Which is the best gaming console to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeyejohnson

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
i got my daughter a wii yesterday for xmas, i had it out the box, folowed mauifrogs softmod any wii guide on wiihacks and just put an old 2.5 external hdd on wich im ripping the games to now, v easy to do no tools or knowledge required features ive added
dvd play back
nes snes n64 2600 gba gb sega and neo geo emulators
usb/sd loading
media chennel
lots more too,
just my 2p

ashima123

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Well, thank you PopeyeJhonson. You seem to be satisfied with Wii. Will think over it. Thank you. :)

Mi 1 ez, I like games like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Portal etc. I hope you got the idea.

jamkor

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2012
If those are the games you want to play, you will be fine on either console. You can't play them on the Wii (or at least the same versions). Both have their pros and cons. PS3 has blu-ray, controllers with built in rechargeable batteries, the uncharted, killzone, resistance, god of war exclusive franchises and free online. Xbox has a very robust online community, but you pay for it. It also has the Halo franchise, and kinect which can be fun. Really, your best bet is to go with what your friends have. That is a good way to decide. You can share games and play together. I have both and tend to go back and forth based on what is important to me (playing with friends on Xbox or great exclusive series on PS3-imo).

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Best console? PC :D

Otherwise, I'd go with a Wii U personally since it has the potential of having Mario and Zelda exclusives. There aren't any exclusives that are appealing enough to convince me to buy a 360 or PS3. Not saying their exclusives are bad, just saying I don't care about them.

Shade151

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
I would agree with the above, the best one is the PC :). However I would say that the Xbox has the lead when it comes to the quality of cross platform releases. In general games released for both systems tend to have more AA and less screen tearing/frame rate drops on the Xbox than the PS3 versions. I own both, but end up buying a lot more games for the Xbox than the PS3.

On a side note I love the 360 controller and hate the ps3 one... (its the triggers), but thanks to the Cronus Device (http://www.cronusdevice.com) You can use whichever on whatever you like.

Anyway, happy gaming!

Bellular

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Go with where your friends are. I have both a ps3 and 360 and would reccommend the 360. Online is much, much better. Especially having party chat across all games (ie you can be in group chat with friends playing different games). My ps3 is used as a blu ray player now. Also multiformat games seem to run better on the 360 as the PS3's CELL processor is rather infamously hard to optimise for.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012

I agree.

I kind of like the Wii because it doesn't pretend to be a PC. Xbox and PS3 basically are just PCs with most of the good things removed, where as the Wii, and Nintendo in general, try to do something different. I'm not a huge fan of motion control, but it can be fun if used properly, like with Skyward Sword.

ARCADDER

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2012
Dude if you haven't bought the console already, go for the PS3! I mean it! Look, XBOX charges you for basic things like go online and play with others, the controls need AA batteries, want a keyboard to type faster in apps and games? Well, go and buy the licensed one. Go and buy the Kinect. Go and buy the special XBOX headset, Go and buy every damn thing!

On the other side PS3 has free online community and services, you can use almost every USB Keyboard or mouse you already have so a special one is not needed, and the best part is PSPlus, which is a service that gives you "free" games, discounts, early access, automatic updates, 1GB cloud storage, and it only costs $49.99 a year.

If you dont want that, you can stay with a console that reads blu-ray, has free online services, home peripherals like USB microphones, webcam, keyboards and mice are compatible with your PS3, the controls have built in rechargeable battery and the list goes on and on. If you buy something tell us! :hello:

TheGhxst

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
ARCADDER has a pretty solid argument for the PS3.

Being an XBOX owner, LIVE seems to have a more reliable online gaming experiance from what I have personally seen. Sure you have to purchase more stuff for the XBOX, but that is why the consol came out about 100-200 dollars cheaper than its Sony competitor. ;)

XBOX has it's own set of exclusive titles, like Halo as mentioned above, but also more like Mass Effect(which is rumored to go to PS3 anyway, so it doesn't really count), Gears of War, Crackdown(which was a decent game), Lost Odyssey(fantastic RPG), and a few others I can't think of at the moment. Both systems have their own plethra of features on the dashboards as well.

