what does Turbo, Street Racer & F1 mean on IS7???

ghettoreb

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
i know they mean PAT activation, but i've read that Turbo activates PAT, then what does F1 & STreet do???

when overclocking, what priority should i assign to these values??? should i do FSB first then them then RAM timings? or should i FSB first, then RAM timings then the Turbo/SR/F1 thing?

Against Stupidity, The Gods Themselves Contend in Vain

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
They progressively make your memory timing more and more agressive.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

ghettoreb

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
that maybe so, but why do my DRAM timings not change any when i set it to turbo/street/f1?
and then there are like 4 more options underneath it, one being the Read-something delay which varies from 11 clocks to like 4...and no, its not one of the 4 standart DDR timings, these are set above on the same page in the bios. the other 3 things underneath the Turbo setting are all enable/disable type switches. their names are these i've never seen before, and never heard of on any overclocking logs.

Against Stupidity, The Gods Themselves Contend in Vain

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
it is memory controllor to cpu bus timmings we are playin around with not memory timmings..

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue: