phone and service questions

Last response: in Network Providers
May 16, 2005 10:23:13 PM

How can I tell if and when verizon will offer a local exchange in my area? I
want to switch to them but they don't offer a local exchange. They are
placing an antenna on the water tower close to my house this summer.

What phones will be out this summer or fall that have push to talk,
bluetooth and vcast?
thanks
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 11:15:40 PM

On Mon, 16 May 2005 18:23:13 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>How can I tell if and when verizon will offer a local exchange in my area? I
>want to switch to them but they don't offer a local exchange. They are
>placing an antenna on the water tower close to my house this summer.

You asked this before, and I suggested that you call VZW and ask them.
Did you do that?

>What phones will be out this summer or fall that have push to talk,
>bluetooth and vcast?
>thanks

VZW doesn't even know, so how would we?
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 11:37:17 PM

verizon couldnt tell me when/if they will offer a local exchange. I figured
there was another way to know if/when they will offer a local exchange in my
area.

"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 May 2005 18:23:13 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
> <mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>How can I tell if and when verizon will offer a local exchange in my area?
>>want to switch to them but they don't offer a local exchange. They are
>>placing an antenna on the water tower close to my house this summer.
>
> You asked this before, and I suggested that you call VZW and ask them.
> Did you do that?
>
>>What phones will be out this summer or fall that have push to talk,
>>bluetooth and vcast?
>>thanks
>>

> VZW doesn't even know, so how would we?

May 17, 2005 12:53:23 AM

On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:37:17 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>verizon couldnt tell me when/if they will offer a local exchange. I figured
>there was another way to know if/when they will offer a local exchange in my
>area.

No, that decision can only be made by VZW, and only they know. Don't
stop with the first line reps, as they are generally clueless.
Management keeps them out of the loop until a final decision is made.
Even then, the first line CSRs are often the last to find out. Keep
asking to be bumped up to a supervisor until you find one who knows
about the site going up near you.
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 3:17:40 AM

VZW applies to NAMPA who then assigns a prefix and a start date. It would
then be listed at www.nampa.com. And so far, neither Wierton nor
Steubenvile have a new VZW assignment.

Bill Radio
http://www.mountainwireless.com

"michael e dziatkowicz" <mnmma@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How can I tell if and when verizon will offer a local exchange in my area?
> want to switch to them but they don't offer a local exchange. They are
> placing an antenna on the water tower close to my house this summer.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 1:26:00 AM

My guess is when the have a local exchange, you would see increased,
local advertising. Your local RadioShack would start selling them. Or
you could occasionally check their web site and put in your zip code.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 1:26:01 AM

I can buy service in my zipcode just they don't offer a local exchange yet.
With a new antenna going up in my area will they be more likely to offer a
local exchange?
thanks
"Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> My guess is when the have a local exchange, you would see increased, local
> advertising. Your local RadioShack would start selling them. Or you
> could occasionally check their web site and put in your zip code.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 6:52:39 PM

Well I guess. But when is the question. If the antennas going up on a
water tower include actual verizon antennas, not just some carrier you
could roam on, that would mean that verizon is growing and if they start
running out of numbers in their current exchanges, then the new
exchange(s) they add could include one/some local to you. As I recall
we did not have that problem here. When primeco launched, they had
local exchanges for all of the metro area.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 3:48:30 AM

they offer exchanges for the town next to mine,i think, but they dont offer
them here where i live. Yes they did ask the local water board if it would
be ok to place an verizon antenna on the local water tower near my house
about 6 weeks ago now.
> Well I guess. But when is the question. If the antennas going up on a
> water tower include actual verizon antennas, not just some carrier you
> could roam on, that would mean that verizon is growing and if they start
> running out of numbers in their current exchanges, then the new
> exchange(s) they add could include one/some local to you. As I recall we
> did not have that problem here. When primeco launched, they had local
> exchanges for all of the metro area.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 1:49:30 PM

On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:48:30 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:
>they offer exchanges for the town next to mine,i think, but they dont offer
>them here where i live.

Calling the town next to yours is a toll call?

--
Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
njtbob@X-verizon-X.net | rich writing software."

On Thu, 19 May 2005 09:49:30 GMT, Bob Scheurle
<njtbob@X-verizon-X.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:48:30 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
><mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:
>>they offer exchanges for the town next to mine,i think, but they dont offer
>>them here where i live.
>
>Calling the town next to yours is a toll call?

Yeah, it's like that in lots of places. I even know on an instance
around here where it is long distance to call across the *street*
(it's the border between BellSouth and Verizon landline areas that
serve different local calling areas).
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 12:59:13 AM

actually it isn't a toll call but they don't offer a exchange for verizon
wireless there. The exchange is 30 miles away. How can I tell if they will
be providing a local exchange here anytime soon? Cingular is screwing up our
bills big time and we want to switch as soon as possible.
"Bob Scheurle" <njtbob@X-verizon-X.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:48:30 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
> <mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:
>>they offer exchanges for the town next to mine,i think, but they dont
>>offer
>>them here where i live.
>
> Calling the town next to yours is a toll call?
>
> --
> Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
> njtbob@X-verizon-X.net | rich writing software."
> Remove X's and dashes | -- Bill Gates, March 1980
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:28:35 AM

nampa.com gets me to the nampa,idaho chamber of commerce. What is the
correct address?
"Bill Radio" <Wireless@MountainWirelessNOSPAN.com> wrote in message
> VZW applies to NAMPA who then assigns a prefix and a start date. It would
> then be listed at www.nampa.com. And so far, neither Wierton nor
> Steubenvile have a new VZW assignment.
>
> Bill Radio
> Click for Western U.S. Wireless Reviews at:
> http://www.mountainwireless.com
>

> "michael e dziatkowicz" <mnmma@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> How can I tell if and when verizon will offer a local exchange in my
>> area?
>> want to switch to them but they don't offer a local exchange. They are
>> placing an antenna on the water tower close to my house this summer.

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:52:36 AM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 20:59:13 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>actually it isn't a toll call but they don't offer a exchange for verizon
>wireless there. The exchange is 30 miles away. How can I tell if they will
>be providing a local exchange here anytime soon? Cingular is screwing up our
>bills big time and we want to switch as soon as possible.

You are obviously not going to get an answer to that question in this
group, because:

1. No one here knows for sure.
2. If any VZW employee here knew and posted about it, they would be
fired the next day.

Go to your nearest VZW store. Ask to speak with the manager. Explain
the situation to him/her. See what they say. You may just have to
face having to "wait and see".

Sorry.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:55:13 AM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 21:28:35 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>nampa

Change the "m" to an "n" and you're all set.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:59:35 AM

michael e dziatkowicz wrote:
> nampa.com gets me to the nampa,idaho chamber of commerce. What is the
> correct address?

naNpa.com

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 2:49:29 AM

ok how do i find out information about the exchanges in my city? Where do I
go when i get to the website?
"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
news:p qgq815k18rcsj7ngl1vl3qg0bo16lv9dc@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 21:28:35 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
> <mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>nampa
>
> Change the "m" to an "n" and you're all set.

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 3:30:50 AM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 22:49:29 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>ok how do i find out information about the exchanges in my city? Where do I
>go when i get to the website?

I would imagine you go to Reports | Central Office Codes | Central
Office Code Utilized Report or Central Office Code Assignment Records.

But Bill seems to have already looked up the info, if the city names
he gave are correct:

>"Bill Radio" <Wireless@MountainWirelessNOSPAN.com> wrote in message
>> VZW applies to NAMPA who then assigns a prefix and a start date. It would
>> then be listed at www.nampa.com. And so far, neither Wierton nor
>> Steubenvile have a new VZW assignment.

I still say you need to stop by a VZW store and speak with a manager.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 3:30:51 AM

The Ghost of General Lee wrote:

>>>VZW applies to NAMPA who then assigns a prefix and a start date. It would
>>>then be listed at www.nampa.com. And so far, neither Wierton nor
>>>Steubenvile have a new VZW assignment.
>

> I still say you need to stop by a VZW store and speak with a manager.

Weirton, WV? Steubenville, OH? That's right on the edge of Verizon coverage, if
it's covered at all. Don't like Cingular? Alltel might be an option.

**SJS (former Northeast Ohio resident and cellular user)

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 4:05:38 AM

i'd just like to see what codes are assigned to who. I know cricket is
launching here june1st so i'm interested in what code they were assigned as
well as if verizon has been granted any new codes.
"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
news:p 9mq81lpajiu30t3t2lrcb84qghtvrm42p@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 22:49:29 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
> <mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>ok how do i find out information about the exchanges in my city? Where do
>>go when i get to the website?
>
> I would imagine you go to Reports | Central Office Codes | Central
> Office Code Utilized Report or Central Office Code Assignment Records.
>
> But Bill seems to have already looked up the info, if the city names
> he gave are correct:
>
>>"Bill Radio" <Wireless@MountainWirelessNOSPAN.com> wrote in message
>>> VZW applies to NAMPA who then assigns a prefix and a start date. It
>>> would
>>> then be listed at www.nampa.com. And so far, neither Wierton nor
>>> Steubenvile have a new VZW assignment.
>
> I still say you need to stop by a VZW store and speak with a manager.

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 5:21:36 AM

right now it's extended network but with the new antenna going up this
summer it'll be part of verizon's native coverage.
news:D 6jqjp$m6r$3@ratbert.glorb.com...

>> I still say you need to stop by a VZW store and speak with a manager.
>
> Weirton, WV? Steubenville, OH? That's right on the edge of Verizon
> coverage, if it's covered at all. Don't like Cingular? Alltel might be an
> option.
>
> **SJS (former Northeast Ohio resident and cellular user)
>
> --
> JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
>
> "The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
> --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 5:21:37 AM

michael e dziatkowicz wrote:
> right now it's extended network but with the new antenna going up this
> summer it'll be part of verizon's native coverage.

Have you checked out Alltel?

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 5:43:43 PM

The nearest exchange is 30 miles away! Where is the nearest verizon
corporate store? Your zip code covers a 30 mile wide area? I would be
surprised if verizon offered to sign up people who lived 30 miles from
their closest covered area.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 6:06:17 PM

the closed verizon wireless exchange is 30 miles east of here. We are
extended network and verizon does offer service here.
> The nearest exchange is 30 miles away! Where is the nearest verizon
> corporate store? Your zip code covers a 30 mile wide area? I would be
> surprised if verizon offered to sign up people who lived 30 miles from
> their closest covered area.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 6:07:21 PM

alltel wants $500 deposit for me to be their customer. Verizon is the only
one that didn't require a deposit. I haven't checked tmobile, sprint or
nextel though.
news:D 6jsh5$m6r$4@ratbert.glorb.com...
> michael e dziatkowicz wrote:
>> right now it's extended network but with the new antenna going up this
>> summer it'll be part of verizon's native coverage.
>
> Have you checked out Alltel?
>
> --
> JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
>
> "The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
> --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 9:14:33 PM

On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:07:21 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>alltel wants $500 deposit for me to be their customer. Verizon is the only
>one that didn't require a deposit.

$500??? When VZW doesn't want any? That seems strange. Who else did
you try?

>I haven't checked tmobile, sprint or
>nextel though.

You might want to check those out. I'd make sure to inquire about
their return policies on the phones and any cancellation grace periods
before you sign up. That way, if you don't like the service, and/or
VZW becomes available within these time periods, you can switch over
to VZW relatively pain free.

Here are the URLs, in the order I'd prefer. YMMV.

http://www.sprintpcs.com/
http://www.nextel.com/
http://www.t-mobile.com/
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 9:19:02 PM

On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:06:17 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>the closed verizon wireless exchange is 30 miles east of here. We are
>extended network and verizon does offer service here.

But, are you currently (meaning your home landline), a toll call to
the closest VZW exchange?

Then you said:

>actually it isn't a toll call but they don't offer a exchange for verizon
>wireless there. The exchange is 30 miles away.

I gather then it *is* a toll call to the closest VZW exchange,
n'est-il pas?
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 1:59:27 AM

michael e dziatkowicz wrote:
> the closed verizon wireless exchange is 30 miles east of here. We are
> extended network and verizon does offer service here.

Verizon (landline), or Verizon Wireless?

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 2:55:47 AM

yes it is a toll call to the nearest verizon exchange. I was saying that the
towns close to me arent toll calls but verizon doesn't offer exchanges in
those towns either.
> On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:06:17 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
> <mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>the closed verizon wireless exchange is 30 miles east of here. We are
>>extended network and verizon does offer service here.
>
> But, are you currently (meaning your home landline), a toll call to
> the closest VZW exchange?
>
> In one message you said:
>
>>they offer exchanges for the town next to mine,i think, but they dont
>>offer
>>them here where i live.
>
> Then you said:
>
>>actually it isn't a toll call but they don't offer a exchange for verizon
>>wireless there. The exchange is 30 miles away.
>
> I gather then it *is* a toll call to the closest VZW exchange,
> n'est-il pas?

Anonymous
May 21, 2005 5:36:05 AM

both offer service here. Which is weird. I can buy a verizon phone here but
no local exchange.
news:D 6mesl$8r8$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
> michael e dziatkowicz wrote:
>> the closed verizon wireless exchange is 30 miles east of here. We are
>> extended network and verizon does offer service here.
>
> Verizon (landline), or Verizon Wireless?
>

> --
> JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
>
> "The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
> --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 3:27:39 PM

michael e dziatkowicz Wrote:
> alltel wants $500 deposit for me to be their customer. Verizon is the
> only
> one that didn't require a deposit. I haven't checked tmobile, sprint
> or
> nextel though.
well I find that to be very strange since Verizon Wireless is most know
for having very good credit rating to get in without a deposit. I seen
many cases where Verizon want $400 deposit and all other provider say
$0 when I have helped friends get wireless phones.

VZW (these prices can very sometimes)
$0 good rating
$400 so-so or none
$1000 bad credit

I take it you were talking to the Cellco Parnership D/B/A Verizon
Wireless and not Verizon Communications (wireline phone service).

For a wireline phone deposits will probably be cheaper if any.

--
agentHibby
May 21, 2005 3:34:26 PM

Extended network is not verizon wireless service. It is free roaming
on another carrier's service. If as you hope that verizon is putting
their own antenna on the water tower near you, then they would be adding
a local exchange and offering actual service where you live. Are you
sure you went to verizon wireless' web site and put in your zip code and
it said they had service where you live? I find it hard to believe that
if the nearest vw exchange is thirty miles away it is still within your
zip code.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 3:34:27 PM

i know they offer service. I had it twice but cancelled it both times
because they don't offer a local exchange and no one called me since it was
long distance. If I can get a local exchange my parents would switch from
cingular in a heartbeat. How can i tell if they will offer a local exchange?
> Extended network is not verizon wireless service. It is free roaming on
> another carrier's service. If as you hope that verizon is putting their
> own antenna on the water tower near you, then they would be adding a local
> exchange and offering actual service where you live. Are you sure you
> went to verizon wireless' web site and put in your zip code and it said
> they had service where you live? I find it hard to believe that if the
> nearest vw exchange is thirty miles away it is still within your zip code.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 9:28:53 PM

Jerome Zelinske wrote:
> Extended network is not verizon wireless service. It is free
> roaming on another carrier's service. If as you hope that verizon is
> putting their own antenna on the water tower near you, then they would
> be adding a local exchange and offering actual service where you live.
> Are you sure you went to verizon wireless' web site and put in your zip
> code and it said they had service where you live? I find it hard to
> believe that if the nearest vw exchange is thirty miles away it is still
> within your zip code.

