Sign in with
Your question

RPG games(Role-play games)

Last response: in Video Games
December 23, 2012 11:18:27 PM

Hi, i'm advanced RPG gamer and i'm looking for some games like; Game of Thrones, Dragon age origins,(maybe Skyrim)etc...if somebody know games like these, please let me now!
Thanks
December 23, 2012 11:27:37 PM

The Witcher 2 : Assassin of Kings
December 24, 2012 12:04:42 AM

Hm...i tried The Witcher and that one has poor combat..
Is combat better in Witcher 2?
Related resources
December 25, 2012 9:48:18 PM

Gothic series, Drakensang, Risen, Arx Fatalis, Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect, Fallout, Morrowind/Oblivion, Vampire: The Masquerade, KOTOR, Divine Divinity series, Kingdoms of Amalur....

some are old games but personally I don't care because they are still amazing compared to the lack of ideas found in the RPG genre in the last few years.
December 25, 2012 11:15:13 PM

cedomir91 said:
Hm...i tried The Witcher and that one has poor combat..
Is combat better in Witcher 2?

I wouldn't call the Witcher's combat poor, but it is unique and different than most any other game. It is an acquired taste.

The Witcher 2 is a little closer to a traditional system, but it is still a bit unique.
December 25, 2012 11:39:11 PM

I borrowed a copy of Witcher. I wasn't too thrilled about the combat set up. I ended up not buy it 'cause I wasn't interest in progressing beyond the training mission.
December 25, 2012 11:48:21 PM

I found the Witcher wasn't very fun in combat at first. A lot of it has to do with just not understanding it. However, after you get further into the game, it starts to make more sense and become a lot of fun. I had to replay the game after finishing it just to see what it was like from start to finish while understanding the game mechanics.
December 26, 2012 3:30:50 PM

Hate to break the 3rd Person RPG list, but have you tried any games from the Baldurs Gate Series?
December 26, 2012 3:31:47 PM

There is also fable, although fable is now getting forgotten.
December 26, 2012 9:32:09 PM

Older RPG's to try:

Fallout
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate I and II
Icewind Dale I and II
Planescape: Torment
Arcanum
Neverwinter Nights
Vampire Bloodline: Masquerade

Modern:

Witcher
Witcher 2
Dragon Age: Origions
Legend of Grimrock

As you can see, I love the Infinity Engine games. I think they were amazing and the best overall RPG experiences that I have had to date. Witcher and Witcher 2 are fantastic as well and really are the 2 best modern RPG's that I have played. The combat in the Witcher is different, but I like the flow of it. Witcher was really a shock at how good it was.
December 26, 2012 10:05:45 PM

The Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape games will have possible issues with new OS's, though there are fixes online, and Baldur's gate has an enhanced edition that has made it work with new hardware.
December 26, 2012 10:17:26 PM

bystander said:
The Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape games will have possible issues with new OS's, though there are fixes online, and Baldur's gate has an enhanced edition that has made it work with new hardware.

GOG.com versions work without a hitch on Windows 7 64 bit.
December 27, 2012 1:32:01 PM

robert123456 said:
Gothic series, Drakensang, Risen, Arx Fatalis, Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect, Fallout, Morrowind/Oblivion, Vampire: The Masquerade, KOTOR, Divine Divinity series, Kingdoms of Amalur....

some are old games but personally I don't care because they are still amazing compared to the lack of ideas found in the RPG genre in the last few years.

Thank you man, I appreciate :)  Most of them i have finished, but some i will try soon :)  Thanks!
December 27, 2012 1:33:47 PM

bystander said:
I found the Witcher wasn't very fun in combat at first. A lot of it has to do with just not understanding it. However, after you get further into the game, it starts to make more sense and become a lot of fun. I had to replay the game after finishing it just to see what it was like from start to finish while understanding the game mechanics.

I tried it too...and saw combat, and i didin't like that...but, i will try again :) 
December 27, 2012 1:34:51 PM

braddullz said:
Hate to break the 3rd Person RPG list, but have you tried any games from the Baldurs Gate Series?

That's old game, right? I didn't
!