This is the Windows 8 Welcome and Lock Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

proofhitter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Is this a joke? I don't want my desktop to look like a phone... Looks ugly to me. I'd rather stick to my Win7 welcome screen thank you very much!

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Two things:

1. The face of that man is disturbing
2. I don't want a phone experience on my Desktop, I want it to feel as fast and expensive as it is, add lots of particle effects for the time or something..

delazaren

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Relax guys, the image is changeable and what's wrong with adding a few extra bits on the welcome screen like date and time? Your uber CPU and uber GPU won't sweat over it. I assume of course that we'll be able to get the standard login prompt though... :)

amigafan

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
I don't want to have to press ctrl-alt-delete to log on. I want to be able to quickly type my password and hit enter to log on like I do now.

FlukieLukie

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
[citation][nom]amigafan[/nom]I don't want to have to press ctrl-alt-delete to log on. I want to be able to quickly type my password and hit enter to log on like I do now.[/citation]
Erm.. In every version of Windows the home/login screen has a mode to force CTRL+ALT+DEL logins, the password + profile will still be there too just this option will stay as it always has been :S

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Disturbing to say the least....

For some reason that bird looks like it's gonna peck that guys' eyeball out, or the bird is eyeing him for its next meal, i dunno....

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
As long as they give the option to switch from an AD logon to a local machine logon in a drop-down box like XP I will hate it. Working in an AD environment and having to logon to local accounts a lot I can tell you THAT is a big PITA!

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Tedders[/nom]As long as they give the option to switch from an AD logon to a local machine logon in a drop-down box like XP I will hate it. Working in an AD environment and having to logon to local accounts a lot I can tell you THAT is a big PITA![/citation]

You can do this without a drop down box, you just need to know a local machine username/password + the computer name and choose "other User" with "Computername\Username" + Password.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]proofhitter[/nom]Is this a joke? I don't want my desktop to look like a phone... Looks ugly to me. I'd rather stick to my Win7 welcome screen thank you very much![/citation]

Too bad your copy of Windows will look and feel like a phone and your PC gaming experience will be just like Xbox Live except marketing and advertising will make a 1000% increase. You will have a cute gamer avatar and you will like it! Windows 8 will also have its own app market place and will be connected by requirement to your credit/debit card at all times. Windows 8 will come with a free software program that will monitor all that you do so that Windows 8 can properly suggest what may interest you in said app store. The app store will also have 3rd party partners selling physical items which will also come up as the suggestions.
This program is set as essential to the operating of Windows 8 and therefor cannot be disabled or uninstalled.

Happy computing!

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Cant believe people are moaning about a single screen. Lulz.[/citation]
I was thinking the same thing. It is still Beta, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.