How do I measure my CPU temperature

Hello
I would like to measure the temperature of my CPU. I have the Asus P4P800 Deluxe mother board with the P4 2.8GHz (C - 800MHz FSB) processor. Is there a way to do this from windows? I believe there is a place I can do this from the BIOS, but I'd like to get the temperature in "real time" since I have low noise/low power fans and I want to check for stability

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about measure temperature
  1. here's what I would do:

While your computer is on doing normal apps, (windows, games, word, etc, etc) I would open my comp case. Take off the heatsink and touch the end of a thermometer on top of the cpu directly.

If you are however lazy, just go get MOBO monitor or someother program.
  2. Motherboard Monitor 5.3.3.0 aka MBM5 will do the job for you, so no need to take apart your case :)

If I agree with you... will you shut up?
    <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>
  3. Asus should have provided software with your motherboard which allows for real-time temp and voltage monitoring... check your software/add-ons CD

<b>Well, got DSL back - now I need to split my connection through my comp and switch, stupid new modem doesn't have built-in router... urgh. One good thing though - watercooling!!</b>
  4. Too bad Asus' Anal Probe sucks.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:
  5. tru, but its better than MSI's PC Alert 4... wonder why on one has ever tried contacting the MBM5 guy and getting him to design their mobo software monitor... hmm

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>
  6. Maybe they did, but he doesn't want it because he wants the program to be free. If a company hires him all his coding will probably get bought and MBM will get shareware.

Something similair happened to jv16 PowerTools I think.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:
  7. true true... good, heh

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Temperature Motherboards CPUs Overclocking