[SOLVED] Mac Bootcamp (Windows Gaming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Without going into too much detail, I have a windows 7 and love using it and enjoy it very much. But I am now employed at an office, in which I must use the OS Mac.

I wasn't happy about this because I couldn't use the desktop to play games (BF3, MW3, Skyrim, etc.) anymore with Mac. Until I heard about Bootcamp, and how I can partition my HD to boot up windows when I want to play my games.

So lets say I have a 1TB HD, and I partition 500 GB dedicated to the Mac OS, and 500 GB to the windows OS. Is it possible for me to do my work on the Mac OS, and when I play my games to just boot up the windows.

If this sounds too confusing, I can try and explain it more clearly. Thanks!

Solution
Yes it is possible, I installed windows 7 on my partition and have been playing games off it for years now. Switching back to mac when needed. :D
All that separates the two operating systems is a restart.

BUT first, are you using a Mac computer or just a normal windows pc?

crapfacednoob

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Yes it is possible, I installed windows 7 on my partition and have been playing games off it for years now. Switching back to mac when needed. :D
All that separates the two operating systems is a restart.

BUT first, are you using a Mac computer or just a normal windows pc?

Solution

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Not sure if this is even important, but the rig I want the Mac OS to go on hasn't even been built. I will be buying them all separate then building the rig myself. Reason for me asking if there were hardware limitations.

For goodness sake don't use a Hackintosh for work applications. You may get it to run initially, on a limited subset of PC hardware, but there is no guarantee at all that you will be able to apply patches to the OS, far less upgrades to newer versions. OS X security is not as good as Windows at the best of times, but un unpatched OS X ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS