Bad performance with 660ti

mhd lord

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
HI .............I've bought Galaxy 660ti/2g recently .I hoped that I get much better performance with it than my old 560ti .I only secure like ~8fps in most heavy games FC3/BF3/CRYSIS2 ,and even with old games like N4S hot pursuit\saints row the third\sleeping dogs\ASM I get a disaster frame rate :
N4S hot pursuit 70fps to 28fps ----------------cpu load 40% gpu load 38%
saints row the third 42fps to 25fps-------------cpu load 51% gpu load 67%
sleeping dogs 68fps to 27fps-------------------cpu load 73% gpu load 98%
ASM 78fps to 30fps----------------------------cpu load 53% gpu load 73%
SO why I keep get the frame drop ,its make the games unplayable?
Note that I still use my old sys I3 550@3.2/4M ram4G which I think is good enough for these old games !
PLZ I need help quickly . I feel realy disappointed from the 660ti

The CPU is fairly weak compared to the GPU I'd say, that is why your framerate hasn't changed that much.

mhd lord

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

MSI H55M
I3 550@3.2/4M
A DATA 2*2G 1333
GALAXY 660TI OC
W.D GREEN 1T
SAMSUNG 1080P
OS WIN7 64bit

mhd lord

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

Maybe 4 the newest games but what about the oldest ones?

Sleeping Dogs

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU

Saints Row The Third

Processor: Any Quad Core Processor (Intel® Core i5 or AMD Phenom™ II X4)

N4S only had minimum requirements.

NSM I don't even know about?

So you can see by those two that it is recommended to have a quad-core CPU in "old" games.

That's correct, but better be safe than miss a thing or two. I'm also wondering whether the wiring is correct.

@OP: Could you list all the connectors you have connected somewhere from the power supply unit to something in your PC?

I don't even mention the drops. He doesn't see a big increase with the average FPS, and that is because of the CPU. Read his thread again.

I'll quote you again.

the frame rates have changed a lot, they have roughly halved (not what you said above), above you were answering as if he had asked the question why hasn't my frame rate increased.

"I hoped that I get much better performance with it than my old 560ti .I only secure like ~8fps in most heavy games "

Stop being ignorant and try to help, instead of arguing with me.

mhd lord

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Actually I'm facing more than one problem ;the first is the the poor increasing in the frame rate ,but the real problem is the fps goes to ~ 75 then drops again to ~30 in no time which makes any game unplayable. If I am suffering form bottle-neck ,I don't suppose to reach any high frame like the 75 and just stuck with a low fps ,and lets not forget that I never suffered from instability in 560ti performance . I used to get 35~50 in most games e.g BF3-maxed settings/AA off/1080p 38~50 .My real problem was with FC3 /23fps and 4 that I've to change my gpu
About my PWR is OCZ 500w 80+ ,is more than good to 660ti that only consumes ~150w not like my old 560ti that consumes ~180w,and believe me the power pins are connected correctly to the VGI card 6pin/8pin.
For the driver installation ,there an option in nvidia driver which allows u to clean the old and reinstall a new automaticly .So yes I uninstalled the old driver first.
More than that I tried to install different version of DX that may solve the problem and guess what it didn't work either ! :cry:

Thanks for telling us exactly what's wrong.

I now suspect overheating. Could you download HWMonitor (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html), install it and run it before launching the game? Then, could you play the game until it lags, minimize the game, maximize the HWMonitor window (the one you launched before the game) and take a screenshot? Finally, could you upload the screenshot to www.imageshack.us (don't forget to select "Do not resize" option!) and post the link to the uploaded image here?