FF7 on the PSP

Last response: in Video Games
September 24, 2004 2:35:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

There is a quote out there somewhere from one of the FF7
Producers/Developers that "We won't remake FF7 as long as the
Playstation remains backwards compatable."

While that may remain for the forseeable future, what about the PSP?
It's not backwards compatible by any means, and if it's the first place
for a while where that will be true, I'd be willing to see SquareEnix
remake it, no voice-overs (I don't want them anyway) and all. The
graphics, movies and sounds should be re-worked (if not re-made from
scratch), and even if they complained about having to do it on the PS2
due to the amount of re-coding that would be involved, I doubt as much
would be required out of a PSP remake.

Do you see it as possible?

More about : ff7 psp

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 4:20:58 PM

arof wrote:

> There is a quote out there somewhere from one of the FF7
> Producers/Developers that "We won't remake FF7 as long as the
> Playstation remains backwards compatable."
>
> While that may remain for the forseeable future, what about the PSP?
> It's not backwards compatible by any means, and if it's the first place
> for a while where that will be true, I'd be willing to see SquareEnix
> remake it, no voice-overs (I don't want them anyway) and all. The
> graphics, movies and sounds should be re-worked (if not re-made from
> scratch), and even if they complained about having to do it on the PS2
> due to the amount of re-coding that would be involved, I doubt as much
> would be required out of a PSP remake.
>
> Do you see it as possible?

How is the PSP "the first place for a while where that will be true"?
The PS2 is the only system made since the original PS.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols
Anonymous

"Cassandra J. Nichols" <cassiejn@softhome.net> wrote in message
> arof wrote:
>
> > There is a quote out there somewhere from one of the FF7
> > Producers/Developers that "We won't remake FF7 as long as the
> > Playstation remains backwards compatable."
> >
> > While that may remain for the forseeable future, what about the PSP?
> > It's not backwards compatible by any means, and if it's the first place
> > for a while where that will be true, I'd be willing to see SquareEnix
> > remake it, no voice-overs (I don't want them anyway) and all. The
> > graphics, movies and sounds should be re-worked (if not re-made from
> > scratch), and even if they complained about having to do it on the PS2
> > due to the amount of re-coding that would be involved, I doubt as much
> > would be required out of a PSP remake.
> >
> > Do you see it as possible?
>
> How is the PSP "the first place for a while where that will be true"?
> The PS2 is the only system made since the original PS.

The PSP would be the first machine in a long period of time in which a
playstation machine exists that does not play PS1 discs. ... Seems fairly
straight-forward to me.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 26, 2004 4:13:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

"James Stein" <NoSpamForMeThanks@si.rr.com> wrote in news:3E05d.1481
$mH1.2334266@twister.nyc.rr.com:

> The PSP would be the first machine in a long period of time in which a
> playstation machine exists that does not play PS1 discs.

Xbox does not play PS1 discs. Gamecube does not play PS1 discs.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

"DeMoN LaG" <demonlag@snip.net> wrote in message
> "James Stein" <NoSpamForMeThanks@si.rr.com> wrote in news:3E05d.1481
> $mH1.2334266@twister.nyc.rr.com:
>
>> The PSP would be the first machine in a long period of time in which a
>> playstation machine exists that does not play PS1 discs.
>
> Xbox does not play PS1 discs. Gamecube does not play PS1 discs.

Please tell me you're going really, *really* far out of your way to be
obtuse, and didn't actually fail to to understand my post that miserably.

In case you're actually that out there allow me to rephrase: The PSP would
be the first /sony video game machine/ in a long period of time which does
not play PS1 discs.
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 2:29:58 PM

> > $mH1.2334266@twister.nyc.rr.com:
> >
> >> The PSP would be the first machine in a long period of time in
which a
> >> playstation machine exists that does not play PS1 discs.
> >
> > Xbox does not play PS1 discs. Gamecube does not play PS1 discs.
>
> Please tell me you're going really, *really* far out of your way to
be
> obtuse, and didn't actually fail to to understand my post that
miserably.

> In case you're actually that out there allow me to rephrase: The PSP
would
> be the first /sony video game machine/ in a long period of time which
does
> not play PS1 discs.

Thanks for the clarification. It's what I meant. But do you see it
happening? Could/would they do it? Why wouldn't they tap the RPG hungry
market? (action/RPGs not withstanding)
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 9:59:22 PM

"arof" <Lordarof@gmail.com> wrote in message

> James Stein wrote:
>> "DeMoN LaG" <demonlag@snip.net> wrote in message
>> > "James Stein" <NoSpamForMeThanks@si.rr.com> wrote in
>> > $mH1.2334266@twister.nyc.rr.com:

> which a
>> >
>> > Xbox does not play PS1 discs. Gamecube does not play PS1 discs.
>>
>> Please tell me you're going really, *really* far out of your way to
> be
>> obtuse, and didn't actually fail to to understand my post that
> miserably.
>>
>> In case you're actually that out there allow me to rephrase: The PSP
> would
>> be the first /sony video game machine/ in a long period of time which
> does
>> not play PS1 discs.
>
> Thanks for the clarification. It's what I meant. But do you see it
> happening? Could/would they do it? Why wouldn't they tap the RPG hungry
> market? (action/RPGs not withstanding)

I strongly doubt that they will remake FF7 for the PSP; I have no doubt they
*will* tap the RPG market, however, using new games and products. Sony has
no small number of RPG's, both current and upcoming - I don't think they
need to reach that far back into their history to find a game for their PSP.
!