Verizon, back before they were Verizon, before they were GTE, had a huge local
calling area in *this* market. Even today, Silver Lakes, CA landline phones get
Victorville exchanges and are local calls from Victorville (downtown
Victorville is 30 miles away, and the northern edge of town is about 10). I can
call Silver Lakes locally from my house in Apple Valley, which is about 45
minutes away, because Victorville is local to me.

It happens.

However, in Northeast Ohio, up till the time I left in June of 2003, Verizon
was *pulling* coverage from Northern Ohio landlines they serviced. At the very
least, there are a whole bunch of Cleveland VZW cellular exchanges that used to
be local to Medina County VZW landlines that no longer are... and I don't
believe that's the only place that happened.

But I don't know about Steubenville. I've never been to that particular part of
the state.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 11:41:43 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 11:32:13 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>i know they offer service. I had it twice but cancelled it both times
>because they don't offer a local exchange and no one called me since it was
>long distance.

Was it not practical for them to ring your phone twice, hang up, you
see who called through caller ID, and you call them back?
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 6:21:07 AM

It seems I was not clear. I was questioning that the person's zip code
was large enough to include his telephone exchange (obviously) and an
exchange 30 miles away.
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 10:24:42 PM

I live in Steubenville and had a co-worker who had a Verizon phone her
number was not long distance but it was a Weirton number. I don't
remember what the exchange was. Which water tower are they putting a
tower on? The one at JCC by the fire dept or gasp up on Maryland Ave
water tower? What ever you do DON'T sign up with Sprint stay far away
from the Radio Shack at the Mall since they sell Sprint Phones you will
always be on analog!
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 1:01:32 AM

no its not that big. I wish it was then having verizon wireless wouldn't
matter. Unfortunately the call to a verizon wireless phone is long-distance.
Is there a way to tell if/when they will add a local exchange here soon
since they're putting up an antenna this summer? I know it's been asked a
couple times but noone has given me a definitive answer. I know there has to
be a way to tell if they'll offer a local number once they put up the
antenna but i don't know how to find out.
> It seems I was not clear. I was questioning that the person's zip code
> was large enough to include his telephone exchange (obviously) and an
> exchange 30 miles away.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 1:57:52 AM

they're putting it on the bellview water tower in weirton. The one behind
saint paul's cemetary. If verizon had a exchange in weirton i would have
verizon right now instead of cingular.
<super2324us@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I live in Steubenville and had a co-worker who had a Verizon phone her
> number was not long distance but it was a Weirton number. I don't
> remember what the exchange was. Which water tower are they putting a
> tower on? The one at JCC by the fire dept or gasp up on Maryland Ave
> water tower? What ever you do DON'T sign up with Sprint stay far away
> from the Radio Shack at the Mall since they sell Sprint Phones you will
> always be on analog!

Anonymous
May 23, 2005 3:45:50 PM

I doubt they would put up their own equipment in an area where they
will not be offering service. What is your city, state, and zip code?
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 3:50:45 PM

No, what I was saying is that if your zip code was large enough to
include an exchange 30 miles away where verizon does have service then
putting your zip code in verizon's web site would be correct, but if it
is not that big, then verizon's web site is wrong. If you zip code was
that bit it would still be a long distance call.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 10:02:59 PM

no my zip code is only for my city. It is 26062 as in weirton,wv.
"Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:p sjke.5204$Lc1.3593@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> No, what I was saying is that if your zip code was large enough to include
> an exchange 30 miles away where verizon does have service then putting
> your zip code in verizon's web site would be correct, but if it is not
> that big, then verizon's web site is wrong. If you zip code was that bit
> it would still be a long distance call.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 7:54:48 AM

