RPG games(Role-play games)

cedomir91

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2012
Hi, i'm advanced RPG gamer and i'm looking for some games like; Game of Thrones, Dragon age origins,(maybe Skyrim)etc...if somebody know games like these, please let me now!
Thanks

robert123456

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Gothic series, Drakensang, Risen, Arx Fatalis, Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect, Fallout, Morrowind/Oblivion, Vampire: The Masquerade, KOTOR, Divine Divinity series, Kingdoms of Amalur....

some are old games but personally I don't care because they are still amazing compared to the lack of ideas found in the RPG genre in the last few years.

I wouldn't call the Witcher's combat poor, but it is unique and different than most any other game. It is an acquired taste.

The Witcher 2 is a little closer to a traditional system, but it is still a bit unique.

I found the Witcher wasn't very fun in combat at first. A lot of it has to do with just not understanding it. However, after you get further into the game, it starts to make more sense and become a lot of fun. I had to replay the game after finishing it just to see what it was like from start to finish while understanding the game mechanics.

Ratbeely

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Older RPG's to try:

Fallout
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate I and II
Icewind Dale I and II
Planescape: Torment
Arcanum
Neverwinter Nights
Vampire Bloodline: Masquerade

Modern:

Witcher
Witcher 2
Dragon Age: Origions
Legend of Grimrock

As you can see, I love the Infinity Engine games. I think they were amazing and the best overall RPG experiences that I have had to date. Witcher and Witcher 2 are fantastic as well and really are the 2 best modern RPG's that I have played. The combat in the Witcher is different, but I like the flow of it. Witcher was really a shock at how good it was.

Ratbeely

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012

GOG.com versions work without a hitch on Windows 7 64 bit.

cedomir91

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2012

Thank you man, I appreciate :) Most of them i have finished, but some i will try soon :) Thanks!

cedomir91

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2012

I tried it too...and saw combat, and i didin't like that...but, i will try again :)

cedomir91

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2012

That's old game, right? I didn't