Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What Michael Jackson and Verizon Wireless have in common

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 16, 2005 9:45:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Michael Jackson makes great music, but I would be concerned if he wanted to
spend time with my children. Just because he makes great music, doesn't
make him trustworthy.

Verizon Wireless has great service, but:
1) if they offered a plan for LIFE, yet the contract said they could
cancel/change it at any time. Would you trust them, when they said, "trust
us, ignore that fine print, we wouldn't do that?"
2) if they had business contracts that said that they are under no
obligation to act in good faith or fair dealing. Would you trust them after
three years of investment, as they just walk away and leave you holding the
bag. But when you signed up, they said that is just legal "stuff", we
wouldn't do that?"
3) if they said we won't publish your name in a telephone directory, but on
their web site they state that they have ALREADY shared all customer
information with 3rd party marketing companies....

Maybe I'm slow.... but if anybody else feels like we do, then please send
mail to see about joining a class-action@wiremore.biz We are looking for
interest in helping the system improve, because without an outside agent, or
"pain," things will stay the way they are. FYI: 39 Attorney Generals going
after Verizon Wireless, and 3 class action suites in the same number of
years might cause some folks some concern. They used to be #1 in customer
service, now slipping to #3. We used to say they were the "best of the
worse", so at number 3, they would be the average worst carrier.

But they do have good service... trust me, Psst: how do we know they have
such good service and coverage? Aside from personal experience, Verizon
tells us they do! And they wouldn't lie to us, now would they? Your phone
works in the swamp; your phone works in an elevator; and for those of you
that thought the phone would work in your house, remember even the president
of verizon wireless things that your (you customers) expectations are too
high! And I love when customer service says (about coverage) what you see
on TV is just marketing.... your phone won't work in an elevator, swamp,
etc.... so if you can't believe what they say, can't believe what they
write... take charge and do something. But remember, they do have good
coverage...

dr

If interested in leading, participating, or following a class-action suite:
send mail to class-action@wiremore.biz No promises, we are just gathering
momentum. So far, only 1 attorney general on board, but we are growing
momentum.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 16, 2005 9:45:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

dr.wireMORE@formerVZW-MidWESTma wrote:
> Michael Jackson makes great music, but I would be concerned if he wanted to
> spend time with my children. Just because he makes great music, doesn't
> make him trustworthy.

Nah, he doesn't even make great music anymore :) 



--
JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 16, 2005 6:19:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

dr.wireMORE@formerVZW-MidWESTma wrote:
> Michael Jackson makes great music, but I would be concerned if he wanted to
> spend time with my children. Just because he makes great music, doesn't
> make him trustworthy.

I can understand that you are miffed because you lost your agency
contract with VZW, and VZW does have some very nefarious and shady
things going on with it. I am not a VZW customer, nor do I like to
defend their practices. However, the Michael Jackson reference is a
little over the top, and bordering on trollish, don't you think?


> Verizon Wireless has great service, but:
> 1) if they offered a plan for LIFE, yet the contract said they could
> cancel/change it at any time. Would you trust them, when they said, "trust
> us, ignore that fine print, we wouldn't do that?"

Fortunately for Verizon, they don't offer a plan for life, do they?

> 2) if they had business contracts that said that they are under no
> obligation to act in good faith or fair dealing. Would you trust them after
> three years of investment, as they just walk away and leave you holding the
> bag. But when you signed up, they said that is just legal "stuff", we
> wouldn't do that?"

Fortunately for Verizon, they have no contracts which state they are
under no obligation to act in good faith or fair dealing, do they?

> 3) if they said we won't publish your name in a telephone directory, but on
> their web site they state that they have ALREADY shared all customer
> information with 3rd party marketing companies....

Two different things, and Verizon has been against a wireless phone
directory from the beginning.


> Maybe I'm slow.... but if anybody else feels like we do, then please send
> mail to see about joining a class-action

Oh here we go...

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 17, 2005 8:22:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Just responding to the reply:

>> Verizon Wireless has great service, but:
>> 1) if they offered a plan for LIFE, yet the contract said they could
>> cancel/change it at any time. Would you trust them, when they said,
>> "trust us, ignore that fine print, we wouldn't do that?"

