tried to run the games again, the same prob occures. fed up witth this W7, i think i want to change back to XP. i love to play games, but with W7, it seems very difficult for me. anyone can help me? thanks!

More about : problem running games

November 1, 2010 2:01:24 AM

Have you tried right mouse clicking on the executable of the game, then going into Properties and then click on the [Compatibility] tab and selecting the option "Run this program in compatibility mode for"?

See if that helps.
m
l
November 1, 2010 4:37:04 AM

superfishnz said:
Have you tried right mouse clicking on the executable of the game, then going into Properties and then click on the [Compatibility] tab and selecting the option "Run this program in compatibility mode for"?

See if that helps.

thanks for ur suggestion. ill try to do it first... before set my OS to XP. hehehhe.. really it brings frustrated to me last nite... actually i enjoy using W7, better feature and easy to manage. my prob only this. the cd said only XP n vista OS support these games.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 1, 2010 6:21:58 AM

If it worked in Vista, it should work in W7 as well. They are very similar under the skin.
m
l
November 1, 2010 4:05:24 PM

Just know that XP won't be supported for much longer. And I can verify that Sims 3 works on Win7 with no problems.
m
l
November 1, 2010 6:31:02 PM

I have run a few old games in Win7 64bit. Even if compatibility mode does not work, they can be run in XP mode.
m
l
November 2, 2010 7:23:39 AM

Herr_Koos said:
If it worked in Vista, it should work in W7 as well. They are very similar under the skin.

what u said its true! one more thing, i have my old games on pendrive. all the games i can play very well. and they are from my old notebook, previously i used XP. but when i tried to play from these new cds it brings prob to my notebook.
m
l
November 2, 2010 7:28:25 AM

bdcrlsn said:
Just know that XP won't be supported for much longer. And I can verify that Sims 3 works on Win7 with no problems.

i havent tried yet the sims 3 cd. hope it will work. hehehehhe. but for CSI, totally cant play at all even i tried to make it as first reply ask me to do. also cant play it. i tried to put compatibility mode for xp service pack bla bla... still cannot. but during installation succeed. is it my cd broken? i dont think so cuz i still can download the cd to my notebook.

i shall update to you guys if i manage to solve this situation. thanks all :) 
m
l
!