MMX Game Problem

xXDrKleinerXx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
I have recently bought an old game called "Virtual On Cyber Troopers" and I was hoping that I could play it. But when I installed it it said that my processor doesn't support MMX. Is there a solution to this? I have tried putting it on windows 95/98/2000 compatibility mode, tried the official SEGA fix, but it didn't work. Also, my processor is AMD Sempron 2600+ .

xXDrKleinerXx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

What do you mean "It's too old...?"? The game or the CPU? If it's the game, then yes. But if it's the CPU, then I disagree. When I run DxDiag it says that my CPU supports the MMX technology. THe only thing that's preventing me from playing is that the CPU isn't Intel. Also, the demo that SEGA offers runs just fine on my PC.

thee_prisoner

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
The compatibility mode I have found doesn't work well on games. You might have to install Windows 95 or 98 to play it unless somebody has made a patch for it.

MMX is an Intel thing so I'm not sure if it works with AMD cpus( AMD had something similar called 3D Now). I could be wrong but it's been awhile since I have dealt with MMX issues.