berkeljm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
OMTOOL SUCKS!!!!! The company I work for spent $1300.00 on a service agreement for Faxsr. and Omtool doesn't even know how to run it. The tech support people have no clue. They don't return phone calls, and they have not had one solution for any of the problems. Just in case anyone was wondering Omtool wrote the program and they still can't support it. What does that tell you?

bilbobaggins

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
We've looked at their product and talked with their sales and tech people. I agree with you completely. For our clients we've recommended Zetafax. Great product, great prices and integrates well with Exchange. Admittedly, our clients only have 5-200 users and their business is not primarily faxing. Even so our busiest client's server handles about 200-300 faxes a day. How much did your company spend on the product itself? When we priced it, they wanted between $8,000 and $10,000.

berkeljm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I was not with the company when it was purchased, but I believe it was around $15,000.00........plus the modem card which was around $4-5 thousand. I know the modem was that much because we had to get an upgrade from the original. Omtool decided that since the original model of that modem didn't work for mass faxing that they would stop supporting it. It would work fine for one line....one fax at a time. However, when you would try and do multiple faxes on all 4 lines.......quess what......it crashed. You can't have a mass PC based faxing solution where the modem only supports one call and one fax at a time. You would think that this would have been tested..........maybe I'm expecting a little too much from a company when I think that the product might work. I don't know. Back to the point. They decided to replace that model of modem with a new one (at the customers expense) and didn't even post the known problem on the websight or attempt to contact us.........even though we had about 60 tech support calls to them trying to fix the worst program ever written. My only comfort is that I didn't have anything to do with the purchase of this godforsaken program.

G

I am on the phone right now with Omtool because my fax server was not working now not only is my fax server not working but my exchange server is not working and they do not know how to fix it or what they do and they keep insulting me by asking if there was another adminsitrator here to help them with the exchange problem. So now I have a production fax server down and my production email server down. The first support person I have been dealing with is very condescending and the other two support people seem to know a little more but not much going on. Oh and this is 3 hours I have been working with them on the phone. I will never recommend OMTOOL to anyone and I too inherited this product and it is terrible.

cuffi

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
we recently tested Omtool Accuroute scanning solution, it worked great but we had to have a third party software to make it talk to the scanners and then when we went to uninstall their desktop client from our machines it broke our document managemant system, and the support sucked , emailed instuctions that dont work, i am just glad we did not purchase this software and we only installed it on a handfull of machines.