Sign in with
Your question

How do I measure my CPU temperature

Last response: in Overclocking
August 5, 2003 6:40:31 PM

Hello
I would like to measure the temperature of my CPU. I have the Asus P4P800 Deluxe mother board with the P4 2.8GHz (C - 800MHz FSB) processor. Is there a way to do this from windows? I believe there is a place I can do this from the BIOS, but I'd like to get the temperature in "real time" since I have low noise/low power fans and I want to check for stability

Thanks
August 5, 2003 9:08:26 PM

here's what I would do:

While your computer is on doing normal apps, (windows, games, word, etc, etc) I would open my comp case. Take off the heatsink and touch the end of a thermometer on top of the cpu directly.

If you are however lazy, just go get MOBO monitor or someother program.
August 6, 2003 11:48:48 AM

Motherboard Monitor 5.3.3.0 aka MBM5 will do the job for you, so no need to take apart your case :) 

If I agree with you... will you shut up?
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>
Related resources
August 7, 2003 12:18:07 PM

Asus should have provided software with your motherboard which allows for real-time temp and voltage monitoring... check your software/add-ons CD

<b>Well, got DSL back - now I need to split my connection through my comp and switch, stupid new modem doesn't have built-in router... urgh. One good thing though - watercooling!!</b>
August 7, 2003 2:42:41 PM

Too bad Asus' Anal Probe sucks.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek: 
August 7, 2003 4:12:54 PM

tru, but its better than MSI's PC Alert 4... wonder why on one has ever tried contacting the MBM5 guy and getting him to design their mobo software monitor... hmm

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>
August 8, 2003 4:44:24 PM

Maybe they did, but he doesn't want it because he wants the program to be free. If a company hires him all his coding will probably get bought and MBM will get shareware.

Something similair happened to jv16 PowerTools I think.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek: 
August 8, 2003 8:50:35 PM

true true... good, heh

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>
!