Well I punched in 26062 into verizon's web site. Looking at the
various maps, it seems to me that verizon does not claim coverage for
that zip code. Any verizon phone taken there would be roaming, extended
analog. The INpulse(sm) Map and the Verizon Wireless Network Map, both
showed "No Coverage". That they let people sign up for service even
though they live in a zip code not serviced by them seems at worst
fraudulent or at least a computer glitch. If the antennas going up on
your local water tower are indeed verizon, they would certainly be
digital, but not necessarily analog. And once that is operational, I
suspect that they would soon be offering local number service.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 7:54:49 AM

how long from time of final approval to the antennas going live does it
usually take. they should get approval at the next city council meetin in
june.
> Well I punched in 26062 into verizon's web site. Looking at the various
> maps, it seems to me that verizon does not claim coverage for that zip
> code. Any verizon phone taken there would be roaming, extended analog.
> The INpulse(sm) Map and the Verizon Wireless Network Map, both showed "No
> Coverage". That they let people sign up for service even though they live
> in a zip code not serviced by them seems at worst fraudulent or at least a
> computer glitch. If the antennas going up on your local water tower are
> indeed verizon, they would certainly be digital, but not necessarily
> analog. And once that is operational, I suspect that they would soon be
> offering local number service.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 7:32:40 PM

On Tue, 24 May 2005 00:05:07 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>how long from time of final approval to the antennas going live does it
>usually take. they should get approval at the next city council meetin in
>june.

Since the structure is already in place, the scheduling of erecting
the site after getting the necessary approvals are *completely and
totally up to Verizon Wireless*. Seriously, dude, you *need* to stop
by a store and speak with a MANAGER. Repeatedly asking the same
questions here won't get you a more accurate answer.

Or better yet, *GO* to that council meeting, find the VZW corp. suit
(he/she should be easy to spot), then after the meeting, corner them
and ask *them* these questions. That person will be in the absolute
best position to answer your questions.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 10:18:52 PM

Well i work 35 hours a week and have never been to a city council meeting
before. Is there another way to find out when the antenna will go up and if
they'll offer local numbers here? Like a phone number or email address? The
closest store is 30 miles east of here.
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 00:05:07 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
> <mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>how long from time of final approval to the antennas going live does it
>>usually take. they should get approval at the next city council meetin in
>>june.
>
> Since the structure is already in place, the scheduling of erecting
> the site after getting the necessary approvals are *completely and
> totally up to Verizon Wireless*. Seriously, dude, you *need* to stop
> by a store and speak with a MANAGER. Repeatedly asking the same
> questions here won't get you a more accurate answer.
>
> Or better yet, *GO* to that council meeting, find the VZW corp. suit
> (he/she should be easy to spot), then after the meeting, corner them
> and ask *them* these questions. That person will be in the absolute
> best position to answer your questions.

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:31:32 AM

On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:18:52 -0400, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>Well i work 35 hours a week and have never been to a city council meeting
>before. Is there another way to find out when the antenna will go up and if
>they'll offer local numbers here? Like a phone number or email address? The
>closest store is 30 miles east of here.

NO! That's what I keep trying to tell you. The person at that
meeting is the person most likely to know what VZW's plans are.
AFAIK, they aren't even required to tell the city when the site will
go live, and no one, and I mean NO ONE will know any of the other
questions EXCEPT Verizon Wireless. All else has been and will
continue to be SPECULATION.

I used to work 70-80+ hours a week, and still found time to attend
school board meetings and the like. If you don't want to pester a
store manager, then I'd *strongly* suggest you clear out a spot in
your schedule for that meeting.

It *is* your community. Get involved!
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 9:38:50 AM

If it is indeed verizon antennas that will be going up on the water
tower, then there will likely be a local exchange available and there is
likely a verizon store to be opened soon or the local RadioShack will
start selling verizon phones. Ask then in either of those two places.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 5:20:48 PM

Try calling Verizon,
1-800-922-0204,