TracFones on Verizon Network get new PRL

Last response: in Network Providers
May 17, 2005 12:55:52 PM

I have two TracFone(s).

Nokia 5180i uses the Verizon network (CDMA800/Analog) network
Nokia 1100 uses the Cingular ( PCS GSM) network

My 5180i has a new PRL version I just noticed:
WAS: 40013
IS: 40014

(Anyone know the difference between the two PRL versions?)

If you haven't updated your PRL in your Verizon or American Cellular
networked
TracFones in a while, its time to do so.

Procedure:
*228 Call (Navi Key)
-wait for automated operator and choose Option 2

Other CDMA TracFone models will receive a 50000 series PRL update. 50295
maybe?
Please post the new PRL version here.

Thanks in advance!

JoshIII
upstate south carolina
josh3i@hotmail.com
Activating a new or refurbed TracFone soon?
Be sure to get a referral (by email) from another
TracFone user and you'll both receive 100 FREE
minutes airtime. Check out the refurbished Nokia 2285/1221
special (includes a 100 minute airtime card).
TracFone uses Alltel, Verizon, Cingular, AT&T, and
Suncom wireless networks, just to name a few! I've
been a TracFone user for 4 years.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 1:41:53 AM

Since the 5180i is dual-mode and has no PCS section, the latest PRL is
approximately equal to 50293, the AC 1 PRL, with the PCS entries removed.

Bill Radio
http://www.mountainwireless.com

"JoshIII" <josh3iREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 6cpi3$5a3$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
> I have two TracFone(s).
>
> Nokia 5180i uses the Verizon network (CDMA800/Analog) network
> Nokia 1100 uses the Cingular ( PCS GSM) network
>

> My 5180i has a new PRL version I just noticed:
> WAS: 40013
> IS: 40014
>
> (Anyone know the difference between the two PRL versions?)

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 2:32:00 PM

"JoshIII" <josh3iREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 6cpi3$5a3$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
> If you haven't updated your PRL in your Verizon or American Cellular
> networked TracFones in a while, its time to do so.
>
> Procedure:
> *228 Call (Navi Key)
> -wait for automated operator and choose Option 2

Woops! Scratch American Cellular! The new PRL only applies to CDMA
TracFone's that use the Verizon network.

!