Please help to install v710 into Phone Tools 3. I don't ha..

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
May 17, 2005 9:36:24 AM

I got the latest version of phone tools and a usb cable. Both genuine
Morotola. I upgraded to the latest version of the software and I
cannot get the phone to be recognized by the software.

I have a WinXP Pro with Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti Virus
running. . I am behind a router, but that should have nothing to do
with this problem. I have tried to detect with the Internet Security
turned off and it still won't be detected.

I added hardware and found the inf files and Windows doesn't see it.
I can add the hardware manually in the program but it still doesn't
see the phone.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
May 17, 2005 12:12:19 PM

"sbs" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
> I got the latest version of phone tools and a usb cable. Both genuine
> Morotola. I upgraded to the latest version of the software and I
> cannot get the phone to be recognized by the software.
>
> I have a WinXP Pro with Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti Virus
> running. . I am behind a router, but that should have nothing to do
> with this problem. I have tried to detect with the Internet Security
> turned off and it still won't be detected.
>
> I added hardware and found the inf files and Windows doesn't see it.
> I can add the hardware manually in the program but it still doesn't
> see the phone.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try starting the software without the phone plugged in. Click on one of the
applications. A window should appear asking to configure the phone. Choose
USB and 'continue', then plug in the USB cable. I've had to do this almost
every time I used the software.

Jon
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 5:26:36 PM

On Tue, 17 May 2005 05:36:24 GMT, sbs <xxx@xxx.com> wrote:

>I got the latest version of phone tools and a usb cable.

Try slowing the speed down to 5-10 khz. If that works, you could
speed it up.
!