XBOX doesn't have the best rep with having good craftmanship on their systems, with the entire RRoD fiasco, but with the new "slim" versions(what I currently own), I have not had heating issues sense I bought it when it was launched a few years ago.

So really, you will end up paying around the same for both if you think about it. It really depends on what you want to play and get out of it. I would say dig through a bunch of games and figure out what you want to play from the exclusives, and choose that specific one.

Or go PC ^_^ lol

Colinadney

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Now we are show many types of gaming console on the internet but I would like to buy a PlayStation. The PlayStation is the world's most popular games console and that's provide a wide range of games. I have a batter experience to play a PlayStation games. Now playstation 3 is totally redesigned console. The PS3 game able to online playing and downloading. We are easily transfer your downloaded games.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

In what way is this true? PS3 and Xbox360 both shipped 70million units worldwide as of September of 2012, and the original Wii has outsold both of them by roughly 30%.

ARCADDER

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2012
Yup go PC!!! Hahaha I'm now in that process, anyhow, even with the PSPlus service, the prices don't even come close to Steam prices. I mean, it is abysmal.

I think it is irrelevant that you pointed out PS3 was 100-200 more expensive than XBOX360 6 years ago, since he is going to buy a console in this period in which you can buy a brand new PS3 Mini for $299 bucks. The slim version of XBOX didn't gave solution to the mandatory AA batteries, the need of buying every other peripheral especially designed for XBOX360 and the obligatory subscription to XBOXlive if you want to play online.

But hey! Look at this, you have TheGhxst giving good points for XBOX and me giving (you decide if they are good or not) points for PS3. So the conclussion is, don't take advise on us, like TheGhxst said, go to gamespot or some other videogame database website to look for games that you like or would like to play so you can buy the system in which those games are!

chocostain

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Go for Playstation. PS3! I mean, if you're really a hardcore gamer. Playstation is built to last and withstand the torments you can give it.

Not only that, it is also a lifesaver.

One time I was playing all day and due to exhaustion, I fell asleep during a boss battle. My unit was still up and running and didn't burn out when I woke up 12 hours after.

Imagine that! I'm glad the house didn't burn down.

I don't know if other consoles can survive this ordeal.

Peasant

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2013
What is your budget? If it's 300$+ then go on eBay and buy yourself a PC. It will get the best game play out of the games you prefer to play and have better ability to multitask. But if you want to hang out with your friends, buy the console they have you will still have just as much fun no matter if you choose a console or a PC. :)

TheGhxst

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012

I've left my Xbox on for days on end without any problems. All of my neighbors homes burnt down though.

TheGhxst

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012

It was very much irrelevant lol. The prices now are much lower then they used to be. Xbox had to play catch up and included the wifi and touch capabilities to there newest model. So as of now they are practically the same price, excluding the paying for LIVE thing every year. And battery/recharable packs. I voted for PC, which is why I'm building mine now as well XD

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
No point pretending either console is more durable than the other. They both break down at alarmingly high rates considering their price and the long tradition of consoles before them somehow still functioning in some cases almost 30 years later.

I've never understood why cross game chatting is so important. If your in the middle of a game of battlefield I'd rather be chatting with my squad mates then some friend in a totally different game. I could see if the game didn't require good team communication, but most games that have voice chat is because it's beneficial to the team and the game.

TroyHopson

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I enjoy 360's. A lot of versatility with them. On the negative side, I have found Play-stations to be much more durable than most Xbox's. I went through a bad stroke of overheating luck with 3 360's in one year, while my PS1 is still out of box condition with no problems in sight, and YES I do find things to play on it, LOL.
All in all, if I had to choose my favorite system, I'd go with an N64 :sol:. They're almost impossible to break, and the games for them? Pheeeew man, old as dirt; but fun as all hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.