Compaq PResario 7000 series front panel connectors

I have replaced a motherboard for a friend on a Compaq Presario 7000
series. The new motherboard front panel pins do not match exactly the
molex connector supplied by Compaq. I can extract the pins/wires from
the molex, but i need to know what colors go to what on the
motherboard.

Thanks,
-myk
1 answer Last reply
More about compaq presario 7000 series front panel connectors

    Presario 7000 covers a lot of ground. HP is not exactly forthcoming with
    detailed info about front panel wiring.

    I would suggest doing what I did with a client's Presario system in need of a
    replacement non-Compaq motherboard.

    For the on-off button, power LED and hard drive LED, get yourself an old junked
    computer case and remove these items to use in the Compaq case. Rewiring the
    Compaq case is pretty simple this way, and the result is clean, not messy. For
    front panel USB, do pretty much the same. You need to refer to the specs for
    the replacement motherboard to determine where everything connects up.

    .... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:33:53 GMT, myk.robinson@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
    (myk.robinson) wrote:

    >I have replaced a motherboard for a friend on a Compaq Presario 7000
    >series. The new motherboard front panel pins do not match exactly the
    >molex connector supplied by Compaq. I can extract the pins/wires from
    >the molex, but i need to know what colors go to what on the
    >motherboard.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >-myk

Compaq Presario Front Panel Motherboards Computers