V600 to have Bluetooth DISABLED on Cingular???

I was told by a Cingular tech yesterday, that they had heard Bluetooth
would be left off of the Motorola V600 phones that Cingluar is to
provied.

Has anyone heard this? This sounds incredible. The Bluetooth is a big
draw - why would they have it left off.

She did say that was the last thing she had heard, but didn't know if
it was the final decision. She didn't know why they wanted to leave it
off.

Thanks for any help,
Dan

MD

"Dan Graves" <dg@jjgoeiwkdxl.net> wrote:
> I was told by a Cingular tech yesterday, that they had heard Bluetooth
> would be left off of the Motorola V600 phones that Cingluar is to
> provied.
>
> Has anyone heard this? This sounds incredible. The Bluetooth is a big
> draw - why would they have it left off.
>
> She did say that was the last thing she had heard, but didn't know if
> it was the final decision. She didn't know why they wanted to leave it
> off.

Cingular carries other Bluetooth phones, so this doesn't make very much
sense. I doubt it is true, as they probably want to sell lots of
Bluetooth-capable accessories.

---
MD

"MD" <md@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Dan Graves" <dg@jjgoeiwkdxl.net> wrote:
>> I was told by a Cingular tech yesterday, that they had heard Bluetooth
>> would be left off of the Motorola V600 phones that Cingluar is to
>> provied.
>>
>> Has anyone heard this? This sounds incredible. The Bluetooth is a big
>> draw - why would they have it left off.
>>
>> She did say that was the last thing she had heard, but didn't know if
>> it was the final decision. She didn't know why they wanted to leave it
>> off.
>
> Cingular carries other Bluetooth phones, so this doesn't make very much
> sense. I doubt it is true, as they probably want to sell lots of
> Bluetooth-capable accessories.
>
> ---
> MD

Cingular currently carries the Mot V400 which is almost the same as ATT's
Mot V600 except it does not have the Bluetooth. I wasn't aware that Cinular
was planning on carring the V600. However my friend got a V400 from
Cingular and it was Unlocked when he bought it.

Bluetooth? I personally don't find that feature very useful. I'd rather
they leave that feature off and offer the phones at a lower cost.

The new motorala phones have good features but I find them too big and ugly.
The fit and finish on both Samsung phones sold by Cingular (x427 & S307) is
so much nicer.

I personally use the Motorola V60 because is has great sound quality and
filters very well the background noise when driving -- the persons on the
other end cannot tell i'm driving. But then again Motorola phones have
such bad fit and finish.

"Dan Graves" <dg@jjgoeiwkdxl.net> wrote in message
> I was told by a Cingular tech yesterday, that they had heard Bluetooth
> would be left off of the Motorola V600 phones that Cingluar is to
> provied.
>
> Has anyone heard this? This sounds incredible. The Bluetooth is a big
> draw - why would they have it left off.
>
> She did say that was the last thing she had heard, but didn't know if
> it was the final decision. She didn't know why they wanted to leave it
> off.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Dan

Not true at all.
Cingular is not the one's who decide about what primary phone features are
available, Motorola is.
Cingular does not "disallow" bluetooth. They have their version fo the Sony
Ericson T610 which has bluetooth.
They are not against Bluetooth. It's just possible that the rep you spoke
with doesn't know what bluetooth is.

"Dan Graves" <dg@jjgoeiwkdxl.net> wrote in message
> I was told by a Cingular tech yesterday, that they had heard Bluetooth
> would be left off of the Motorola V600 phones that Cingluar is to
> provied.
>
> Has anyone heard this? This sounds incredible. The Bluetooth is a big
> draw - why would they have it left off.
>
> She did say that was the last thing she had heard, but didn't know if
> it was the final decision. She didn't know why they wanted to leave it
> off.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Dan

Carriers (such as Cingular) certainly can specify what features they
want enabled on a phone. A few years ago I had a Nokia that had IR
capability with the other carriers, but it was disabled with Cingular
(actually the IR was removed).

It's not that Cingular is against Bluetooth, it might have to do with
some other issue.

Dan

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:11:08 GMT, "Sensei S" <senseis@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Not true at all.
>Cingular is not the one's who decide about what primary phone features are
>available, Motorola is.
>Cingular does not "disallow" bluetooth. They have their version fo the Sony
>Ericson T610 which has bluetooth.
>They are not against Bluetooth. It's just possible that the rep you spoke
>with doesn't know what bluetooth is.
>
>"Dan Graves" <dg@jjgoeiwkdxl.net> wrote in message
>> I was told by a Cingular tech yesterday, that they had heard Bluetooth
>> would be left off of the Motorola V600 phones that Cingluar is to
>> provied.
>>
>> Has anyone heard this? This sounds incredible. The Bluetooth is a big
>> draw - why would they have it left off.
>>
>> She did say that was the last thing she had heard, but didn't know if
>> it was the final decision. She didn't know why they wanted to leave it
>> off.
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>> Dan

>> Cingular carries other Bluetooth phones, so this doesn't make very much
>> sense. I doubt it is true, as they probably want to sell lots of
>> Bluetooth-capable accessories.

Actually, I think that the V600 has all 4 of the world frequencies and the V400
doesn't.

--
John S.

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Nope. V400 is also a quad-band phone.

Erik.

"John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
> >> Cingular carries other Bluetooth phones, so this doesn't make very much
> >> sense. I doubt it is true, as they probably want to sell lots of
> >> Bluetooth-capable accessories.
> >>

> Actually, I think that the V600 has all 4 of the world frequencies and the
V400
> doesn't.
>
> --
> John S.
> e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net

Well, the Nokia 6190 had an analog roaming add on module. The
electronics to make that work needed space so it displaced the IR
electronics that the other 6100 series phones had.

I dun think that PBW said "no IR" but was just what features would be
useful for their GSM customer base.

In article <fdqi80t4sej815b9rmgli762hj66vn8qcn@4ax.com>,
Dan Graves <dg@jjgoeiwkdxl.net> wrote:

> Carriers (such as Cingular) certainly can specify what features they
> want enabled on a phone. A few years ago I had a Nokia that had IR
> capability with the other carriers, but it was disabled with Cingular
> (actually the IR was removed).
>
> It's not that Cingular is against Bluetooth, it might have to do with
> some other issue.
>
> Dan
>

> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:11:08 GMT, "Sensei S" <senseis@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Not true at all.
> >Cingular is not the one's who decide about what primary phone features are
> >available, Motorola is.
> >Cingular does not "disallow" bluetooth. They have their version fo the Sony
> >Ericson T610 which has bluetooth.
> >They are not against Bluetooth. It's just possible that the rep you spoke
> >with doesn't know what bluetooth is.
> >
> >"Dan Graves" <dg@jjgoeiwkdxl.net> wrote in message
> >> I was told by a Cingular tech yesterday, that they had heard Bluetooth
> >> would be left off of the Motorola V600 phones that Cingluar is to
> >> provied.
> >>
> >> Has anyone heard this? This sounds incredible. The Bluetooth is a big
> >> draw - why would they have it left off.
> >>
> >> She did say that was the last thing she had heard, but didn't know if
> >> it was the final decision. She didn't know why they wanted to leave it
> >> off.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any help,
> >> Dan

MD

"John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote:

> Actually, I think that the V600 has all 4 of the world frequencies and the
V400
> doesn't.

Both the V400 and V600 are quad-band devices.

---
MD

TRENDING THREADS