Fortunately for Verizon, they don't offer a plan for life, do they?
Yes, they have offered for a number of years, mobile-to-mobile for life;
nation wide long distance for life, etc. This is pretty old news

>> 2) if they had business contracts that said that they are under no
>> obligation to act in good faith or fair dealing. Would you trust them
>> after three years of investment, as they just walk away and leave you
>> holding the bag. But when you signed up, they said that is just legal
>> "stuff", we wouldn't do that?"
>
> Fortunately for Verizon, they have no contracts which state they are under
> no obligation to act in good faith or fair dealing, do they?

Yes they do, you just haven't seen them.

>
>> 3) if they said we won't publish your name in a telephone directory, but
>> on their web site they state that they have ALREADY shared all customer
>> information with 3rd party marketing companies....
>
> Two different things, and Verizon has been against a wireless phone
> directory from the beginning.

Nope, you've misunderstood. They "say" they are against publishing your
name, but if you check the vzw web site, they disclose that they have
already given out your name to 3rd party marketing people. And to your
point, they suggest that for your "protection" you log your cell phone on
the federal do-not-call list. They have already published your number..2
yrs ago. You don't' need a do-not-call list, if your number is always
secret, now do you?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 18, 2005 2:55:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

dr.wireMORE@formerVZW-MidWESTma wrote:
> Just responding to the reply:
>
>
>>>Verizon Wireless has great service, but:
>>>1) if they offered a plan for LIFE, yet the contract said they could
>>>cancel/change it at any time. Would you trust them, when they said,
>>>"trust us, ignore that fine print, we wouldn't do that?"
>
>
>> Fortunately for Verizon, they don't offer a plan for life, do they?

> Yes, they have offered for a number of years, mobile-to-mobile for life;
> nation wide long distance for life, etc. This is pretty old news

Really? Can you show us the literature on these plans? And note, per
your claim, the lngauge must say for LIFE. Not the life of the
contract, or the life of the plan, but for LIFE, as you have stated.

>>>2) if they had business contracts that said that they are under no
>>>obligation to act in good faith or fair dealing. Would you trust them
>>>after three years of investment, as they just walk away and leave you
>>>holding the bag. But when you signed up, they said that is just legal
>>>"stuff", we wouldn't do that?"
>>
>>Fortunately for Verizon, they have no contracts which state they are under
>>no obligation to act in good faith or fair dealing, do they?
>
>
> Yes they do, you just haven't seen them.

Then show me. I'm sure you have at the very least a camera phone; show
us a signed, executed contract in which Verizon is a party and they
state those terms exactly as you have specified them: that they are
"under no obligation to act in good faith or fair dealing."

I await with baited breath your examples.

>>Two different things, and Verizon has been against a wireless phone
>>directory from the beginning.
>
>
> Nope, you've misunderstood. They "say" they are against publishing your
> name, but if you check the vzw web site, they disclose that they have
> already given out your name to 3rd party marketing people.

Oh, you mean like they "say" that you get Mobile to mobile minutes for
life? Becuase I've never heard them "say" that at all.


> And to your
> point, they suggest that for your "protection" you log your cell phone on
> the federal do-not-call list. They have already published your number..2
> yrs ago. You don't' need a do-not-call list, if your number is always
> secret, now do you?

Your flawed, fearmongering logic doesn't follow. The Do Not Call list
is ineffective against businesses that you do business with. Verizon is
perfectly within their rights to contact their subscribers even if their
number is on the Do Not Call list. And in regards to telemarketers with
which you have NOT done business, it's simple common sense that if the
offenses can be piled on, it makes sense to enable the rules governing
those offenses, no?


--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 19, 2005 6:56:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Doc, you sound like sour grapes. I've been with VZW for over ten years. I
find their service to be good & their customer service is good too.


"dr.wireMORE@formerVZW-MidWESTma" <dr.wireMORE@formerVZW-MidWESTma.com>
wrote in message news:3sWhe.159$Nw4.116@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> Michael Jackson makes great music, but I would be concerned if he wanted
> to spend time with my children. Just because he makes great music,
> doesn't make him trustworthy.
>
> Verizon Wireless has great service, but:
> 1) if they offered a plan for LIFE, yet the contract said they could
> cancel/change it at any time. Would you trust them, when they said,
> "trust us, ignore that fine print, we wouldn't do that?"
> 2) if they had business contracts that said that they are under no
> obligation to act in good faith or fair dealing. Would you trust them
> after three years of investment, as they just walk away and leave you
> holding the bag. But when you signed up, they said that is just legal
> "stuff", we wouldn't do that?"
> 3) if they said we won't publish your name in a telephone directory, but
> on their web site they state that they have ALREADY shared all customer
> information with 3rd party marketing companies....
>
> Maybe I'm slow.... but if anybody else feels like we do, then please send
> mail to see about joining a class-action@wiremore.biz We are looking for
> interest in helping the system improve, because without an outside agent,
> or "pain," things will stay the way they are. FYI: 39 Attorney Generals
> going after Verizon Wireless, and 3 class action suites in the same number
> of years might cause some folks some concern. They used to be #1 in
> customer service, now slipping to #3. We used to say they were the "best
> of the worse", so at number 3, they would be the average worst carrier.
>
> But they do have good service... trust me, Psst: how do we know they
> have such good service and coverage? Aside from personal experience,
> Verizon tells us they do! And they wouldn't lie to us, now would they?
> Your phone works in the swamp; your phone works in an elevator; and for
> those of you that thought the phone would work in your house, remember
> even the president of verizon wireless things that your (you customers)
> expectations are too high! And I love when customer service says (about
> coverage) what you see on TV is just marketing.... your phone won't work
> in an elevator, swamp, etc.... so if you can't believe what they say,
> can't believe what they write... take charge and do something. But
> remember, they do have good coverage...
>
> dr
>
> If interested in leading, participating, or following a class-action
> suite: send mail to class-action@wiremore.biz No promises, we are just
> gathering momentum. So far, only 1 attorney general on board, but we are
> growing momentum.
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 19, 2005 6:57:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Doc, it sounds like you have sour grapes because VZW cancelled yourt agent
contract.


"dr.wireMORE@formerVZW-MidWESTma" <dr.wireMORE@formerVZW-MidWESTma.com>
wrote in message news:3sWhe.159$Nw4.116@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> Michael Jackson makes great music, but I would be concerned if he wanted
> to spend time with my children. Just because he makes great music,
> doesn't make him trustworthy.
>
> Verizon Wireless has great service, but:
> 1) if they offered a plan for LIFE, yet the contract said they could
> cancel/change it at any time. Would you trust them, when they said,
> "trust us, ignore that fine print, we wouldn't do that?"
> 2) if they had business contracts that said that they are under no
> obligation to act in good faith or fair dealing. Would you trust them
> after three years of investment, as they just walk away and leave you
> holding the bag. But when you signed up, they said that is just legal
> "stuff", we wouldn't do that?"
> 3) if they said we won't publish your name in a telephone directory, but
> on their web site they state that they have ALREADY shared all customer
> information with 3rd party marketing companies....
>
> Maybe I'm slow.... but if anybody else feels like we do, then please send
> mail to see about joining a class-action@wiremore.biz We are looking for
> interest in helping the system improve, because without an outside agent,
> or "pain," things will stay the way they are. FYI: 39 Attorney Generals
> going after Verizon Wireless, and 3 class action suites in the same number
> of years might cause some folks some concern. They used to be #1 in
> customer service, now slipping to #3. We used to say they were the "best
> of the worse", so at number 3, they would be the average worst carrier.
>
> But they do have good service... trust me, Psst: how do we know they
> have such good service and coverage? Aside from personal experience,
> Verizon tells us they do! And they wouldn't lie to us, now would they?
> Your phone works in the swamp; your phone works in an elevator; and for
> those of you that thought the phone would work in your house, remember
> even the president of verizon wireless things that your (you customers)
> expectations are too high! And I love when customer service says (about
> coverage) what you see on TV is just marketing.... your phone won't work
> in an elevator, swamp, etc.... so if you can't believe what they say,
> can't believe what they write... take charge and do something. But
> remember, they do have good coverage...
>
> dr
>
> If interested in leading, participating, or following a class-action
> suite: send mail to class-action@wiremore.biz No promises, we are just
> gathering momentum. So far, only 1 attorney general on board, but we are
> growing momentum.
>
>
>
!