2 locks in the Calm Plain with no Key

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

I'm roaming around the calm plains collecting everything in site. I
have captured all the fiends in the plains and delivered them to the
arena owner. He presented me with a treasure chest, but I can't open
it. Does any one know the secret to opening this chest?
Also, there is a path that leads down to what appears to be a stone
door. This path was block by a guard before I won the race against the
Chocobo Trainer.
I can't open the door at the bottom of the path. Who here knows the
secret. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan
3 answers Last reply
More about locks calm plain
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

    rwhittier@metrocast.net (Ryan M. Whittier) wrote in message news:<a75c9457.0409271237.1a9f50f7@posting.google.com>...
    > I'm roaming around the calm plains collecting everything in site. I
    > have captured all the fiends in the plains and delivered them to the
    > arena owner. He presented me with a treasure chest, but I can't open
    > it. Does any one know the secret to opening this chest?
    > Also, there is a path that leads down to what appears to be a stone
    > door. This path was block by a guard before I won the race against the
    > Chocobo Trainer.
    > I can't open the door at the bottom of the path. Who here knows the
    > secret. I would appreciate any help.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Ryan

    If I remember correctly, the treasure chest contains Yuna's Legendary
    Weapeon: Nirvana. In order to open it, you have to get the Moon Crest
    at the Besaid Isle Beach. You may already have it, check your
    inventory. Also, you need to get the Moon Sigil by defeating every
    Aeon at Remien Temple. This is not as difficult as it might sound,
    with the exception of the Three Sisters. Make sure you take the chubby
    one out first, as she heals the other two, and can be very difficult
    once she gets wound up due to your abusing her sisters. The sisters
    wiil be the last fight in the temple, and if you defeat them, they
    will join your party, and later come in very handy.

    Sorry, but I can't remember the door that you mentioned. A great deal
    of stuff goes on around the Calm Lands. Try checking out an FF-10 faq
    at gamefaqs.com. Good luck.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

    rwhittier@metrocast.net (Ryan M. Whittier) wrote in

    > arena owner. He presented me with a treasure chest, but I can't open
    > it. Does any one know the secret to opening this chest?
    > Also, there is a path that leads down to what appears to be a stone
    > door. This path was block by a guard before I won the race against the
    > Chocobo Trainer.
    > I can't open the door at the bottom of the path. Who here knows the
    > secret. I would appreciate any help.

    In both cases you need to find the Celestial Mirror and unlock it's power.
    The chest has Yuna's Celestial Weapon in it, while the cave door thing has
    Tidus's Celestial Weapon.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    spironical@yahoo.com (Braska) wrote in news:5dd92afd.0409281715.3c78a6a7
    @posting.google.com:

    > Weapeon: Nirvana. In order to open it, you have to get the Moon Crest
    > at the Besaid Isle Beach. You may already have it, check your
    > inventory. Also, you need to get the Moon Sigil by defeating every
    > Aeon at Remien Temple. This is not as difficult as it might sound,

    You don't need either to open the chest, just the Celestial Mirror. Those
    two items are necessary for powering up the Nirvana though, as in, taking
    the No AP off of it and putting useful stat bonuses on it.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: demonlag@snip.net